Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
will Nuggets ever be as good as last season or do they have to make another move? seems like they are missing big Al's/Rudy's outside shooting a lot. They got no space to operate.

No they won't.If anything holding onto Gasol even till this summer helps them.When Gasol is in his final year next season and has a $19 million expiring contract that makes his trade value worth even more.Other teams will be salivating at that and want to trade for him. Minnesota for one has been wanting him for awhile to pair him with Ricky Rubio_Other small market teams who are looking to stay under the cap (Utah, Houston) will want him also just for that reason alone.
Also you must of forgot who other teams are dealing with:

Just look at his track record in making the deals for Gasol, Dwight, and Nash :lol:

but you're forgetting that nash/kobe ain't exactly young, this season was supposed to be chip or bust. So the lakers will punt this season waiting for Pau's market value to reach the highest point even if that means this summer? Everyone knows laker fans are the most impatient ones :lol:

No they won't.If anything holding onto Gasol even till this summer helps them.When Gasol is in his final year next season and has a $19 million expiring contract that makes his trade value worth even more.Other teams will be salivating at that and want to trade for him. Minnesota for one has been wanting him for awhile to pair him with Ricky Rubio_Other small market teams who are looking to stay under the cap (Utah, Houston) will want him also just for that reason alone.

Ok. You aren't getting Love. You aren't getting Harden. So what do those 3 teams offer you?

so how is Gasol valuable as an expiring? sure you can say that but realistically all Lakers would get in return would be straight trash.

word acting like Gasol is a rising star big man who can change the face of a franchise. Gasol is on the decline.

Twolves whether this year or next will still be offering a combo of DWill, Broys, Ridnour, Pek.
Rockets I don't know what they'll offer with no one making enough other than harden
Utah can offer Big Al + Raja.

But yeah gasol's value is not that high even with the expiring.

word acting like Gasol is a rising star big man who can change the face of a franchise. Gasol is on the decline.
Twolves whether this year or next will still be offering a combo of DWill, Broys, Ridnour, Pek.
Rockets I don't know what they'll offer with no one making enough other than harden
Utah can offer Big Al + Raja.
But yeah gasol's value is not that high even with the expiring.

All it takes is for Kevin Love or Josh Smith to say "I don't want to be here anymore and I'm demanding a trade" and there already have been rumors that Kevin Love wants out if Minnesota does not improve this season or next season.

Josh Smith is is tight with Dwight and is a free agent this summer.If he decides he wants out Atlanta you better believe the Lakers will be on his list.

People who think the twolves will give up Love for Pau are stupid as ****

Ive heard it all now :lol: come on man klove jsmoove!?!? I admire laker fan imaginations though.

is Josh Smith really a significant upgrade or even a upgrade over Pau? i don't think so. i think the best thing the Lakers can do is try to find a defensive minded point guard or combo guard off the bench and see if Pau's condition get better with rest or with Nash. I can't see any realistic trade for Pau that the Lakers can get with a higher ceiling than Pau getting healthy. Even though he's on the decline, you guys have to remember how talent and versatile this man is. :smh:

is Josh Smith really a significant upgrade or even a upgrade over Pau? i don't think so. i think the best thing the Lakers can do is try to find a defensive minded point guard or combo guard off the bench and see if Pau's condition get better with rest or with Nash. I can't see any realistic trade for Pau that the Lakers can get with a higher ceiling than Pau getting healthy. Even though he's on the decline, you guys have to remember how talent and versatile this man is.
mean.gif
Josh Smith certainly brings more to the table with the personnel that is already in place.

And if you're bringing up versatility...I don't see how you think Pau is more versatile than a dude who literally is all over the stat sheet on any given night.

Steve Nash on the break with Kobe and Smith on the wing and Dwight trailing > Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard getting in each other's way

is Josh Smith really a significant upgrade or even a upgrade over Pau? i don't think so. i think the best thing the Lakers can do is try to find a defensive minded point guard or combo guard off the bench and see if Pau's condition get better with rest or with Nash. I can't see any realistic trade for Pau that the Lakers can get with a higher ceiling than Pau getting healthy. Even though he's on the decline, you guys have to remember how talent and versatile this man is. :smh:

I'll say this: at least Josh Smith gives the Lakers the athleticism (and young legs) to keep up a bit more with teams like OKC and Memphis. Now, will Atlanta sacrifice that considering they need that same athleticism to compete against the Heat? Probably not.

lakers need to get it over w/TOR and make sure calderon is included in any scenario. Duhon/Morris/Blake ain't cutting it. If they think they can get by with that atrocity of a PG rotation while waiting for Nash they are crazy.

dont know why they dont bring in delonte west. they are so stupid..

this franchise is known to take chances on problem players. rodman, jr rider, artest, etc

this franchise is known to take chances on problem players. rodman, jr rider, artest, etc

Because i dont think pringles can have that control over a troubled player. They could have signed livingston when be got waived by houston.

Because i dont think pringles can have that control over a troubled player. They could have signed livingston when be got waived by houston.
Disagree with that train of thought, same with everyone's intrepidation on KenYon Martin. At this point, you get either for a 1 yr minimum deal. If they are do manage to become a problem, you just send them home. I think both can help a lot of teams, particularly Kenyon though. He would be scary on the Heat since he can defend the 5 and then gives them an athletic lineup where they can switch pick and rolls and be interchangeable on D. It was also rumored Boston considered but changed their mind, he'd be a great fit there too and if anything his attitude would add to the team's swag and how they play.

you can really sense how insecure other teams fanbases are whenever you mention the Lakers :lol: laugh all you want but the odds of Kevin Love/Josh Smith ending up in LA are probably much better than Dwight/Pau/Nash/Artest being there in the first place and it's all because their management is just that damn good.

if you've been keeping up with Pau's situation and Derrick Williams in Minny, the writing is HELLA on the wall for some kind of trade between the two teams. enjoy the Lakers struggles while it lasts bros

Reason no one signed kmart bc he wants more than the vet min. Dude needs to realize he is a bench player at this pt in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom