Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobcats didnt even have that game on ESPN, they got it because the NBA changed it to watch the Heat :smh:

it was supposed to be a Pacers game i think.

Nah, people would rather watch Bosh, Norris Cole, Rashard Lewis and Shane Battier play the Bobcats

the Pacers are playing the Thunder too :smh:

The heat are doing whats best for their team by resting the stars. who cares about the bobcat fans or any other fan base. 
David Stern did when he fined the Spurs using this very logic. A "disservice to the fans" he called it if I remember correctly. The fans dont come to see the stars not play, and hiding behind the crutch of "notifying people in advance" does little to nothing to change the fact that players are being sat when we all know damn well that if the streak was alive they would be out there. We sat players on a four games in five days trip, the fact that its early in the seasn is irrelevant, 4 games in 5 days is hard on any team and they should be obligated to take a game off if they so choose.

inb4 I'm mad or something.

Last edited:
i2hk9FOvViCOJ.gif

I'm sure the Heat and Bobcats are on National TV Friday cause ESPN jumped the gun on the Heat streak. I don't understand why they can't or won't change it though

More Miami Heat games go national even with streak over

The Miami Heat's winning streak is over. But because it lasted as long as it did, 27 games, you'll see more Miami action on TV than originally scheduled -- and it will exceed the NBA's normal limits on national TV appearances.

ESPN had already scheduled for Miami its maximum 10 appearances – the limit for any team – and ABC had scheduled its limit of five Heat games before the streak started.

Wednesday, before the Chicago Bulls ended the Heat streak, the NBA agreed to let ESPN add Miami's April 5 game at the Charlotte Bobcats and April 6 game hosting the Philadelphia 76ers.

To protect local TV ratings, that ESPN coverage came with a twist -- blacked out in teams' home TV markets.

That's a good idea. Setting aside limits on team appearances, in any sport, can be helpful in special circumstances – as when Jeremy Lin unexpectedly made the New York Knicks a national attraction, at least briefly, last season.

Even with the streak ended, ESPN can't feel too bad about adding the Heat games. Its Miami game ratings so far this season are about 29% higher than its other NBA games, and 32% higher on ABC.

And Wednesday's Heat game in Chicago was quite a draw. It drew a 3.0 overnight rating – meaning 3% of households in the 56 urban markets measured for overnights were watching. That's up 100% from comparable coverage of a Knicks-76ers game last season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...spn-abc-nba-miami-heat-chicago-bulls/2029099/

The heat are doing whats best for their team by resting the stars. who cares about the bobcat fans or any other fan base. 
David Stern did when he fined the Spurs using this very logic. A "disservice to the fans" he called it if I remember correctly. The fans dont come to see the stars not play, and hiding behind the crutch of "notifying people in advance" does little to nothing to change the fact that players are being sat when we all know damn well that if the streak was alive they would be out there. We sat players on a four games in five days trip, the fact that its early in the seasn is irrelevant, 4 games in 5 days is hard on any team and they should be obligated to take a game off if they so choose.

inb4 I'm mad or something.
wow why are you always so mad all the time, stop riding DBD bro

but seriously... i agree that the spurs should not have been fined, the goal of these teams is to win a championship so its dumb to fine them for doing what they think will put themselves in a better position to win a championship

JaVale McGee and Mom Pamela Finally Get Reality Series 'Millionaire Mama's Boy'

aVale McGee and his mother Pamela are getting their very own reality-TV series, as if they hadn't done enough to entertain basketball fans already.

The Hollywood Reporter reports on a new slate of programming from Oprah Winfrey's OWN Network, including a show that should interest every last NBA fan out there.

Millionaire Mama's Boy follows the relationship between former WNBA basketball star Pamela McGee and her 25-year-old son, Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee.

There is already so much reality-TV flotsam filling the air at the moment, it was only a matter of time before we happened upon a series that really matters, one that will change the very fabric of television history.

Or it will just make us chuckle a few times every week. Either way, I am throwing every last chip on the table, because I am all in on this one.

If you are wondering what kind of show we are in for, I would imagine it will be a fine mix of Pamela McGee dishing out intense stares and the Nuggets star going the wrong way on the court, all figuratively speaking of course.

For those uninitiated, Pamela won two NCAA championships when she played for USC before playing in the WNBA for two seasons.

Now she can be seen at many of her son's Nuggets games either cheering wildly or staring with fierce passion.

Most fans know JaVale as the big man who features heavily in the popular Shaquille O'Neal blooper reel entitled, "Shaqtin' a Fool."

If not, some of the best are below.

Pamela told Mike Wise of The Washington Post in January of 2012 that JaVale is "not a knucklehead" and that he's "the future of the NBA."

Now, I tread carefully when talking about Pamela because, as Deadspin showed, she can prove quite menacing, even from the stands.

If you want a serious look at Pamela and her role in JaVale's life, a 2012 Denver CBS report did a great job of summing things up:

Mother and son are still inseparable. She taught him everything he knows on the court. She knows her stuff — she’s a coach. But ever since JaVale entered the NBA she’s enjoyed her time as a mom.

JaVale joked that he takes care of his “humble abode.”

“I clean. I clean the floors, I clean the dishes, I make your bed up, I wash the clothes,” Pamela told JaVale while laughing.

Mom has been there every step of the way, raising her son and teaching him all about the game of basketball. Along the way, we have been fortunate to experience their hilarious and electric personalities.

This show can't get here soon enough.

wasnt that two years ago though?
laugh.gif

Yeah.

That was the 2011 season, particular during the playoff when Kobe was playing on one knee and one ankle. He was hurt and had to play through it. The Mavs took advantage of that and all of sudden guys like Marion, JKidd, JT were dubbed as "Kobe stoppers" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom