Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes maybe now but he said if they had Rondo they would have had a ring by now.. Martin wasnt on the team last season..
Harden would've been that solid sg. Plus rondo wouldve made ibaka and perkens factors offensively through his sheer pg intangibles. The very best game I e ever seen Okc play was last year in that regular season game when the beat the heat. They showed such crisp ball movement and Durant (like he always does) got his within the flow of the offense.

Well , Im never a fan of staying stationary with the last possession dribbling 10+ seconds off the clock on the top of the key giving a team like the spurs enough time to set up defensively. That falls on the coaching staff not having better set plays for that game situation. I was just saying in general that a 1/3 of the shot attempts Russ takes should be converted to easier opportunities for the 3x SCORING CHAMP on his team.

Although I partly disagree with that (A full 1/3 of his shot attempts, really?), that wasn't the conversation I was having at all :lol:

Last edited:
Funny thing is...........................

Rondo makes less than Westbrook.
Celtics got a bargain and a half when he agreed to that extension. He's underpaid like ****.

Speaking of Rondo...

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Yes maybe now but he said if they had Rondo they would have had a ring by now.. Martin wasnt on the team last season..
Harden would've been that solid sg. Plus rondo wouldve made ibaka and perkens factors offensively through his sheer pg intangibles. The very best game I e ever seen Okc play was last year in that regular season game when the beat the heat. They showed such crisp ball movement and Durant (like he always does) got his within the flow of the offense.
Jesus can't make Perkins an offensive option. And Serge, took all jumpers today and missed them. They were good shots though, can't blame that on the pg. Tomorrow he might make all of them. Perk actually set some type of weird record last yr in the playoffs for players with such low usage turning the ball over (traveling or fumbling out of bounds, not even counting front ironing 2 ft hooks) on 33% of his possessions.

Brooks just insists on playing him major minutes. Thabeet didn't light the world on fire tonight, but he outplayed Perk. Again, Brooks just doesn't like change. Almost half our lineup wasn't hre last yr, Brooks still just played all the same guys sans for Martin taking Harden's minutes, No PJ3 or Lamb, no Reggie Jackson, no DeAndre Liggins who we signed specifically to be a perimeter defender and hustler for us as that's how he got the 15th spot, no Daniel Orton who sucks IMO but he's another big body, just 27 minutes of Perk doing nothing and getting praised for it somehow

your right, that slipped my mind.

I disagree, but whatever.
So are you saying rather than go one on one against TP, you would have gave the ball to Durant in that set?
If you are...I don't even know what to say :lol: the same guy who can't even run a good route against teams (At least on that last possession) and is going to have the ball beyond the 3 with less than 5 seconds on the clock, you want it in his hands? Aight.
Now if he was getting the ball at 15, or 15 ft extended with 8 to 10 seconds left this would be a different story. Of course, this hardly happens because he can't hold his position well at all and it was evident tonight.

Yes...I give the ball to my best player at the end of the game. What is so hard to understand about that?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8582397

Can you please show me where KD was "pushed" to the 3 point line?

I see him coming off a screen untouched until Leonard makes a play on the ball

You keep talking about "holding his position" and getting pushed using other games to support your argument...when that's not at all what happened on that last possession. Nobody touched him before Leonard stole the ball

Last edited:
Although I partly disagree with that (A full 1/3 of his shot attempts, really?), that wasn't the conversation I was having at all :lol:
Lol. I know. At the end of the day, Okc is still an extremely talented team and they just gotta evolve from the hero ball mentality and take the next step cohessively as a team.

Yes...I give the ball to my best player at the end of the game. What is so hard to understand about that?
You keep talking about "holding his position" and getting pushed using other games to support your argument...when that's not at all what happened on that last possession. Nobody touched him before Leonard stole the ball

His whole career he's been pushed off his routes. Several times tonight he tried to get the ball at the free throw line against Leonard but couldn't because he couldn't hold his position.

The finals last season clearly allude to this...Or maybe i'm the only one that saw it.

And in regards to that last possession, where was he going to catch the ball at? And how much time was going to be on the clock once he got it?

Westbrook passed the ball towards Durant's left hand when it should have been passed to Durant's right side.

Terrible read.

His whole career he's been pushed off his routes. Several times tonight he tried to get the ball at the free throw line against Leonard but couldn't because he couldn't hold his position.
The finals last season clearly allude to this...Or maybe i'm the only one that saw it.
And in regards to that last possession, where was he going to catch the ball at? And how much time was going to be on the clock once he got it?

I'm starting to wonder did you actually watch that last possesion.

Nobody touched him on that last play.

The play took too long to develop in general...he would have about 4 seconds to get a shot off. And again...I'll take my 7 foot shooter who is the best player and best shooter on the team taking ANY shot over my 6 for 21 point guard who couldn't even finish at the rim tonight where he usually eats.

Where's the "push"?

Westbrook passed the ball towards Durant's left hand when it should have been passed to Durant's right side.

Terrible read.
BS! Any other offensive player in the NBA makes that catch and squeezes elbows wide, Leonard doesn't get the steal or at best gets called for a reaching foul. And like someone else is pointing out, even if Durant makes that catch cleanly, he is at the 3pt line coming away from the basket with 4 seconds left on the clock

Jesus can't make Perkins an offensive option. And Serge, took all jumpers today and missed them. They were good shots though, can't blame that on the pg. Tomorrow he might make all of them. Perk actually set some type of weird record last yr in the playoffs for players with such low usage turning the ball over (traveling or fumbling out of bounds, not even counting front ironing 2 ft hooks) on 33% of his possessions.
Brooks just insists on playing him major minutes. Thabeet didn't light the world on fire tonight, but he outplayed Perk. Again, Brooks just doesn't like change. Almost half our lineup wasn't hre last yr, Brooks still just played all the same guys sans for Martin taking Harden's minutes, No PJ3 or Lamb, no Reggie Jackson, no DeAndre Liggins who we signed specifically to be a perimeter defender and hustler for us as that's how he got the 15th spot, no Daniel Orton who sucks IMO but he's another big body, just 27 minutes of Perk doing nothing and getting praised for it somehow
Smh. If I can recall , Perkins was his most effective self an boring the defense and getting easy lay- up opportunities paired with rondo. Add in a way more athletic and mildly better offensively pf in ibaka with rondos court awareness and I'm sure Okc wouldn't be too reliant on outside shots and would put more pressure and draw fouls on the opposing interior defense. Oh, wait, the bearded one Lived in the paint penetrating , drawing fouls and double teams.

Perkins was healthy then too. He hasn't been healthy since we got him, and now he looks like he doesn't even meat no more and something. Which you'd think losing weight would make him more mobile and athletic but somehow it hasn't. Rondo would find Ibaka running the floor more though I agree, but he was on the perimeter all game tonight, by design it appeared. He's going be even shooting 3s this yr out the corner

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder did you actually watch that last possesion.
Nobody touched him on that last play.
The play took too long to develop in general...he would have about 4 seconds to get a shot off. And again...I'll take my 7 foot shooter who is the best player and best shooter on the team taking ANY shot over my 6 for 21 point guard who couldn't even finish at the rim tonight where he usually eats.

Where's the "push"?

My dude, maybe not a "literal" push but look where he's getting the ball...Look at it. That's a better option than your other cornerstone player, westbrook against Tony Parker?

I'll take my chances with the three time scoring champ.

And why is Perkins even in the game at that point? Collison should have been in there to set the screen.

My dude, maybe not a "literal" push but look where he's getting the ball...Look at it. That's a better option than your other cornerstone player, westbrook against Tony Parker?

Clearly that's what the play called for. If not...than what the hell were they running it for?

And for the 5th time...yes...I give the ball to my BEST PLAYER at the end of the game in any situation

Clearly that's what the play called for. If not...than what the hell were they running it for?
And for the 5th time...yes...I give the ball to my BEST PLAYER at the end of the game in any situation

1) That's a bad play then.

2) that's some bad logic.

I can't deal with this :lol: i'm out.

But what if your best player can't hold position, which is another elementary fundamental he (and this whole team) sucks at despite being an NBA finalist? Holding your defender behind you should be the easiest thing to do. If he's cheating around your left side, step left and he's still fully behind you. Nobody else in the league gets the ball poked away so often so easily when they are posting up. Stick one arm in his chest

I would've run Durant and Westbrook pick and roll, with sometimes inverting making KD the ball handler. And they only ran it twice and got a score once and a foul the other time, but the play where Harden (Martin in this case) handle up to KD fake posts up then Russ comes and screens for him to come right to the ft line. We killed SA with that last playoffs, kept forcing a mismatch with TP having to switch on KD.

We didn't get enough fast break points either for being so much more athletic. And Nick and Serge were too perimeter (1-4 and 2-6 on midrange shots, disrespectively, Russ was 1-10)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom