Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to Lebrons jump shot:

The proof is in the pudding, and the numbers don't lie. He's developed a more or less consistent jumper. Not at the level of curry or a durant but def better then years past. I think that's where the criticism comes in and people aren't willing to concede that's he's developed a jumper. He was such a bad shooter for so long that one year of shooting it well isn't going to change people's minds. Personally, it's going to take at least another year of lebron shooting this well for me to feel like its confidently going in when he shoots it midrange.

Got no problem with Bron takin that shot at Boozer. Sets the tone for later on down the line, Bron and Miami have never really escalated anything after big hits on their guys, Bron was letting it be known, enough of that.

Next time someone takes a shot at a Miami player, the whole team will react accordingly. Playoffs are right around the corner, Bron absolutely did the right thing. We all know, once the playoffs hit, it will get even more physical, especially when they face the Pacers/Knicks or Bulls.
Exactly the way I saw it.

kingskid.gif

Avery Bradley was hurt and so was ray Allen. Evens out enough for me to think that the celtics are their biggest threat

I gotta admit I forgot rondo was out. But they seem to be doing well without him

Either way I only think the spurs have a chance. Way too late for rose to come back. Pacers don't have the fire power. Knicks don't have the composure and health

Boston really needed Avery Bradley that series. Imagine if they even had Jeff Green to try to contain Lebron also. Boston was within minutes of doing it without them and changing the history.

Problem is tho, looking back and looking forward, that series is the closest the Celtics would have ever get. It was theirs to steal last year and they blew it.

No Rondo now, no chance. Rondo sliced up the Heat defense and was th best transition player.

You think before you post some of the stuff you post? One of the worst road teams? The Pacers play like dog **** on the road most nights and their best player is a shell of himself outside of Indiana but they're still the best shot Miami? Boston would be the worst road team in the entire playoffs and missing the cog that was probably most important pushing Miami to 7 games but they'll be a bigger test? Come on now. If you all wanna **** on the Knicks just to **** on the Knicks, I'd respect you more if you came out and said it.
plus jr has hit two game winners on the road this year.  i can only think of two lebron game winners throughout  his whole career 
laugh.gif

He's shooting 56% from the damn field and 60% of those attempts have been jump shots. He's shooting 39% on threes. I really don't know what it's gonna take to convince you guys he's developed a jump shot.

SInce his jumper is so nice now, I want to see him shoot it 5 more times a game.

I mean he's the most efficient shooter on the Heat, percentage wise it has a better chance of going in for him than anybody else. That's what the stats say.....

Thibs coaching strategy was on point last night.
I been screaming that teams should put lebron on his behind. Where's MY coach of the year award lols
yeah man just put a little extra physical force on bron bron and it's like too much for him since he usually doesn't get contested in that manner

still don't think there are many players who can be effective against him like that though (save the exaggerated reactions lebron sometimes gives)

yeah man just put a little extra physical force on bron bron and it's like too much for him since he usually doesn't get contested in that manner
I haven't seen him shy away if he's getting hit during games, so I don't understand this notion of it being "too much for him".

SInce his jumper is so nice now, I want to see him shoot it 5 more times a game.

I mean he's the most efficient shooter on the Heat, percentage wise it has a better chance of going in for him than anybody else. That's what the stats say.....

Are you seriously this dense? :lol:

He was such a bad shooter for so long that one year of shooting it well isn't going to change people's minds. Personally, it's going to take at least another year of lebron shooting this well for me to feel like its confidently going in when he shoots it midrange.
I don't know, his career avgs actually at the same level as Melo and Kobe from anywhere on the floor. How exactly does that make him a bad shooter? He's no Curry or Durant but he's still a good shooter and definitely improving.

My only thing with the whole thing is u reverse places n let booz hit lbj I guaratee lbj wouldve flopped his way to the corner 3 holding his chest like he was shot. And boozer wouldve been ejected n suspended. I commend booz for standing his ground cuz alot of guys wouldve used that as a opportunity to flop.

JJs, 

The Knicks are
2-1 vs. Miami
1-2 vs. Indiana
2-2 vs. Brooklyn
0-3 vs. Chicago
1-0 vs. Atlanta
2-1 vs. Boston
2-0 vs. Milwaukee

Appreciate it, BigJ.

I was just looking at the standings, and I think the Knicks best chance to get out of the first round is to finish as either the 2 or 3 seed (face Boston/Atlanta). Other than that, there are series, depending on where they finish, that I think could go either way (vs. Brooklyn), or they wouldn't make it out of the first round (vs. Chicago).

I don't know, his career avgs actually at the same level as Melo and Kobe from anywhere on the floor. How exactly does that make him a bad shooter? He's no Curry or Durant but he's still a good shooter and definitely improving.
As stated b4 the numbers are only gonna show u so much. The degree of difficulty on kobes shots make him the superior shooter by far. Off balance contested fadeaways like they are lay ups. And melo the man of no calls takes n makes way more difficult shots n rarely gets bailed out. Last yr against boston was lebrons turning point to me. since then he been making contested, open, difficult jumpers consistantly but 1 season won't make people believers

Damn man...west playoffs are gonna be CRAZY.

Shaping out to be the first time in years where every first round matchup is going to be must-see basketball.

[Bart] CAN'T WAIT [\Bart]

As stated b4 the numbers are only gonna show u so much. The degree of difficulty on kobes shots make him the superior shooter by far. Off balance contested fadeaways like they are lay ups. And melo the man of no calls takes n makes way more difficult shots n rarely gets bailed out. Last yr against boston was lebrons turning point to me. since then he been making contested, open, difficult jumpers consistantly but 1 season won't make people believers

^^^^ Pretty much this. In addition, there was plenty of years in Cleveland, and I believe even in the early Miami days where people felt like he resorted to his jump shot in those "clutch moments." More often then not he missed those jumpers. (Not trying to derail thread and say he wasn't clutch, just his jumper was the most unreliable part of his game at a certain point.) To me this is what has put Lebron over the top this year. He realized his jumper was mediocre and not something he could consistently use a go to move in crunch time so he improved it. Not only did he realize that, he also realized that he's 6'7 270lb machine whose chances of scoring the ball are a lot better from 2 ft out compared to 20 ft out.

I just think that it's funny that the talking heads on espn were pushing this "people want the heat to beat the streak" agenda. That "everyone loves the heat now" spin

Plenty of people still don't root for the heat. And many people wanted to see them lose badly. Media just decided that lebron and company should be loved for whatever reasom

No doubt Wiggins would be a double-digit scorer in the NBA right now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom