Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me if at least 3 or 4 of these guys would start for the West all stars :x
tumblr_mco7c3ZBFd1qzb7vjo1_500.png
Barring injury I would assum CP3, Kobe, Blake n Dwight Howard are locks

Yeah add Durant and you got your starting 5.

:rofl: He played it off pretty well

For an NBA fan, it gets no better than http://NBA.Tumblr.com

Wow i'm in awe.

:pimp: :pimp: love it

serious question...how come everyone HATED on lebron when he "needed" to play with 2 superstars but now Kobe has 3 plus jamison and artest and theres nothing but LOVE?

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerrankings/10/29/preseason/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3b
Here's the latest Power Rankings: Thunder have dropped and so have the Knicks due to Amare and chandler's injuries.

:lol: :lol:

Houston (5-2)
Pace: 100.8 (1), Off: 103.1 (4), Def: 99.6 (19)
With four talented rookies and expanded roles for Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik (who actually plays offense when asked), the Rockets were already going to be fascinating to watch this season. Now, they've got Royce White's beard and James Harden's beard on the same team. Have you ordered League Pass yet?

LOL

lin
harden
parsons
patterson
asik

should i have any reason for optimism?

Other than having a bunch of young guys who can only get better (and Carlos Delfino)? The fact that you can still add another max player or 2 very good high level guys? We don't have to roll out another 9th place overachieving yet underachieving team? Nah, no optimism at all :lol:

Kevin Martin has to be on the same diet as Nas and Allen Iverson. Dude looks pretty much the same as he did when he came in the league.

Last edited:
Yo who ever is in NT finest fantasy Im tight, Sandy knocked down our power when I was picking. Now I'm prolly stuck with a bunch of players I don't like -_-

Jeremy Lin called Scott Machado to wish him well in his future. He thought he was calling Jeremy Lamb :lol:

"How did we get a roster that resembles the 1955 Lakers?" asked Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. "I think everything is a strategy. Nothing happens by happenstance."

That is incredibly ignorant. :smh:

This is the same kind of ignorance where people look at guys like JJ Barea, Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic and label them as "white guys."

It always irks me when I see black dudes with this kind of attitude when there are blacks in a minority, and stereotypes everyone as non-black.You just sound racist when you call them pale.

JJ Barea is Puerto Rican, Shved and AK47 are both Russian, Rubio is a Spaniard, and Pek is from Yugoslavia.

You want to go ahead and label them as international, fine, but for civil rights "activists," to call the look of the team "disturbing," because of the lack of black players is idiotic.

Terrell calls it "scary" that the Wolves would assemble a roster almost 70 percent white in a sport so dominated by blacks. For Edwards, the numbers trouble him by the "historical view," what he calls a "nullification of diversity and a reversal of history."

Idiotic. If anything it's increasing the diversity of the game. How is having a team full of black men diverse? You have guys from all around the globe on your team, taht's about as diverse as you can get. Throw Nowitzki, Parker, and Ginobili on that team and it's an All-Interational team.

I'm sure 99% of Latin Americans would LOVE to be able to pass as "White."

I count five white guys on their roster. Maybe I don't know my races, but Greg Stiemsma, Kevin Love, Ridnour, Lou Amundson, and Chase.

Sure, they have more white players than the average team, but so what?

Anybody check out the new episode of One on One with Ahmad? I really hope Brandon Roy is able to have a successful comeback, it's clear he'll never be close to what he once was, but I hope he can settle into a leadership-type role and find happiness.

Got to see him play live last week, great to see him back out there.

"How did we get a roster that resembles the 1955 Lakers?" asked Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. "I think everything is a strategy. Nothing happens by happenstance."

That is incredibly ignorant. :smh:

This is the same kind of ignorance where people look at guys like JJ Barea, Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic and label them as "white guys."

It always irks me when I see black dudes with this kind of attitude when there are blacks in a minority, and stereotypes everyone as non-black.You just sound racist when you call them pale.

JJ Barea is Puerto Rican, Shved and AK47 are both Russian, Rubio is a Spaniard, and Pek is from Yugoslavia.

You want to go ahead and label them as international, fine, but for civil rights "activists," to call the look of the team "disturbing," because of the lack of black players is idiotic.

Terrell calls it "scary" that the Wolves would assemble a roster almost 70 percent white in a sport so dominated by blacks. For Edwards, the numbers trouble him by the "historical view," what he calls a "nullification of diversity and a reversal of history."

Idiotic. If anything it's increasing the diversity of the game. How is having a team full of black men diverse? You have guys from all around the globe on your team, taht's about as diverse as you can get. Throw Nowitzki, Parker, and Ginobili on that team and it's an All-Interational team.

I'm sure 99% of Latin Americans would LOVE to be able to pass as "White."

I count five white guys on their roster. Maybe I don't know my races, but Greg Stiemsma, Kevin Love, Ridnour, Lou Amundson, and Chase.

Sure, they have more white players than the average team, but so what?

It's not important, and this Terrell dude is a jackass, but just because those guys are European doesn't make them not white. You counted 5 American white guys on the team, not 5 white guys

Last edited:
You can debate back and forth about Europeans being white, and I see your point, if they want to go ahead and label all those guys as white, then that's fine. It gets messy when you have guys like Tony Parker who are French, but have African-descent in their blood.

But to those idiots, it's more of an issue of non-black, more than white. That's my only problem with the article, and you're right in that it's not important. It's silly how we try and say we're over racial barriers, we don't see colors, when there's still issues like this, or the whole Warren Moon crap. Maybe it's because race is still on the hot seats in many parts of America, but it's just annoying to still read crap like this.

If you had a group full of 15 skinheads with swastikas tattoo'd on their foreheads coached by a dude with a Hitler mustache, and their GM was a white supremacist, owned by an Aryan, okay, that's worth writing about.

But Chase Budinger? Lou Amundson?

I'm glad the article points out they tried to sign some other guys but it didn't work out. But then they'd probably try and throw a wrench and say Nic Batum is white too.

It's not important, and this Terrell dude is a jackass, but just because those guys are European doesn't make them not white. You counted 5 American white guys on the team, not 5 white guys
Greg could be part european and Lou is def part native american.

get to miss the first game tomorrow just to watch the Lakers kill the mavs :smh: i hate watching a crappy team. No Dirk, and who else is on that damn team? i like OJ though almost forgot him :lol:

get to miss the first game tomorrow just to watch the Lakers kill the mavs :smh: i hate watching a crappy team. No Dirk, and who else is on that damn team? i like OJ though almost forgot him :lol:

You're telling me you don't want to see Eddy Curry starting tomorrow?! :smh:

Jae Crowder. :pimp:

Rockets f---ed up. Harden is not worth Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and two future picks. Kevin Martin is almost as good as Harden right now and Jeremy Lamb is gonna be serious in a couple of years.

Yo far and away the dumbest thing in the history of civilization is race, and racism. We're all the same. Who cares if someone is a different color than you? It doesn't get much pettier than that.

That's literally like saying "Oh I don't like him because he wears red tee's all the time and my favorite color is blue" But I forgot, they do that too...

Anyways, hyped to see O.J. tomorrow night on primetime :pimp: He hasn't had an opportunity like this since he's been in the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom