Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy Gay is who he is.

And you won't be a great team with him as your best player.

Basketball purgatory.

Ain't defending that at all. Not in the slightest. He's absolutely overpaid, and he shouldn't be the best player on his team.

But there are still nice pieces in Toronto, and since you HAVE to have a certain % of the cap used, and no one wants to come to Toronto to play, that's the hand they are dealt.

And don't give me this whole "Toronto is a great city," jazz. I'm not debating that either. But who was the last free agent that went to Toronto?

Ain't defending that at all. Not in the slightest. He's absolutely overpaid, and he shouldn't be the best player on his team.

But there are still nice pieces in Toronto, and since you HAVE to have a certain % of the cap used, and no one wants to come to Toronto to play, that's the hand they are dealt.

And don't give me this whole "Toronto is a great city," jazz. I'm not debating that either. But who was the last free agent that went to Toronto?

(imo) Its not that players don't want to come to Toronto. Its that players don't want to play for the Raptors - a team that has only won 1 playoff series in its history. Winning would solve this problem.

(imo) Its not that players don't want to come to Toronto. Its that players don't want to play for the Raptors - a team that has only won 1 playoff series in its history. Winning would solve this problem.

It's one in the same. Same reason why people wouldn't go to LAC.

Jay Bilas // @JayBilas:

Not often is Hall of Famer George Gervin asked to take a photo of Kevin Durant. The Bilastrator is there. pic.twitter.com/47TVQKmfvY

:nerd:

Last edited:
That guys really staring into his phone like he's not standing next to Kevin Durant........

Rudy Gay is who he is.

And you won't be a great team with him as your best player.

Basketball purgatory.
This...if he's the best player on your team the ceiling is a 7th or 8th seed and a first round exit...but dudes trippin on here talking bout amir johnson and jonas the best player on the team and Rudy and everybody else sucks :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone said that him being the best player on your team would mean success. But, having him as your 2nd/3rd option would be good. Matter of fact, Rudy was our 1st option last year and we tied for the 3rd seed so.....

I still wanted him as our 2nd or 3rd option over Zbo. Rudy was not going to shoot 39-40% for the rest of his life :lol: . His % is back up to normal the last two months.

Zbo better step his *** up in the playoffs because his last few months have been terrible. I'm still kinda pissed that we couldn't have a core of Conley, Gay and Marc with them all being around the same age, then add to that.

And of course OKB isn't going to look at the good. He know damn well he was having a better shooting year (well below his career numbers). His career numbers are 18/6/2/1.5/1 on 45/34/78 with 15 shots. He's been playing good basketball in March and April, specifically the last 10 games or so.

The month of April: 20ppg (15 shots), 6rpg, 3apg, 2spg, 1bpg on 48/47/79.
The month of March: 18ppg (16 shots), 6rpg, 3apg, 1spg, 1bpg on 43/29/90 (this was the month he was hurt)

This is better than every month he had as a Grizz this season due to the poor offensive structure the team had with spacing. He was adjusting to a new team and this is the perfect offense for him to be in. TS% has went up as well. And the team was 16-16 with him, when they were piss poor without him? I bet its going to really hurt your feelings that he will be an all star next year too :lol:

Last edited:
How insane would it be if the Knicks emerged from the East. Make it happen Melo.
pimp.gif
 my 4th favourite player...Melo is too smooth and quite the real deal on offense...Defensively, I don't think he tries; otherwise, if he played defense, it'd be him and Lebron competing for MVP

So many things wrong with that KD picture :lol: :lol: :smh:

I also like the new goaltending rule for next season... The goaltending calls now are always so inconsistent.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone said that him being the best player on your team would mean success. But, having him as your 2nd/3rd option would be good. Matter of fact, Rudy was our 1st option last year and we tied for the 3rd seed so.....

I still wanted him as our 2nd or 3rd option over Zbo. Rudy was not going to shoot 39-40% for the rest of his life :lol: . His % is back up to normal the last two months.

Zbo better step his *** up in the playoffs because his last few months have been terrible. I'm still kinda pissed that we couldn't have a core of Conley, Gay and Marc with them all being around the same age, then add to that.

And of course OKB isn't going to look at the good. He know damn well he was having a better shooting year (well below his career numbers). His career numbers are 18/6/2/1.5/1 on 45/34/78 with 15 shots. He's been playing good basketball in March and April, specifically the last 10 games or so.

The month of April: 20ppg (15 shots), 6rpg, 3apg, 2spg, 1bpg on 48/47/79.
The month of March: 18ppg (16 shots), 6rpg, 3apg, 1spg, 1bpg on 43/29/90 (this was the month he was hurt)

This is better than every month he had as a Grizz this season due to the poor offensive structure the team had with spacing. He was adjusting to a new team and this is the perfect offense for him to be in. TS% has went up as well. And the team was 16-16 with him, when they were piss poor without him? I bet its going to really hurt your feelings that he will be an all star next year too :lol:

You are delusional.

The team is the same with and without him, they lost a whole bunch of coin flip games early in the year and then people got inured, they aren't better. and your team is better without him.

You lost in the first round dude, because he's a bum.

Dude THEY DEALT THEMSELVES THAT HAND.

Rudy Gay stinks, I watch him play he completely sucks.

Player A: PER36min PPG: 17.9 REB%: 9.5, AST%: 9.7 TOV% 12.0

Player B: PER36min PPG: 18.0 REB%: 9.4, AST%: 7.1 TOV% 10.5

Player B is Andrea Bargnani, player A is Rudy Gay.

Last edited:
Carmelo wins the "scoring title" meanwhile, Kevin Durant had in my mind the greatest perimeter scoring season in the history of basketball, I hope everyone understands that.

Carmelo wins the "scoring title" meanwhile, Kevin Durant had in my mind the greatest perimeter scoring season in the history of basketball, I hope everyone understands that.
It all means nothing if you don't win the scoring title, though. Failure. OKC should pack up and head home now.

mean.gif
mean.gif

The man who inspired me to ball, he made it look too effortless which was scary cause what if he actually tried and practiced? 

The spurs though, ugh 
sick.gif

But not gonna lie, he look good in a spurs uniform 
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

SAS/HOU if we lose, at least I get to see Tmac out of the first round. And if we win 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom