Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Josh Smith the Charles Barkley of his generation?

Charles was leaps and bounds better, but as far as skillsets go?

please dont flame me bros

Tony Parker for sure.
eek.gif
Bro where have you been? I hope everything is ok with you man. This is also the right answer.

I'm having an argument with my friends about max deals right now and it is just reaffirming my stance on them. There are way too many of them in the league. 8 players max should have max deals. Franchise changing players, Hall of Fame players. When people like Roy Hibbert, Joe Johnson, Brandon Roy, and Lamarcus Aldridge have max deals something is wrong. This is what is leading to players like Josh Smith demanding max deals. Someone needs to put their foot down and say no, you are not getting one, and no team should offer it to him.

Rudy Gay has a max deal and has never been an All Star. I like Rudy Gay, but come on......

Last edited:
Is Josh Smith the Charles Barkley of his generation?

Charles was leaps and bounds better, but as far as skillsets go?

please dont flame me bros

Charles had much better shot selection..

Much better on the boards..

I could see where you get the comparison..... But I don't think so..

Last edited:
Or you can just get rid of a cap. Then we will see players true worth. Scrubs included.

:lol: :smh:

Worse idea ever.

It'd be the same 3-4 teams yearly :lol:

Literally.

NBA needs to look at the NFL cap it they ever want parity.

An this whole "max" deal nonsense needs to go,'introduce a hard cap and allow teams to pay what they want.

Or you can just get rid of a cap. Then we will see players true worth. Scrubs included.
Thats interesting, never really thought of it that way before. I've always wanted them to institute a hard cap, becuase a soft cap is dumb and doesnt solve anything but no cap? I really wonder what the league would be like if there was no cap. LeBron would get like 60 million a year with no cap honestly but no cap would destroy the league IMO, the Lakers would dominate the NBA forever.

laugh.gif
mean.gif

Worse idea ever.

It'd be the same 3-4 teams yearly
laugh.gif

Literally.

NBA needs to look at the NFL cap it they ever want parity.

An this whole "max" deal nonsense needs to go,'introduce a hard cap and allow teams to pay what they want.
Basically. Things would get better substantially if there was a hard cap. We wouldnt have to hear about contraction and moving teams all the time if there was a hard cap becuase player distribution would be better and teams would be able to fill seats. Not to mention the games would get more comeptitive

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

Asik, Parsons and Lin for D12?

Nahhhhhh I'm cool.

Houston needs to stand pat.

Highly doubt Jim is paying crazy money for earl Clarke with the new tax situation.

Lakers are unpredictable right now. Need to see what happens without Jerry. who knows, maybe they even sell lol. We just don't know what's going on behind the scenes

Highly doubt Jim is paying crazy money for earl Clarke with the new tax situation.

Lakers are unpredictable right now. Need to see what happens without Jerry. who knows, maybe they even sell lol. We just don't know what's going on behind the scenes

Clark isn't going to get that much... You gotta remember, other teams are much more worried about even being $2 million in the tax than the Lakers are being $15mil in the tax....

Also Clark said he wants to play long term in LA because he likes the organization, and they are the first team to actually give him a shot.

Last edited:
[h1]Report: Dwight Howard mocked Kobe Bryant in All-Star locker room[/h1]
Kurt Helin

Feb 19, 2013, 11:56 AM EST

10 Comments

350x16.jpeg
AP
Let’s start out right here — take this report with a grain of salt. Actually, a handful of kosher salt. I say that because there was no buzz about this in Houston. I say take the salt because every NBA reporter in America who breaks these kind of stories was in Houston and it leaked out through a celebrity page a couple days later. And I say grab salt because it seems over the top.

But the New York Post (another reason to take with salt) is reporting that Dwight Howard mocked Kobe Bryant behind his back in the All-Star Game locker room.
Relations between Kobe Bryant and his Lakers teammate Dwight Howard were beyond icy during the weekend’s All-Star game in Houston — with Howard mocking Bryant behind his back in the locker room, sources exclusively tell Page Six. Amid other reports that the Lakers’ chilly on-court chemistry was spilling into the locker room, we’re told that Howard “grabbed Kobe’s uniform, put it on, and imitated him in front of all the other players on the West team. He was joking and berating Kobe” to fellow NBA stars, including the Clippers’ Chris Paul and Blake Griffin and Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. The source added Bryant later arrived in the locker room, “said hello to everyone on the team except Howard, grabbed his stuff and moved as far away from Howard as he could.”
Expect the denials from Howard in 5…4…3…

And I’ll actually believe Howard on this one. This report seems over the top, even for him. I feel I have to pass this report along, but I’ll say again I don’t believe it and won’t until we get better confirmation. Not that it’s impossible, I just don’t see it.

I will say that Dwight Howard seemed back to his joking, having fun self more over the weekend as attention was lavished on him and he was in a game without the weight of expectations and desperation that comes with the Lakers games now. He was taking half-court hook shots in All-Star warm-ups and shot a three pointer in the game. He liked the lighter mood of the weekend.

So where does the rumor come from? If you were a team interested in trading for Dwight Howard or getting him as a free agent this summer, then leaking this kind of rumor to hopefully drive more of a wedge in the Lakers locker room this is how I would do it. But we’ll see.

Not buying it but still, funny to think about it. Imagine if that really happened

Last edited:
The New York post is a tabloid newspaper. Stop posting them as a source. They aren't trustworthy. They even get details of regular shootings and robberies wrong.

The mental image of him doing that is quite comical tho. Oh man

Clark isn't going to get that much... You gotta remember, other teams are much more worried about even being $2 million in the tax than the Lakers are being $15mil in the tax....

Also Clark said he wants to play long term in LA because he likes the organization, and they are the first team to actually give him a shot.

Knicks fans were just as confident with Jeremy Lin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom