Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passing is not Melo's problem, quick shots 20 feet out are. He has too much versatility offensively to just chuck from three or two steps in like he does.

He shoots a higher percentage from mid range than he does at the rim, son is a horrible finisher for his size. I'll take him from 12-20 feet on the center/right side over any other shot on the court

Last edited:
He shoots a higher percentage from mid range than he does at the rim, son is a horrible finisher for his size. I'll take him from 12-20 feet on the center/right side over any other shot on the court

Well thats just wrong.

He shoots 52 at the rim, 42 from midrange, plus you don't get fouled on mid range jumpers.

I should have specified from the center/right side he shoots a higher percentage than at the rim and Melo definitely does get fouled shooting jumpers so...

Last edited:
I should have specified from the center/right side he shoots a higher percentage than at the rim and Melo definitely does get fouled shooting jumpers so...

no he doesn't, you can find the shot chart on nba.comn im too lazy to look it up, he doesn't shoot 50% on any jump shot in any area of high volume. And the chances of you getting fouled on a jump shot are significantly less than at the rim.

Its funny the only people you ever see talk about Wade's 2009 season is his Stans.

It wasn't talked about when it was happening
People weren't talking about a guy who was leading the league in scoring on 50% shooting while dishing out nearly 8 assists per game on his way to finishing 3rd in MVP voting & first team All NBA?

4 dudes were getting a lot of pub that year in Bron, Kobe, Wade, & Paul

Last edited:
I just went threw like the last few pages. It went from Wade being close to kobe but no one thinks he's better, to Wade was better then Bron at one point? Lmao, if you go back to the Indiana series yal was ******** all over Wade. Wade isn't better then A.I. Let alone being close to kobe as a SG.

Well thats just wrong.

He shoots 52 at the rim, 42 from midrange, plus you don't get fouled on mid range jumpers.

52 percent at the rim isnt great at all for an elite scorer

Percentages for other elite scorers

Lebron 76
Kobe 69
Durant 73
Harden 65
Wade 71
Westbrook 61
Curry 59

Its funny the only people you ever see talk about Wade's 2009 season is his Stans.

It wasn't talked about when it was happening
People weren't talking about a guy who was leading the league in scoring on 50% shooting while dishing out nearly 8 assists per game on his way to finishing 3rd in MVP voting & first team All NBA?

No!

Back then it was Kobe vs Lebron all the time.

Since were posting wade highlights id thought id post my top 3 lol 

No specfic order tho lol 
nthat.gif

I never knew that the New Orleans Hornets were once in the eastern conference, which they should be in. I was out of the loop around that time, I didn't have cable.

Last edited:
No!

Now this is revisionist history :lol:

There were 4 guys being talked about that year a ton for their play in Bron, Kobe, Wade & Paul.

Bron & Kobe got a lot of publicity that year but to act like everyone else was being ignored is laughable.

Wade got more 1st place MVP votes than Kobe that year.

Last edited:
Joey Crawford, Ed Malloy and Ken Mauer will officiate Game 2 of the Finals between the Heat and Spurs in Miami on Sunday night.

wow. quite possibly the 3 worst refs in the game. they really know how to fan the flames.

LISTEN TO MIKE BREEN DEFEND THIS **** IN THE VIDEO. LISTEN TO HIM!

Last edited:
Joey Crawford, Ed Malloy and Ken Mauer will officiate Game 2 of the Finals between the Heat and Spurs in Miami on Sunday night.

wow. quite possibly the 3 worst refs in the game. they really know how to fan the flames.

The NBA must love controversy. Crawford hates the Spurs. Easy win for miami

SMH, he been doin it for so long you cant find his **** in HD? Anyone have the HD versions of the reverse he did on KG in Minn or the one in the Garden?

No!

Now this is revisionist history :lol:

There were 4 guys being talked about that year a ton for their play in Bron, Kobe, Wade & Paul.

Bron & Kobe got a lot of publicity that year but to act like everyone else was being ignored is laughable.

Wade got more 1st place MVP votes than Kobe that year.

Dude Wade and Paul were nice little stories but they weren't taken seriously because their teams were so mediocre

Melo got more 1st place votes than Durant this year, is anybody really trying to say Melo is better than Durant? No!

Dude Wade and Paul were nice little stories but they weren't taken seriously because their teams were so mediocre

Melo got more 1st place votes than Durant this year, is anybody really trying to say Melo is better than Durant? No!

When did I say Wade was BETTER than Kobe?

We were talking about notoriety, not whether one player was better than the other.

And to suggest that Wade was being ignored nationally when he had more 1st place MVP votes than every other player except Bron, finished right behind Kobe in all star voting, made first team all nba, lead the friggin league in scoring on Jordan-esque efficiency, etc, is comical.

Last edited:

When did I say Wade was BETTER than Kobe?

We were talking about notoriety, not whether one player was better than the other.

And to suggest that Wade was being ignored nationally when he had more 1st place MVP votes than every other player except Bron, finished right behind Kobe in all star voting, made first team all nba, lead the friggin league in scoring on Jordan-esque efficiency, etc, is comical.

Dude he was ignored nationally!

Is there any memorable moments from that season, a casual fan would remember?

You ask casual NBA fans what was Wade's greatest season. I bet you you're going get 2006 as the answer way more times than somebody going to say 2009. Nobody cared in 2009 because the Heat record was so mediocre.

How could anybody get hype about Wade when Lebron was doing more and winning more with less talent? And Kobe was coming off an MVP season and his team was the favorite that year.

In 2009, it was Kobe vs Lebron every day, all day, all the time

thing about joey crawford, is that he makes it a point to let everyone know he is doing the gm. dude is over dramatic with his calls. over/under on 2 techs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom