Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zyzz's jersey knowledge is always
nthat.gif
you my boy
smokin.gif
You two make a good pair.

A very annoying and attention seeking pair.

Feel bad for Royce, to have something like this hanging over his head that could directly contribute to him being out of the league way before he needs too is rough.

Former NBA Most Valuable Player Allen Iverson reportedly will play for Maccabi Haifa in its two exhibition games against NBA teams -- and perhaps longer. Iverson, 37, will suit up for the Israeli squad when it takes on the Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota Timberwolves this month in the United States, the Israeli Sport5 site reported. Sport5 added that Maccabi Haifa officials are considering signing the perennial NBA All-Star guard to a longer contract if the experiment succeeds.

:smokin

Has Wade ever had a nice looking pair of shoes? I'm not even into shoes like that, but everything I've seen from him has been :x :lol:

I have an extreme fear of getting on roller coasters, but if you paid me millions of dollars to go on them as my job I would ride any damn roller coaster at any time of the day you want me to. **** that "anxiety disorder" fairy tale.....this is a grown *** man with a job to do. The dude has been playing basketball since he was a little kid knowing that if he was to get into the NBA one day that he would have to fly to other cities to go to games. He's 21 years old now...he should have been prepared for this. I have no respect for people that let little fears stop them from living the life that they should be living. At one point in our lives everybody is scared as **** when they're about to make a speech or go into an interview. But we get over these things because we GROW UP and have to do so in order to get anywhere in life. The guy isn't LeBron James....if he already wants preferential treatment for something like this then his *** will not be playing in the NBA for very long.

I don't think you guys quite understand, this is a disorder, not him being lazy, or a wimp, or wanting special treatment.

People can give themselves heart attacks panicking so much, go into seizures, all kinds of horrible things.

Can he someday overcome? Sure. He could also cuase himself tremendous harm if he seized up or something similar. This is not a laughing matter what the kid goes thru.

I have an extreme fear of getting on roller coasters, but if you paid me millions of dollars to go on them as my job I would ride any damn roller coaster at any time of the day you want me to. **** that "anxiety disorder" fairy tale.....this is a grown *** man with a job to do. The dude has been playing basketball since he was a little kid knowing that if he was to get into the NBA one day that he would have to fly to other cities to go to games. He's 21 years old now...he should have been prepared for this. I have no respect for people that let little fears stop them from living the life that they should be living. At one point in our lives everybody is scared as **** when they're about to make a speech or go into an interview. But we get over these things because we GROW UP and have to do so in order to get anywhere in life. The guy isn't LeBron James....if he already wants preferential treatment for something like this then his *** will not be playing in the NBA for very long.

You're a clown.

It's a clinically diagnosed mental illness that millions of people suffer from. Much more than a "fear of flying" or your pansy *** being afraid of roller coasters.

His fear of flying is just ONE of the things he suffers from due to his anxiety. Thousands of people commit suicide from clinical depression from anxiety disorder. It's not a "fairy tale". There are biological and hereditary factors that lead to having anxiety disorders.

:smh:

Last edited:

Horrible. "Anxiety disorder" is not a synonym for "shy." It's a DISORDER.

I don't think you guys quite understand, this is a disorder, not him being lazy, or a wimp, or wanting special treatment.
People can give themselves heart attacks panicking so much, go into seizures, all kinds of horrible things.
Can he someday overcome? Sure. He could also cuase himself tremendous harm if he seized up or something similar. This is not a laughing matter what the kid goes thru.

Exactly man. I have family members who suffer from similar illnesses to Royce. If he could avoid all this I'm sure he would. Unless any of you really know what it's like to have an anxiety attack then shut up. Like CP he's not doing this because he wants special treatment, he wants to make sure he's mentally healthy to perform on the court.

Oh okay. So....can any one of you tell me what other things are included in Royce's anxiety disorder other than flying? Please do tell.

"I sit in my seat and ask the flight attendant 10 times if the flight's going to be all right," White said. "I ask the attendant if a certain sound is normal, and does the plane always shake like that."

I've done the same thing multiple times when I've been on an airplane. Dammit. Guess I'm not going to be able to take that multi-million dollar salary job :smh:

I like the guy as a basketball player by the way, and actually wanted the Sixers to draft him.

Last edited:
Its actually a good thing he is doing this at an early stage of his career. His first years will be the hardest but as he adjusts to life in the NBA it will become easier and he'll be more adapted to it. Making a longterm plan for success for him is a smart move and its not surprising that a guy like Morey is obviously ok with him figuring out a plan for his success.

Buc Em is ignorant.

I remember having an anxiety/panic attack & ending up in the hospital THEN having to stay in there for a month this year after being diagnosed with multiple psychological disorders...its no joke & the only thing I enjoyed doing being there was eating 3 meals a day cause that hospital had a somewhat nice variety of food. But yeah, I wish none of these things on nobody

Jeff Green sat out the whole year with a heart condition? What a little p****, Man it up!

Last edited:
Buc Em is ignorant.
I remember having an anxiety/panic attack & ending up in the hospital THEN having to stay in there for a month this year after being diagnosed with multiple psychological disorders...its no joke & the only thing I enjoyed doing being there was eating 3 meals a day cause that hospital had a somewhat nice variety of food. But yeah, I wish none of these things on nobody

Much respect to you for sharing your story. Unfortunately, as demonstrated by some of the comments in this thread, there is a lot of ignorance out there about mental illness. Having people who really have to deal with these problems talk about them out in the open can help combat that ignorance, in my opinion.

Oh okay. So....can any one of you tell me what other things are included in Royce's anxiety disorder other than flying? Please do tell.

"I sit in my seat and ask the flight attendant 10 times if the flight's going to be all right," White said. "I ask the attendant if a certain sound is normal, and does the plane always shake like that."

I've done the same thing multiple times when I've been on an airplane. Dammit. Guess I'm not going to be able to take that multi-million dollar salary job
mean.gif

I like the guy as a basketball player by the way, and actually wanted the Sixers to draft him.
Reading one excerpt of what he asks on a flight is not even close to describing how it feels. And it's hard for others, even those who might suffer from similar disorders, to explain what an individual goes through... here's another quote from White, funny.. you didn't pick this one.
"Panic attacks are like, if you have one you are susceptible to another one," he says. "Your mind races and the adrenaline starts to pump. The adrenaline is so powerful it makes your heart beat faster. That sends it back to your mind, and you're like, my heart is beating. Panic on top of panic on top of panic. It feels like you're dying."
This isn't like you getting a little nervous before a job interview, this is an ongoing disorder that disrupts a person's entire life.. and can occur at all times. 

Your inability to differentiate between giving a speech and having an anxiety  disorder  shows not only your incredible ignorance in regards to mental health, but your callous lack of empathy for another human being.

No one is saying the league needs to change every road game to driving distance for White, no one is saying the Rockets HAVE to bend over backwards to help him. What we're saying is there's a major difference between "little fears" and medically diagnosed mental conditions. Congrats, you don't suffer from this.. but many do. And you're not more of a man because you don't have anxiety or depression.. and they're not any less of one either. It's a lack of sensitivity for these issues that cause people to keep their problems a secret, which not only negatively impacts their own lives, but those around them. Additionally, the more open and willing to share their stories (like White), the better we can help those who actually need the help... like those who might have been too ashamed and worried of what ignorant people like you think. 

And being sensitive to someone else's problems and pain isn't some "fairy tale" sign of weakness, it makes you a damn human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom