Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaman has a booboo. :lol:
As is the case with Kaman all the time, being that big, he's oft injured, and his calf is injured, but it's not long-term, probably play after the first two games.

Don't count on that. Kaman's injuries seem to linger more than anyone else I've ever observed. He once had a sprained ankle that kept him out like half a season with the Clippers. There was something like that almost every year he was in LA, especially after the playoff run in 05-06. But maybe he'll be more motivated to recover faster with the Mavs.

Man KFC sounds good 

delonte-kfc-tshirt.jpg

Damn. I wonder when's the last time that happened with an NBA roster. The 60s?
Do these "civil right leaders" realize they are the one who sound racist? It's disturbing the Wolves only had Wes Johnson as the lone black player on the court one time, well where's the uproar when the Heat only had Mike Miller as the lone white guy?

Kaman has a booboo. :lol:
As is the case with Kaman all the time, being that big, he's oft injured, and his calf is injured, but it's not long-term, probably play after the first two games.

Don't count on that. Kaman's injuries seem to linger more than anyone else I've ever observed. He once had a sprained ankle that kept him out like half a season with the Clippers. There was something like that almost every year he was in LA, especially after the playoff run in 05-06. But maybe he'll be more motivated to recover faster with the Mavs.

Yeaaaaah, I'm gonna say no on that one. :lol:

Damn that's right, that mega fantasy team we did a few years back was awesome. How was that all run again? Didn't we have like two conferences? That was like 4 years ago wasn't it?

The one Maverick player I'm really looking forward to watching all year is the undersized, yet HUGE Jae Crowder. Dude has his Dwight Howard/LeBron James physique already going into the NBA, but he's like 6 inches shorter. :lol:

He's quick, athletic, hard-nosed, and has a decent skill-set. He'll be a fan-favorite.

Grizz related, but thought this was a good article on Lionel Hollins and a lesson in life:

Lionel Hollins once graciously asked a specific group of players, coaches and support staff to leave a team meeting.

They were all white.

This happened during a Grizzlies road trip when Hollins' ears ached from the language he routinely heard on the team's plane.

The people who remained in the room that day were all black.

And so the man everyone knew as the head basketball coach didn't seem much like one in the moment. Hollins slipped into the role of historian. The time had come to lecture the black players about their reckless and relentless use of the N-word.

Read the rest of you want at
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/oct/29/grizzlies-coach-lionel-hollins-puts-focus-on-not/

Hollins may make some bone headed adjustments during games, but the players respect the hell out of him. He also never loses control of his team.

So I started a NBA blog for the hell of it. I'll probably quit by next week (
laugh.gif
), but in the mean time: http://allnbaeverything.blogspot.com/
I know the season hasn't started yet but more content would be nice. Your own Power Rankings and a preview of each team in the top 10 would be a nice touch, sleepers and players you feel will decline this season would be great also. Maybe I should start my own blog
laugh.gif

Jason Terry Sixth Man of the Year? Was it James Harden before?
Yeah, it was.
I know the season hasn't started yet but more content would be nice. Your own Power Rankings and a preview of each team in the top 10 would be a nice touch, sleepers and players you feel will decline this season would be great also. Maybe I should start my own blog :lol:
I just started the blog two hours ago. :lol:

But I'll keep that in mind.

So pumped for this season to get going and to see if LeBron can win a legit title instead of one that was given to him in a strike shorted season. Looking forward to see if the Lakers gel and how the Harden trade effects the Thunder. Also interested in the Boston Celtics this year as well. I am thinking the season is starting too soon , but I keep forgetting the season started in December last year, went until the tail end of June and we had the Olympics this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom