Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: @ the Tracy McGrady jokes.

That's nuts. That is literally the last name I'd expect to join the Spurs.

You coulda told me that Jordan was signing with the Spurs. Dirk too. Or Wilt Chamberlain.

I'd believe all three woulda signed there before Tracy. :lol:

Stephon and Steve Francis next?

Wild.

The Heat should sign Shaq. Let him gravy train to a 5th ring.

Clippers already have Grant Hill, so we're good on players who used to be great in the 90s.

Last edited:
Did anybody talk about Carlisle ripping into OJ in the press conference last night? :rofl:

Oh it was absolutely clear at the end of the game.

OJ turned it over when he tried to go on a three-on-one fast-break favoring the Grizzlies, and Bayless picked his pocket.

Rick Carlisle stormed onto the court as the Mavs dribbled it up court and yelled at OJ and afterwards mouthed "For ***** sake."

There's been a lot of anger recently shown from the coaching staff at both OJ Mayo and Brandan Wright.

Wright visibly too on the court with the players. Dirk, Vince, and others have constantly chastised him for not knowing where to be when setting screens, not boxing out, not having good defensive positioning.

For as poor as our PG play has been, OJ has gotten a pass for almost the entire year. And that's not fair to Darren Collison. Darren has played far better than OJ for the duration of the year, but since OJ is the big name, he has gotten the benefit of the doubt.

OJ's drive this year died when Dirk came back. He became passive.

The guards just have had a terrible time this year getting guys shots. It's a shame considering how well both Darren and OJ started.

With that said, it goes to show how much I really miss Jason Kidd.

Yes, he was old. He wasn't a great scorer. But he got guys involved. He made everyone happy.

And for as good as he can be when he hits his stride, I'd rather have a guy like Caron Butler back, rather than OJ Mayo. Hell, send Josh Howard back to Dallas, at least he was consistent with his jumpshot and didn't turn the ball over by looking at the basketball.

Last edited:
^^^ How long is OJ's deal with the Mavs? Is he a FA again at the end of the season?

Or... has he been on their roster all season?
Have you not paid any attention to the NBA this year? :lol:

He's playoff eligible because he wasn't on an NBA roster after the March 1 deadline. (He hasn't been in the L at all this year)
Personal foul! Mod on mod crime!

:lol:

Ska, any chance you seen the WNBA jokes on NT Twitter last night? :nerd:

Plan B pill listed as banned substance might have been the death of me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Search those out if you ain't seen em.

Hey, Anti, I just remembered something you said on here the other day that cracked me up and I don't want to go and search for it.

Dudes was saying "Spurs don't want to see this team" and "Spurs aint trying to see that team", and you came through like "Damn, we don't want to see the Clippers. We don't want to see the Lakers. We don't want to see the Grizzlies. We don't want to see the Thunder. Who do we want to see?
nerd.gif
"

iLoled
Lol I do remember that. It really feels like every playoff team was mentioned that day. Ridiculous

T-Mac really should have signed with The Heat.. that's the only real way we can tell if he's truly cursed or not.

^^^ How long is OJ's deal with the Mavs? Is he a FA again at the end of the season?

Well he has a player option so i'm sure he's going to opt out this summer.

He was going to make a lot of money this summer too :smh: then homie's lack of confidence bled through again once dirk came back smh

Well he has a player option so i'm sure he's going to opt out this summer.

If he does opt out, I wouldn't mind the Clippers taking a look at him as a possible option to replace Billups next season, provided he can be signed for a reasonable price. Maybe its wishful thinking, but I feel like playing with CP3 could help OJ find the consistency he's been lacking in his career so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom