Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^That S-Jax interview was gold. Especially the Ron-Ron story. "Are we gonna get in trouble?" LOL.

He told the same story when he was on the Breakfast Club, this interview is a little more rated R though :lol:

Stephen Jackson Has The Realest Interviews -That Right There Was Thusfar The Best Episode Of HQ That I've Seen

Last edited:
I find it ridiculous how early miami threw in the towel last night. If I'm lebron, i dont care if we're down 50, (if it wasn't for mike miller, they very well may have been) I'm fighting until the refs put their jackets on and the crowd is completely gone. After he scored 9 points in the last minute of the third quarter, I thought to myself 'this isnt over, surely lebrom and co. will fight till the death... 8 minutes left in the game, here comes James Jones and Joel Anthony :smh:

and cosign on those easy shots lebron was missing in the paint, i noticed that too. Just imagine if tmac hits a buzzer beater to win the' chip :wow: :wow: :wow: I think it'll be like what Y2K was meant to be.

USA Basketball Invites for FIBA 2014:

PG: Irving, Lillard, Walker, Wall, Conley, Holiday, Lawson

SG:K. Leonard, K Thompson, Beal, DeRozan, Waiters

SF: P George, Parsons, Barnes, Hayward

PF: Faried, Davis, Gibson, Monroe, Anderson

C: Cousins, Drummond, Favors, Jordan, Sanders, Zeller

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/roster.html

Team USA going with the youth movement, wonder how these kids are gonna do. Wall + Cousins :pimp:

I think it's pretty clear Team USA is treating the World Cup as a proving ground for the Olympic squads. The United States, unlike everyone else, places an emphasis on the Olympics, and will send its best players there every time (as long as they're part of the program).

Also, one thing people need to keep in mind is that Team USA's competition isn't getting any younger. Within a few years, Spain is going to look like Argentina has in the last three tournaments (Beijing, Turkey, London). Those programs are/were good because they've played together for so long. They don't have a continual crop of young talent to keep up with the overwhelming talent Team USA can reload with.

Should've invited hibbert
I believe Hibbertbus still sitting out since he played with Jamaica a few years ago. I remember reading him saying that had he known he'd have a shot with the USA team he would have waited before committing to Jamaica

I think it's pretty clear Team USA is treating the World Cup as a proving ground for the Olympic squads. The United States, unlike everyone else, places an emphasis on the Olympics, and will send its best players there every time (as long as they're part of the program).

Also, one thing people need to keep in mind is that Team USA's competition isn't getting any younger. Within a few years, Spain is going to look like Argentina has in the last three tournaments (Beijing, Turkey, London). Those programs are/were good because they've played together for so long. They don't have a continual crop of young talent to keep up with the overwhelming talent Team USA can reload with.
Although there are some worthy names of Olympic and WC consideration, you guys need to remember the last mini camp during in-between-summers in 09, and what players came out of that camp and earned a spot in Turkey and London, Gay (albeit short lived) Durant, Russy, Iggy.

Out of this year's minicamp I'd be shocked if more than 3 or 4 guys got the call up again to the Oly or WC. Especially if CP3, Dwill, and Russy/Rose are healthy, since a lot of the studs in this minicamp pool are small guards. It would be nice to see some of the young bigs play on the big stage.

I see Davis, Irving, Monroe, and maybe Lawson getting called up

"Jack used to try to give me some of his tapes, but, first of all I couldn't even understand what was going on, and some of them you could even dance to, but once I started hearing what they were saying and everything I just gave them back."

:lol: pop talking about stephen trying to get him to listen to his mixtapes.

I believe Hibbertbus still sitting out since he played with Jamaica a few years ago. I remember reading him saying that had he known he'd have a shot with the USA team he would have waited before committing to Jamaica

Makes sense. No way of predicting Howard/Bosh sitting out for FA/getting injured though.

It's gonna be interesting. I just need to see Kyrie/Curry backcourt :x :pimp: :x

Last edited:
USA Basketball Invites for FIBA 2014:

PG: Irving, Lillard, Walker, Wall, Conley, Holiday, Lawson

SG:K. Leonard, K Thompson, Beal, DeRozan, Waiters

SF: P George, Parsons, Barnes, Hayward

PF: Faried, Davis, Gibson, Monroe, Anderson

C: Cousins, Drummond, Favors, Jordan, Sanders, Zeller

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/roster.html

Team USA going with the youth movement, wonder how these kids are gonna do. Wall + Cousins
pimp.gif
Where is Curry??!?!?!:lol: at that Steph Curry Vine post, dude is hilarious. Riley Curry will be a star in College ball

Last edited:
Your better than that TY. In what world is Bosh and JOEL ANTHONY worth Anderson, Lopez, and Rivers and then you threw in picks as well. I know your prolly just trying to match salary. But No1 in their right mind accepts that trade on the Hornets end.

Bosh by himself isnt getting anyone to the Western Conference playoffs. He was barely getting the Raptors to the playoffs in the East when all the Stars were out west. Bosh is good. But hes not a #1 for a playoff team. If the Heat just use him right he should be the number 2 and Wade needs to realize hes not Flash anymore and learn how to shoot a jumpshot. He should be the spot up shooter, not Bosh.

I really don't think that's as much as a lobsided trade as ya'll are making it out to be

Anderson can score but he's a role player, Lopez is a role player & Rivers looked absolutely lost all season.. In Return for that they get a guy who is VERY versatile and can help carry a team. The hornets would only be under his contract for two more years then handover the keys to AD. But an interior of AD & Bosh would be a fantastic way to help AD improve IMO.

Bosh doesn't suck but the way the Heat utilize him makes him a role player and it has been depleting his game.

"Jack used to try to give me some of his tapes, but, first of all I couldn't even understand what was going on, and some of them you could even dance to, but once I started hearing what they were saying and everything I just gave them back."

:lol: pop talking about stephen trying to get him to listen to his mixtapes.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom