Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see these two teams in a playoff series
eek.gif
Matt Barnes wouldn't last past game 3.... son will rack up those flagrants and T's like nothing 

Good games tonight on TNT.

Clippers and Nuggets match up great against each other too. They do so many of the same things too.

It's amazing that KD is the scoring champ considering Westbrook never passes the ball... According to you guys.

He doesn't have the best vision and decision making, but let's not get carried away. He's routinely giving the ball up to Durant in the 4th and they do great when they run the two man game.

Ya okay, that's great and all. But this is not a championship team, they took a step back. That's the point.

Not saying Westbrook doesn't pass the ball, I'm saying he doesn't know how to run a system. Big difference. Giving the ball to Durant and fading away to the corner to let him iso in the 4th quarter doesn't mean anything.

That's the system, especially in the 4th. Westbrook and KD pick and roll/iso in the middle of the floor with everyone flattened out. So if anything, that's lack of an offense on the coaches. And Brooks rotations are routinely horrendous, like say tonight trotting FIsher out there so much. It's not like we got a guy on the bench who is a prolific perimeter defender and played for this Knicks team just weeks ago. He gets bailed out by superlative talent of Westbrook, KD, and Ibaka (and formerly Harden). And don't even get me started on his stubborness with the 2 bigs lineups against Miami despite mountains of data proving that lineup doesn't work and his shirking of blame when asked why that starting lineup always gets off to double digit deficits and the Harden led bench has to bail them out.

By the way, top most frequent scorer/passer assist combo in the league, Russell Westbrook to Kevin Durant. Second most frequent assist combo in the league, Russell Westbrook to Serge Ibaka. Who you want to trade him for? Rubio? And then what do you do when teams quintuple team KD because they don't respect anyone else's ability to score?

And Russ's reputation as some type of locker room cancer is massively overblown. That said, if I had to choose between the 2, I'm firing Brooks. Give him props for the player development of those 4 guys and he is definitely a player's coach, but he has peaked and his x's and o's leave a lot to be desired. Cheap organization won't fire him, they'll just let his extension run out

And yes, the Harden move will be rued forever, especially if we never win a title and then KD leaves in 2016 and/or Russ in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom