Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Marino is the most popular ever. Greatest is subjective. They both won an MVP. But Griece won 2 rings I'd say he's "greater" but football is also the ultimate team sport so it's harder to judge. Plus Marino was great at the height of the NFL's popularity

It's not a cookie cutter fit. Id say more times than not. If you don't win but another player does, you won't be considered the greatest of that franchise.

But then you have instances like Ted Williams who is probably the greatest red sox player ever but if you asked a sox fan, I'm not sure if they would answer differnt.

I'm not gonna tell a fan what to think. Just how I see it. I can't call Ewing the greatest knick ever even though he's the best I saw as a little kid and I like him better than melo. And if melo somehow led the Knicks to a championship, I think he would immediately jump up ladder of "greatest Knicks"

It's all subjective in the end

Twolves never won a chip dude. It's the entire crux of my argument lol.

So your argument is based on the premise that if a player wins a championship they are a greater player in that franchises history than someone who didn't?

Even if Kyrie led the Cavs to a championship, I would say Lebron is still the greatest Cav ever. He didn't win a championship but he damn sure put the city of Cleavland back on the basketball map. He won mvp awards, best team records, heck he was pumping up the economy for the city :lol:

He had a bigger impact on that city than Kyrie did/does, even if Kyrie were to win the championship for them next season

So your argument is based on the premise that if a player wins a championship they are a greater player in that franchises history than someone who didn't?

Even if Kyrie led the Cavs to a championship, I would say Lebron is still the greatest Cav ever. He didn't win a championship but he damn sure put the city of Cleavland back on the basketball map. He won mvp awards, best team records, heck he was pumping up the economy for the city :lol:

He had a bigger impact on that city than Kyrie did/does, even if Kyrie were to win the championship for them next season

If Kyrie wins a championship in Ohio? Hell yeah he'd be bigger than lebron in that city. That place hasn't won **** in any sport in how long? After the drive, the fumble, the decision? It would be monumental

Especially if they beat the heat on the way to a championship.

I think the decision to rest those guys came from up above Spo. Clearly deliberate and strategic.

Pat Riley with his 2nd chess move of the week.

Spo :pimp:

**** them Spurs and Pop for what they did last time ... i remember being mad about it

and i hope the Heat won't get fined for it :pimp:

Last edited:
^

I understand what you mean, but it doesn't always work. No professional athlete will ever mean more to Indiana than Reggie Miller. Not even P Man. Paul George could win 5 titles for us and still won't mean more to the city than Reggie.

You're a Pacer fan

:nerd:

:smokin

"Kobe Bryant reiterates to NBA.com that In all likelihoood, he will retire after next season" - NBA.Com today

frown.gif
Man I hope so!
C'Mon now.

I despise the Lakers with every fiber of my being, but I recognize and respect the greatness of Kobe Bryant.

It will be a sad day for the NBA when he does finally hang it up.

C'Mon now.

I despise the Lakers with every fiber of my being, but I recognize and respect the greatness of Kobe Bryant.

It will be a sad day for the NBA when he does finally hang it up.
A very sad day.... It will be some years before someone able to step into kobe and Jordan shoes

Yooooo did Spo just troll Greg Popovich back like that?

Hahaha, this is hilarious.

They have to meet in the Finals now.

Heat should def be fined, but not as harshly as the Spurs since they have better case.

Well Marino is the most popular ever. Greatest is subjective. They both won an MVP. But Griece won 2 rings I'd say he's "greater" but football is also the ultimate team sport so it's harder to judge. Plus Marino was great at the height of the NFL's popularity

It's not a cookie cutter fit. Id say more times than not. If you don't win but another player does, you won't be considered the greatest of that franchise.

But then you have instances like Ted Williams who is probably the greatest red sox player ever but if you asked a sox fan, I'm not sure if they would answer differnt.

I'm not gonna tell a fan what to think. Just how I see it. I can't call Ewing the greatest knick ever even though he's the best I saw as a little kid and I like him better than melo. And if melo somehow led the Knicks to a championship, I think he would immediately jump up ladder of "greatest Knicks"

It's all subjective in the end

It's not subjective, I am a Dolphins fan, its not even close. Marino >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other Dolphin.

It can be that way for any franchise depending on the players themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom