Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the system, especially in the 4th. Westbrook and KD pick and roll/iso in the middle of the floor with everyone flattened out. So if anything, that's lack of an offense on the coaches. And Brooks rotations are routinely horrendous, like say tonight trotting FIsher out there so much. It's not like we got a guy on the bench who is a prolific perimeter defender and played for this Knicks team just weeks ago. He gets bailed out by superlative talent of Westbrook, KD, and Ibaka (and formerly Harden). And don't even get me started on his stubborness with the 2 bigs lineups against Miami despite mountains of data proving that lineup doesn't work and his shirking of blame when asked why that starting lineup always gets off to double digit deficits and the Harden led bench has to bail them out.

By the way, top most frequent scorer/passer assist combo in the league, Russell Westbrook to Kevin Durant. Second most frequent assist combo in the league, Russell Westbrook to Serge Ibaka. Who you want to trade him for? Rubio? And then what do you do when teams quintuple team KD because they don't respect anyone else's ability to score?

And Russ's reputation as some type of locker room cancer is massively overblown. That said, if I had to choose between the 2, I'm firing Brooks. Give him props for the player development of those 4 guys and he is definitely a player's coach, but he has peaked and his x's and o's leave a lot to be desired. Cheap organization won't fire him, they'll just let his extension run out

And yes, the Harden move will be rued forever, especially if we never win a title and then KD leaves in 2016 and/or Russ in 2017

Kd dwight in 2016 :pimp:

Jk

Srs

wow what strength by Lawson to not let Griffin get a shot off 
laugh.gif

If Westbrook, Harden, and Durant could have made it to the finals last year.

I have a hard time believing that Rondo, Harden, and Durant couldn't either.

It'd be better than what they have now, cause this is not a championship team.

Rondo would have actually been 100 percent committed to running an offense and do anything he could to get Harden and Durant going. But no use is arguing it, cause it'll never happened but I would have pulled the trigger instead of being stuck with this.

OKC looking like they're going down the route of the early 90's Portland Trailblazers.
Rondo playing off the ball would look terrible

It's amazing that KD is the scoring champ considering Westbrook never passes the ball... According to you guys.

He doesn't have the best vision and decision making, but let's not get carried away. He's routinely giving the ball up to Durant in the 4th and they do great when they run the two man game.

Ssshhh. They don't wanna hear this. They wanna keep it as Westbrook is a cancer who doesn't pass the ball :rolleyes

That's the system, especially in the 4th. Westbrook and KD pick and roll/iso in the middle of the floor with everyone flattened out. So if anything, that's lack of an offense on the coaches. And Brooks rotations are routinely horrendous, like say tonight trotting FIsher out there so much. It's not like we got a guy on the bench who is a prolific perimeter defender and played for this Knicks team just weeks ago. He gets bailed out by superlative talent of Westbrook, KD, and Ibaka (and formerly Harden). And don't even get me started on his stubborness with the 2 bigs lineups against Miami despite mountains of data proving that lineup doesn't work and his shirking of blame when asked why that starting lineup always gets off to double digit deficits and the Harden led bench has to bail them out.

By the way, top most frequent scorer/passer assist combo in the league, Russell Westbrook to Kevin Durant. Second most frequent assist combo in the league, Russell Westbrook to Serge Ibaka. Who you want to trade him for? Rubio? And then what do you do when teams quintuple team KD because they don't respect anyone else's ability to score?

And Russ's reputation as some type of locker room cancer is massively overblown. That said, if I had to choose between the 2, I'm firing Brooks. Give him props for the player development of those 4 guys and he is definitely a player's coach, but he has peaked and his x's and o's leave a lot to be desired. Cheap organization won't fire him, they'll just let his extension run out

And yes, the Harden move will be rued forever, especially if we never win a title and then KD leaves in 2016 and/or Russ in 2017

I don't think Russell is a locker room cancer, I didn't say he doesn't pass the ball, and I'm not saying he's not important - Im just saying he's very difficult to coach because of the type of game he has. His game makes him, at times - uncoachable. What type of coach would you expect to come in and save the day? I can sympathize with Coach Brooks because he's in a difficult position, if he run's a legit system, Russell won't be able to hold the ball and have the potential to go for 30 points, which he wouldn't like. If he doesn't run a system and continues to let Westbrook and Durant iso on there own, he'll get criticized.

Its not all Russ's fault, he's just the most difficult to solve. Durant absolutely needs to get his *** in the weight room this summer. He's been in the league coming on 6 years now and is still too frail, this dude needs to bulk up and develop a strong post game. He's 6'11, he has the footwork to do it.

DatzNasty - btw, you're from OKC right? How are the local fans reacting to Harden since he left? I know for damn sure, if something like this happened in NY or LA. People would have been holding the Front Office responsible everyday. Did the local fans get an acceptable explanation at least?

Last edited:

I don't think Russell is a locker room cancer, I didn't say he doesn't pass the ball, and I'm not saying he's not important - Im just saying he's very difficult to coach because of the type of game he has. His game makes him, at times - uncoachable. What type of coach would you expect to come in and save the day? I can sympathize with Coach Brooks because he's in a difficult position, if he run's a legit system, Russell won't be able to hold the ball and have the potential to go for 30 points, which he wouldn't like. If he doesn't run a system and continues to let Westbrook and Durant iso on there own, he'll get criticized.

Its not all Russ's fault, he's just the most difficult to solve. Durant absolutely needs to get his *** in the weight room this summer. He's been in the league coming on 6 years now and is still too frail, this dude needs to bulk up and develop a strong post game. He's 6'11, he has the footwork to do it.

DatzNasty - btw, you're from OKC right? How are the local fans reacting to Harden since he left? I know for damn sure, if something like this happened in NY or LA. People would have been holding the Front Office responsible everyday. Did the local fans get an acceptable explanation at least?

Westbrook has no problem passing to KD. Kd holding position and holding much smaller defenders like Felton behind him is more of a reason sometimes possessions designed for him go to hell that Russ just not wanting to give him the ball. He only averages 17fgas but that's misleading because he gets to the line so much then his almost 4tos a game. Westbrook has no problem for example passing to Ibaka out of pick and rolls, or finding Thabo in the corner when the defense gives that. That's a major copout for Brooks incompetence to say well if he thought of something Westbrook would sabotage it.

I'm not from OKC, I'm from Fort Sill which is 90 miles South and most of the fans here are homers. So they are convinced Kevin Martin is better than Harden and that that lottery pick we get from Toronto next season is really going to land us a useful player, as if we don't have enough rooks and sophs already rotting on the bench (including Lamb who was supposed to be the big haul in the Harden trade) rotting on the bench and bussing back and forth to Tulsa (D League). A lot of people are just so ridiculous trying to convince themselves that Harden isn't a superstar, or holding onto his poor finals as proof he isn't a max player, when ironically Kevin Martin has already disappeared worst in more regular season games and doesn't have the playoff resume to boot to offset that (like a game winner in the WCFs) to hang his hat on like James. Dude is just so easy to shut down. Only reason we maintained a comparable winning pace to last season and overall #s to last yr is KD, RUss, and Ibaka continue to improve every yr. James Harden to Kevin Martin is a mountain cliff off a downgrade

I'm mad whether we resign him or let him walk. He is going to command like 9mil this offseason and I'll be damned if he's worth that and it also puts us into the tax, but if we just let him walk and then use the MLE then that means we traded Harden for Lamb and the Toronto pick.

The explanation was just, "small market, can't afford it." Started financially on a bad foot when we signed Kendrick Perkins the 2nd day he arrived, coming off an acl surgery, without even seeing him play that season. Then we overpayed Ibaka, I would have preferred him at like 4/40. KD and Russ get max, that's fine.

I disagree about Rondo too, and every other he can pass but can't score pg because then defenders just further overload onto KD. Russ is our 2nd best scorer, it's what he has to do. He's not gonna get 9 and14. He's going to get 25 and 8 assists. He still has to continue to improve his decision making and shot selection and turnovers (as does KD), but I'll hitch to that wagon of those 2 as a tandem anyday. Any coach should be able to get last yr's group into a finals at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom