Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly the nba is reviewing some calls from last game mostly the 24 shot clock which wad obvious and to see if David wests foul on wade Is going to be upgraded to a flagrant.

Dont get what the shot clock thing is going to do at this point. Just gonna put the refs on blast that they missed the cal which everyone already knows they did anyways. And as for the West thing, I dont think that should be upgraded. But I can see why they would with how Wade hit Stephenson in the head already this season. 

Wooooooow didn't see that Lebron/West flop :rofl: Lebron looked like he got hit with a roundhouse kick, and West was all "I'M FLOPPING TOO!"

Indy got screwed on Shot Clock violation when the ball obviously hit the rim. That was a 4 point swing that couldve cost the Pacers the game.

If you wanna go there, they called a bogus offensive foul on bron 80 feet away from the basket which gave the pacers the last shot of the 3rd when lance hit that rainbow 3.....

Call it both ways.

the talk of Dwayne being done is laughable.

dude was 1 of 4 players this year to score 20 ppg on 50% shooting. that doesn't happen accidentally.

the knee is nothing that requires surgery, however he is quite dinged up and it shows.

however, you can't hate on dude and remember the bad while forgetting the good plays he's made.

Dude has had plenty of explosive plays in EACH round of this years playoffs

and still has the ability to hit that little floater in the lane and at an angle off the glass.

if anyone needs to step up, its Chris Bosh.

there is no way a player of his caliber should be averaging 3 rebounds a game.

dude doesn't even ATTEMPT to rebound half the time and it is extremely disappointing. 

David West and Roy Hibbert will continue to eat,

but anyone watching that game knew that Indiana got a ton of lucky bounces.

I will also live with Lance Stephenson being a primary offensive weapon every day of the week.

The call on Lebron (offensive) and Dwayne (travel) were correct.

if you don't want the call made, don't put yourself in the position for it to be made.

i don't think inserting Rashard or JJ will do any good, as they are both liabilities on defense.

but MAYBE they can hit the open shots that Ray and Shane haven't.

if not, yank them and resume business as usual with the usual rotations. it's not that difficult.

There have to be a few of us out there who really don't care about players flopping. I mean, EVERYONE who plays in the NBA is guilty of it. Also, just because the NBA was very physical in the 80s & 90s doesn't mean the players weren't adverse to embellishing calls. This age of social media has put every aspect of NBA play under the microscope.

*Knicks fans...would you welcome Tyreke Evans on your team at the expense of Iman Shumpert?

There have to be a few of us out there who really don't care about players flopping. I mean, EVERYONE who plays in the NBA is guilty of it. Also, just because the NBA was very physical in the 80s & 90s doesn't mean the players weren't adverse to embellishing calls. This age of social media has put every aspect of NBA play under the microscope.

That still doesn't excuse it. This **** is getting outta hand now. I'm not even talking about one player or one team, it's the whole league. It takes away from the game and it's flat out a punk move. The fining system hasn't really worked either cuz refs are still falling for it. As long as the refs fall for it dudes are gonna flop and act like they just got shot with a 12 gauge when they get touched.

nba-2012-2013-season-thread/83010#post_18000175"]
During Wade's "stepback" he is holding the ball with 2 hands and both feet are in the air. Is that really a step or a jump? It was not that he took too many steps or anything but it was an "up and down" violation.[/quote] Up and down is not a call
IE Pro Hop, even if that was a call they wouldn't catch that small of a hop

Joins the Quincy Pondexter fan club

My opinion on the subject wont mean much since my team has a "notorious flopper" on it, but I'm not bothered by flopping. I've said it like a dozen times already but its a legitimate basketball play at this point and until they learn to police it properly its here to stay so I wont waste energy being concerned about it. Not to mention every team has at least one guy whos doing it, again legitimate basketball play.

Last edited:
Dont refs get training on flopping though? Like why doesnt the NBA give em a training session or at least video, "here's how to spot a flop."

The flopping/acting isnt any better. It's worse actually and refs still can't catch on. The fines don't work bc it doesnt affect game outcomes. Give the refs better training during the offseason so they can spot them better and then give Technicals during the game for flopping and see how that works.

Last edited:
If this is the play i think it is, he didn't flop. This was in the first quarter towards the end of the 11-0 run, Lebron was going back up after collecting his rebound and west had his arm clamped. The fall was legit.

For those of you who don't mind flopping, can you hoop yourself? I play ball and I play with integrity and dignity If I'm in a competitive game and someone flops on me, thats the same as lying on me. You're implying that I did something that I didn't do. I dont want that done to me and I surely wouldn't do it to someone else. It makes players look so weak and desperate imo.

There's a difference between selling an actual foul and outright lying/acting in attempt to get a free call. Dirty players like KG have sneaky tactics that go unnoticed by the refs. I'm totally understanding of making it known if you feel that he's getting an unfair advantage. But the chris paul on demarcus cousins style flops are whats wrong with the game. 100% lying on another man.

Last edited:
Dont refs get training on flopping though? Like why doesnt the NBA give em a training session or at least video, "here's how to spot a flop."

The flopping/acting isnt any better. It's worse actually and refs still can't catch on. The fines don't work bc it doesnt affect game outcomes. Give the refs better training during the offseason so they can spot them better and then give Technicals during the game for flopping and see how that works.

At game speed its very difficult finding flops we have the priviliedge of seeing it through many angles and slow mo my dude

That still doesn't excuse it. This **** is getting outta hand now. I'm not even talking about one player or one team, it's the whole league. It takes away from the game and it's flat out a punk move. The fining system hasn't really worked either cuz refs are still falling for it. As long as the refs fall for it dudes are gonna flop and act like they just got shot with a 12 gauge when they get touched.

it seems like they don't even enforce these flopping fines :lol:

i can only recall a handful of guys getting fined, reggie evans and tony allen come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom