Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can't keep doing the same thing against bron bron , gotta treat him like

a elite quarterback , confuse him with different looks and sets and rough him up

some of those bron shots in the paint looked like he was trying to miss on purpose...they where that bad

Last edited:
you can't keep doing the same thing against bron bron , gotta treat him like
a elite quarterback , confuse him with different looks and set and rough him up

some of those bron shots in the paint looked like he was trying to miss on purpose...they where that bad

Saw that too.

Doc Rivers to the Clippers? That would be the most ideal fit ever.
nthat.gif

USA Basketball Invites for FIBA 2014:

PG: Irving, Lillard, Walker, Wall, Conley, Holiday, Lawson

SG:K. Leonard, K Thompson, Beal, DeRozan, Waiters

SF: P George, Parsons, Barnes, Hayward

PF: Faried, Davis, Gibson, Monroe, Anderson

C: Cousins, Drummond, Favors, Jordan, Sanders, Zeller

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/roster.html

Team USA going with the youth movement, wonder how these kids are gonna do. Wall + Cousins :pimp:

Last edited:
Who is returning from the Olympic team?

And did they televise these camps any before? I can't remember.

Last edited:
USA Basketball Invites for FIBA 2014:

PG: Irving, Lillard, Walker, Wall, Conley, Holiday, Lawson

SG:K. Leonard, K Thompson, Beal, DeRozan, Waiters

SF: P George, Parsons, Barnes, Hayward

PF: Faried, Davis, Gibson, Monroe, Anderson

C: Cousins, Drummond, Favors, Jordan, Sanders, Zeller

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/roster.html

Team USA going with the youth movement, wonder how these kids are gonna do. Wall + Cousins :pimp:

Should've invited hibbert

The Nets, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, and San Antonio Spurs joined the NBA for the 1976–77 season. With Erving and Nate Archibald (acquired in a trade with Kansas City), the Nets were poised to pick up right where they left off. However, the New York Knicks upset the Nets' plans when they demanded that the Nets pay them $4.8 million for "invading" the Knicks' NBA territory. Coming on the heels of the fees the Nets had to pay for joining the NBA, owner Roy Boe reneged on a promise to raise Erving's salary. Erving refused to play under these conditions and held out in training camp.

The Nets offered Erving's contract to the Knicks in return for waiving the indemnity, but the Knicks turned it down. This was considered one of the worst decisions in franchise history, which caused the Walt Frazier led-dynasty in the 70s to collapse quickly. The Knicks would become one of the worst teams in the league until they had the 1st pick in the 1985 NBA Draft, which they used to select Patrick Ewing from Georgetown.[14] The Philadelphia 76ers then decided to offer to buy Erving's contract for $3 million—roughly the same amount as the Nets' expansion fee—Boe had little choice but to accept. This would total $6 million dollars overall, with the other half going to Erving. His new jersey number 6 would derive from the $6 million dollars paid by the Philadelphia 76ers; it also matched the team nickname "Sixers." For all intents and purposes, the Nets traded their franchise player for a berth in the NBA. The Erving deal left the Nets in ruin; they promptly crashed to a 24–58 record, the worst in the league.[citation needed] Years later, Boe regretted having to trade Erving, saying, "The merger agreement killed the Nets as an NBA franchise . . . . The merger agreement got us into the NBA, but it forced me to destroy the team by selling Erving to pay the bill."

I've never ever ever heard this

Hs anyone heard this?

This is some of the craziest **** I've everrrrrr heard

The Knicks could have easily been the lakers. Low balled an offer for Kareem. Denied a FREEEEEEEE DR J

Historical screw ups

Last edited:
Yeah I heard of that story. Those teams were the best of the ABA but the Nets shared an area with NY. With the Nets owner in debt he had to do it.

:lol: @ that "territory" bs. Clowns.

Never knew about any of this. I should read up more on the ABA and that period of basketball in general. Figures the Knicks would turn down Dr. J. It's always the same story with this franchise :lol:

Knicks were recently world champs at the time and he owed money. It's hard to speculate this many years later to be honest

Last edited:
I know that, but I'm also hearing Jason has been one of the smartest played in the league since entering.

Haven't heard that about Ewing since he's been retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom