Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*rock clapping gif along with any other applause gif for that red aurbach vid :wow: I never knew much about him, but I just gained TONS of respect for him by watching that vid alone. I had no clue that flopping was so prevalent back then; coaches were even encouraging it. Thats what separates him and phil jackson from other coaches, they respect tbe spirit of the game and take no shortcuts. Phil doesnt like fouling late in games to either secure a victory or to attempt a comeback. He says that the game was created to be played smoothly with as few fouls as possible. Respect.

There have to be a few of us out there who really don't care about posters trolling. I mean, EVERYONE who posts in S&T is guilty of it. Also, just because S&T was very unbiased and more knowledgable in the early 00's doesn't mean the posters weren't adverse to embellishing their opinions.

Trolling and embellishing opinions has been going on for the longest time. As it's been pointed out, it's PART of the S&T. Doesn't take away anything from the forum.

:lol:

False but continue

Sees join date, makes sense.

Lebron, lance and west fined 5k for flopping. You happy?

My dude lance didnt flop tho. He was just trying to "sell" ray allen bumping into him.

Not srs

Ever paid attention to his handles?

Battier must be grandfathered in :lol: son was flopping at Duke.

One thing I can say about mj, he had pride and enough respect for the game to not use manipulative tactics to gain calls. He was just a grown @@@ man going to work. No funny business.

Im a fan for giving Joel more time. Last year they didnt have bosh or birdman. Joel held his own in there. He is a good defender, gets some blocks, and rebounds on occasion.

He will never rebound like ben wallace did but as an undersized center he usually does a good job like ben did.

I think Pacers should start young on lebron. Dude is gritty and tough. He'll last at least a quarter and a half. That'll free up pg to get Loose. Hopefully he shows up aggressively tonight.

How Wade and Battier escaped without a flopping fine I have no idea. But atleast the league did something. They were kind of forced tho the way TNT was running Stephensons flops back all night. And then they highlighted the Bron/West double flop.

It wouldnt surprise me if the league told them to cool it on calling out the flopping so they dont have to fine guys since they definitely condone doing it tho. But Kerr seems real comfortable calling guys out for it. We'll see tonight if it has made a difference in play, or if there is just a difference on reporting it.

Last edited:
Paul george doesn't have the intensity/speed to fly by guys all night, similar to a Paul pierce. I think he can get to the level of an intense slasher, but for now, average handles with a solid stride.

Paul george doesn't have the intensity/speed to fly by guys all night, similar to a Paul pierce. I think he can get to the level of an intense slasher, but for now, average handles with a solid stride.
He does have the handle and speed. You don't continually blow past LeBron unless you have some quicks. Like you said, he doesn't play with intensity game in and game out. I think it's more mental than physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom