Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that I don't see KD being that guy that will bring rings to a franchise as a number one option. He'll give you deep playoff runs, sure. But I don't see him being "It" as far as winning championships are concerned. I'm not a physic so I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. He has stretches in games against the elite teams where he just dissapears and is pushed so far from the basket. Tonight was a prime example. He's a great talent so it wont necessarily show up on the stat sheet, but this is how I see it.
ok, you are entitled to YOUR opinion.. and if that is YOUR opinion, then hey, that's YOUR opinion.. good for you

but what i would like to know is (and what i am asking is), who in YOUR opinion do you think are the "number one" guys presently in the league?

As much as I dislike KD, if it wasn't for the Big 3 he would have this league on LOCK for the next 5-6 years.

BUT, since the Big 3 exists, OKC is to Miami as the Jazz were to the Bulls in the late 90s.

I think Russ can be THAT guy
his attitude and willingness to put it on him and not shy away from the big stage. Not scared to fail

Russ is lucky to be on the Thunder. He's usually a type of player that puts up crazy numbers on a garbage team and is a loser his entire career.

LOL at KD not being the #1 option. The only thing stopping KD from winning it all is Lebron. Just like Jordan stopped Barkley, Ewing, Reggie, Malone etc from winning anything.

Unless something crazy happens or a team pulls a Mavs, then Lebron is stopping Melo, KD, CP3, Dwight from winning one as well.

Last edited:
ok, you are entitled to YOUR opinion.. and if that is YOUR opinion, then hey, that's YOUR opinion.. good for you

but what i would like to know is (and what i am asking is), who in YOUR opinion do you think are the "number one" guys presently in the league?

Kobe, KD, CP, Lebron, Kyrie, Paul Pierce, A healthy Dwight Howard, Rondo, Melo, Tony Parker,etc. etc. there's quite a few. But In my opinion, when you start talking about how many number one guys that can actually win rings for you, that number gets very small to me.

Last edited:
Russ is lucky to be on the Thunder. He's usually a type of player that puts up crazy numbers on a garbage team and is a loser his entire career.

LOL at KD not being the #1 option. The only thing stopping KD from winning it all is Lebron. Just like Jordan stopped Barkley, Ewing, Reggie, Malone etc from winning anything.

Unless something crazy happens or a team pulls a Mavs, then Lebron is stopping Melo, KD, CP3, Dwight from winning one as well.
As much as I dislike KD, if it wasn't for the Big 3 he would have this league on LOCK for the next 5-6 years.

BUT, since the Big 3 exists, OKC is to Miami as the Jazz were to the Bulls in the late 90s.

So you guys are both saying that you don't think KD will be winning one anytime soon then right?

Man people really take this "Fan-Card" and "Bandwagon" stuff wayyy too serious :lol:

If someone wants to root for one team or one player one year and switch up the next year, who cares :lol: honestly don't see the big deal in it at all.

No one's getting checks to root for a particular team or player anyway.
Agreed! When did it become such a crime to be a fan of good basketball? People take fanhood way too seriously sometimes.

thunder should have never traded harden.

shoud have either shipped ibaka or westbrook out.

Ibaka is their best rebounder and shot blocker. Imo he is more valuable than Harden. They really had no choice though. They chose to go with size and rebound
If anyone are going to get ship in near future. It got to be either Westbrook or Perkin+ fillers for an all star center

Last edited:
ibg0m6lxJLJht.gif

:rofl:

lol time to hang it up dirk

he could have drove that to the bucket aswell

Just some random thought and to those thinking the Heat's road to the final is easy because they're in the east... Miami is 23-5 vs the west. (24-9 vs east). 2 of the losses were to Clippers and Grizzlies in November and the other losses were ones they basically gave up to T-Wolves, Warriors, and Blazers. The Heat's biggest threats to winning another title are in the eastern conference. Good defensive teams give them fits, while most of the top western teams are high-offensive teams, who Miami will flourish against.

yea ummm your wrong.

are you a heat fan? sounds like it because the east is going to be a ******g cake walk for them.

the heat would have a hard time with the top 5 west teams.

the east? a cake walk...

The people in here who think the Thunder can beat the Spurs in the playoffs, stop fooling yourself. It's not happening, not this year. The Spurs are better than they were last year, and they're young players are more experienced and polished. The Thunder are not a better team this year, not even close. They miss Harden too much.

Blame Scott Brooks all you want but maybe, just maybe, Russell Westbrook (the starting PG) shouldn't shoot 14 more shots than the purest scorer in the league. Maybe Kevin Durant needs to man up.

Way too many issues for the Thunder going forward in the playoffs, everyone wants the Thunder to run a system, how do you do that when your PG wants to shoot 20 plus shots off isolations?

Spurs got this western conference locked up.

The people in here who think the Thunder can beat the Spurs in the playoffs, stop fooling yourself. It's not happening, not this year. The Spurs are better than they were last year, and they're young players are more experienced and polished. The Thunder are not a better team this year, not even close. They miss Harden too much.

Blame Scott Brooks all you want but maybe, just maybe, Russell Westbrook (the starting PG) shouldn't shoot 14 more shots than the purest scorer in the league. Maybe Kevin Durant needs to man up.

Way too many issues for the Thunder going forward in the playoffs, everyone wants the Thunder to run a system, how do you do that when your PG wants to shoot 20 plus shots off isolations?

Spurs got this western conference locked up.

They would beat them if they still had Harden. Can't see anyone controlling the ball in the 4th quarter on that team.

Why ESPN not televising the Memphis vs LAC game on Wednesday?

Why no one talking about Monta Ellis as of late?

Why Westbrook take that many shots and Durant only took 13?

Why I feel like OKC is going to lose in the 2nd round this year?

Durant needs to get a post game; dude is a great shooter but he needs to add that to his game to draw doubles and get to the line when his shot isn't falling

Why ESPN not televising the Memphis vs LAC game on Wednesday?

Why no one talking about Monta Ellis as of late?

Why Westbrook take that many shots and Durant only took 13?

Why I feel like OKC is going to lose in the 2nd round this year?
I talk about monta after each game.... Ppl on this site don't want to give dude some respect

As far as number one options are concerned, obviously Lebron James. But I didn't say that implying that I would choose someone else over KD as much as I just don't see him bringing rings or chips to OKC. He's very young so I could be wrong, but like I said, that's how it looks like it may play out. Against the elite teams in the league I actually prefer his own teammate Russ rather than KD if i'm being honest. I know this is atypical from what everyone would say, but it comes easier for Russ, especially against the likes of the elite of the NBA. It may not show up statistically, but judging from what I see, that's my interpretation.
i actually kinda agree with this.  the finals were a good example.  the last two finals were lost not won thanks to bron and kd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom