Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Wade's "stepback" he is holding the ball with 2 hands and both feet are in the air. Is that really a step or a jump? It was not that he took too many steps or anything but it was an "up and down" violation.
There was a ex ref already saying that it wasn't a travel and was a bad call nice try tho.

Javie is full of ****. First of all, that "delayed gather" leaves it up to the ref every time. Secondly, Wade took 3 steps after his last dribble. One step forward and two steps back (jump-step). Once he set both feet for the 3, it was a travel, even without the awkward delay in his step.

What did Javie have to say about Wade's elbow to Stephenson?

I don't think that flopping is accepted by most fans. I think this was one of the main reasons that Blake Griffin started getting a lot of hate.

Everyone loved him his first year and then last year we see this guy with a Hulk-like physique falling all over the floor with minimal contact.

Also, like someone mentioned before, all the people that I know that don't mind flopping are either girls or they have not played a lot of basketball in their lives. This may be a coincidence, but it's something I've noticed.

If you don't mind flopping you probably have played nothing but rec basketball your whole life, shoot around wearing Dre Beats and play pickup games wearing the complete Nike Pro Combat set from head to toe with matching elite socks, LeBron's and Power Balance bracelets on both wrists. And your favorite sports teams more than likely include the Yankees, Cowboys and Heat.

I don't think that flopping is accepted by most fans. I think this was one of the main reasons that Blake Griffin started getting a lot of hate.

Everyone loved him his first year and then last year we see this guy with a Hulk-like physique falling all over the floor with minimal contact.

Also, like someone mentioned before, all the people that I know that don't mind flopping are either girls or they have not played a lot of basketball in their lives. This may be a coincidence, but it's something I've noticed.

If you don't mind flopping you probably have played nothing but rec basketball your whole life, shoot around wearing Dre Beats and play pickup games wearing the complete Nike Pro Combat set from head to toe with matching elite socks, LeBron's and Power Balance bracelets on both wrists. And your favorite sports teams more than likely include the Yankees, Cowboys and Heat.

Damn you went in

Honestly i was taught to flop as a kid but damn its getting ridiculous now

And bought a customized jersey of you "my player" in 2k

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Damn you went in

Honestly i was taught to flop as a kid but damn its getting ridiculous now
word they teach kids how to flop? it's part of basketball like that now 
indifferent.gif

I dislike it cuz it interferes with the flow of the game, and puts fouls on players doing legitimate plays. 

Listening to Lebatard show and SVG saying more Joel on Hibbert. How well did he do on Hibbert? Joel is like 6'8
Joel is a worse rebounder than Andrea Bargnani.

Only ONE Miami Heat player had more than 2 defensive rebounds in game 4.

It just doesn't seem like a good idea to add another poor rebounder to the rotation when they really need rebounds.

Hibbert's offensive boards in game 4 generated 11 points for Indy, those last 2 he got led to 5 points which were backbreaking for Miami.

On top of that he's 6 inches shorter & 35 pounds lighter than Hibbert. He can't check him consistently or keep him of the glass

There have to be a few of us out there who really don't care about players flopping. I mean, EVERYONE who plays in the NBA is guilty of it. Also, just because the NBA was very physical in the 80s & 90s doesn't mean the players weren't adverse to embellishing calls. This age of social media has put every aspect of NBA play under the microscope.
Flopping and embellishing calls has been going on for the longest time. As it's been pointed out, it's PART of the NBA. Doesn't take away anything from the game.
This is essentially the same stance a few people took when the steroids epidemic in baseball was brought to the forefront. Don't know if you were one of those folks but your words reminded me of that type of justification.

*shrugs*
I honestly think its too late now, this has been going on for more than a decade, you cant do anything about it now. If they wanted to nip it, they should have done it in 2003. Its become engrained in playing defense, you remove it then comes lack of offensive foul calls because of refs not wanting to reward flopping. Drawing charges will fade out along with it as well because of how closely related drawing a charge is to flopping in terms of looks.
A Spurs fan not believing something could be done about flopping? I'm shocked.

Last edited:
Javie is full of ****. First of all, that "delayed gather" leaves it up to the ref every time. Secondly, Wade took 3 steps after his last dribble. One step forward and two steps back (jump-step). Once he set both feet for the 3, it was a travel, even without the awkward delay in his step.

What did Javie have to say about Wade's elbow to Stephenson?
So your inferring you know the rules more then a person who reffed in the league before?

Last edited:
You know how Centers and the mid-range jump shot are a dying breed? Well Flopping is an infectious disease that's taken over the community as well.

The evolution of basketball - awesome.

Imagine the game 30 years from now.

Wades stepback was technically legal. It looked odd because it was executed maaaaaaad slow. He only took 3 steps total: left foot forward while taking first dribble, then 2 steps back after picking up dribble. Had the step back been quicker it would be clear that it was legal.

Last edited:
There have to be a few of us out there who really don't care about posters trolling. I mean, EVERYONE who posts in S&T is guilty of it. Also, just because S&T was very unbiased and more knowledgable in the early 00's doesn't mean the posters weren't adverse to embellishing their opinions.

Trolling and embellishing opinions has been going on for the longest time. As it's been pointed out, it's PART of the S&T. Doesn't take away anything from the forum.

Embellishing and being biased comes with being a sports fan sometimes, dudes gonna bend the truth to get the point across.

But flat out trolling is :smh:

"Lebron is overrated and boring to watch"

"Kobe is overrated"

Etc....

^that went wayyyy over your head bro :lol:

But at the same time you helped prove his point and uoeno

Last edited:
There have to be a few of us out there who really don't care about posters trolling. I mean, EVERYONE who posts in S&T is guilty of it. Also, just because S&T was very unbiased and more knowledgable in the early 00's doesn't mean the posters weren't adverse to embellishing their opinions.

Trolling and embellishing opinions has been going on for the longest time. As it's been pointed out, it's PART of the S&T. Doesn't take away anything from the forum.
False but continue

This forum is actually pretty civilized when it comes to that.

Go visit Insidehoops.com. Now THAT is pure trolling. The vast majority of posts on that forum is like one giant contest to outtroll each other. Supposedly, it's the biggest basketball forum on the Internet, but I don't know how anyone who wants to discuss basketball can be a member there. Give me NT any day of the week. The mods here have authority and people generally don't step over the line.

Last edited:
that went over some heads :lol:

to put things in perspective, The fight against evil has been around and had it's fierce detractors for half a century

Red Auerbach trying to get flopping out of the game^ really interesting. Kind of doubt NBA TV shows something like that again :lol:

Just throwing this out there... but saying Lebron's two star teammates need to step it up or play better isn't the same thing as saying "OMG LEBRON NEEDS KYRIE AND DWIGHT AND DURANT AND MORE HELP"

Nor is it "white knighting" and being a stan.

All that means most of the time is "Lebron's teammates need to play better" :lol:

If you want to drum up some complaint about how other stars get the total blame even if the rest of the team plays bad yet Lebron gets no criticism, then go right ahead. Except you don't realize you are the criticism for Lebron, so it does exist :lol: Just because the media might not be screaming about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Logic overload.

tumblr_inline_mgny4ynxVO1r29lcx.gif

DubA169

Smh the refs should have had this under wraps long before todays games..

Flopping would be dead and gone by now..

But like he said, coaches are TEACHING the players how to execute these tactics..

So variations of these tactics will keep coming..Sad but true..Just look at todays games...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom