Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
clyde is as bad as his suits he be rokin. i used to watch nik games on mute cus of him. sound like dr. seus callin the game while readin a thesaurus upside down. yes, im mad.

What do the double Ds on the Grizz uniforms stand for?

Anybody else think Jerryd Bayless is the weirdest looking dude in the NBA?

I can never stop appreciating what LeBron James does for the NBA, both on and off the court. He's so talented. :pimp:

As far as announcers go, I hate listening to LAC telecasts, and SA telecasts.

I'm glad Rick Carlisle seems to let go of his fear of letting Elton Brand thrive. There was a span of like 6 games where he wasn't even hitting 25 minutes. That's unacceptable. You find minutes for a guy like Elton Brand. Tonight showed why. Not only beasting on the boards, but putting up great shots, staying active on the boards, and playing the best post defense since Tyson was here. 12 rebounds and not a liability on offense, like Troy Murphy was for us. There are enough three point shots for OJ and Vince, we don't need any from anyone else.

I'm glad that experiment is over with. I'm also glad that Fisher didn't play more than Collison. Fisher did some things right out there, but a lot more things wrong. :lol: . I'll give him some slack because he's new to the team, but he just looked for his offense too much tonight. He was actually fine defensively, because DET's guards didn't drive much tonight, and he was able to stay in front of them on the perimeter. 8 shots per game is something I don't to become a habit though. I'd rather have Wince shoot than Fisher.

Juice though. :pimp:

Love him getting that many shots, and him not giving up. Started 0/4, ended 10/21. I can live with that. A lot of his shots were in-and-out too. He's not taking bad shots, which is all I can ask from him. One turnover between him and Collison too, that's exactly what we need.

Down by as much as 15 points to the Grizzlies, the Spurs come back in the fourth quarter, force overtime and win the game. Safe to say the extra rest paid off.

A lot of people always want to write them off. I'm not one of them. They show spurts of great, dominant basketball at times. They're resilient too. As long as Timmy is playing, and Pop is coaching, I can never count them out. Overwhelming favorite? No, but always at least a dark-horse contender? Pretty much.

I don't think Breen and Clyde are that bad, but together they're just not pleasing to listen to. I really like three-man commentating crews. My bias is showing, but I like how Dallas is structured. A play-by-play guy who knows the game well enough that doesn't let his bias overwhelm outside audiences (Followill), a former NBA player who brings better insight, and analyzes the game more than a play-by-play (D. Harper), and a color commentator that livens up the mood (Jeff Wade). I can listen to them all day.

Attention TNT/ESPN: You need Brian Scalabrine on the sideline. Scal had one of the most entertaining postgame interviews with Kevin Garnett after the Celtics defeated the Trailblazers Friday night, joking with KG that all the young guys around the league have his poster hanging “until they get to know you, then they rip that thing down”. Granted, he’s comfortable with these guys since he played with them, but it would be fun to see him on the big stage

Spurs over the Griz
pimp.gif
You hit a new low when you actually cheer on a team like the Spurs to beat us
mean.gif

I would say something about the shot clock violation and that easy foul call, but its cool. I bet we beat they *** next time in Memphis on January 11th. Save this post.
This should be fun

Maybe if this idiot worked on making layups rather than learning all the dance moves from a Korean pop song he'd be shooting above 39% from the field.
alonzoagrees.gif

[h1]Mavericks notes: Cuban sees eye to eye with Stern[/h1]
Posted Saturday, Dec. 01, 2012

By Dwain Price

[email protected]

DALLAS -- It's not very often that Mark Cuban is on the same page with NBA commissioner David Stern.

But the Dallas Mavericks owner said Stern did the right thing Friday in fining the San Antonio Spurs $250,000 for not bringing Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green to Thursday's nationally televised game in Miami against the Heat.

Cuban said where the Spurs went wrong is not bringing their marquee players to a game that was shown on TNT. If the Spurs had done the same thing in a game not played on national TV, Cuban said they likely would not have been issued a fine.

"Everybody who planned to watch San Antonio vs. Miami on TNT, we've got disappointed customers all over the place," Cuban said before Saturday's Mavericks home game against Detroit. "When I say our biggest customer, TV is our biggest customer.

"So I'm not saying San Antonio did the wrong thing. I'm just saying I understand exactly why the league did what they did."

From where Cuban's sitting, this was purely a follow-the-money situation. TV contracts pay the bills for the owners and players, and what the Spurs did Thursday was turn their backs on the very same folks who are paying the bills in the NBA.

"I tried to find every angle not to [side with Stern], but I do know who pays our bills," Cuban said. "That is the driver for all things financial in sports -- period, end of story.

"And when you [mess] with the money train you get [fined]."

Coach Rick Carlisle, who doubles as president of the NBA Coaches Association, said he'd rather not comment on Stern's ruling.

"It's not going to change anything," Carlisle said. "The commissioner made his ruling."

Cuban said the NBA did put the Spurs in a tough spot by having them play in Miami on national TV in what was the Spurs' fourth game in five nights. Cuban isn't sure what he would have done had the Mavs been in the same predicament.

"I'm not saying the Mavs will do the same thing, but I realize it would be a finable offense," Cuban said.

"I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same thing if Coach came to me and said we should rest these guys. But I'd willingly pay the fine knowing what's at stake."
Again, he could have done this against Orlando, Washington or Toronto and this wouldn't have been an issue. He chose to do this during a nationally televised game in a city they played in once a year. He messed up people's money that night.

Hey_

About Adventures of Christopher Bosh In The Multiverse:

"The film is basically what everybody already knows about how Chris Bosh is a disgraced space prince from another reality who saved the human race from that evil space sorceress that one time," Rivera told HuffPost Miami. "Dude is still trying to live off of that." [...]

In the 12-minute, neon-hued, tripped-out film, Barfar the Wolfman Mystic guides Bosh on his journey into our reality. "Bosh's main obstacle is himself. He lives outside of our problems until he is forced to deal with our world," Rivera explains.

Julius F.Wrek

I hope David Stern fines the referee who ejected Sheed. It was kids day and alot of people payed good money to take their children to see Rasheed Wallace play.

Think about the children David.

Old man Fisher is starting over DC? What?

I think this is a great move. That backcourt turned the ball over a bit too much especially down the stretch. DC also looked for his offense a bit too much when he just doesn't have that type of game. IMO the mavs are best right now when their best player, OJ is getting upwards of 17 fga's and DC slows that down.

He turns it over a bit and breaks the offense for himself too much unsuccessfully. D Fish will be great as long as he isn't in his "wanna be a.i." mode and look for his offense either. He won't turn the ball over like DC, will allow O.J. to be a scorer fully, and will get the mavs quality possessions.

Worst announcers in the league?

Cavs
Bulls
Celtics
Spurs
Blazers
Clips

The best?
Heat
Raptors
Warriors
Suns