Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean..... :lol:

Even though I think Bynum could take better care of himself/his game I feel him there. Majority of these sports "fans" are so fickle and caught in the moment, soon as he puts up 18, 12 & 2 they going to say he's better than Dwight.

There are plenty of teams willing to take a huge risk on Bynum. For example, the Bobcats (dunno their cap situation) would jump at the chance to offer him a max deal because they're gonna suck if they don't anyway.

The chance at relevancy in the league > the risk... even if he doesn't play a single minute before this summer.

laugh.gif
 this is true. That's why I liked Lebron so much during his first season with the Heat, the dude just embraced being the villain that year 
Such a dramatic shift in attitude from this year though, after winning the 'ship - dude has been a lot more relaxed and humble. I definitely like this year's version of Bron better though.
yeah he's almost become likable

i had no love at all for this dude over the last couple of years, but he's changed his public persona all on his own rather than hired an army to do that work for him, which is commendable

Tony Parker for sure.

:wow: Bro where have you been? I hope everything is ok with you man. This is also the right answer.
[rule]I'm having an argument with my friends about max deals right now and it is just reaffirming my stance on them. There are way too many of them in the league. 8 players max should have max deals. Franchise changing players, Hall of Fame players. When people like Roy Hibbert, Joe Johnson, Brandon Roy, and Lamarcus Aldridge have max deals something is wrong. This is what is leading to players like Josh Smith demanding max deals. Someone needs to put their foot down and say no, you are not getting one, and no team should offer it to him.

Rudy Gay has a max deal and has never been an All Star. I like Rudy Gay, but come on......

Im so tired of hearing "Josh Smith is asking the max." GET THE **** OUTTA HERE. The Hawks messed everything up when they gave Joe Johnson that deal. Now every under performing player wants a max deal.

So the hawks were the first team to over pay players and mess up market value?

Have we not heard of Rashard Lewis? Hedo Turkoglu?

Neither were as good as joe johnson

Tony Parker for sure.
eek.gif
Bro where have you been? I hope everything is ok with you man. This is also the right answer.
I'm having an argument with my friends about max deals right now and it is just reaffirming my stance on them. There are way too many of them in the league. 8 players max should have max deals. Franchise changing players, Hall of Fame players. When people like Roy Hibbert, Joe Johnson, Brandon Roy, and Lamarcus Aldridge have max deals something is wrong. This is what is leading to players like Josh Smith demanding max deals. Someone needs to put their foot down and say no, you are not getting one, and no team should offer it to him.

Rudy Gay has a max deal and has never been an All Star. I like Rudy Gay, but come on......

Im so tired of hearing "Josh Smith is asking the max." GET THE **** OUTTA HERE. The Hawks messed everything up when they gave Joe Johnson that deal. Now every under performing player wants a max deal.

The Joe Johnson one was way worse though. It seriously is the worst move by a basketball team ever in my book. The Magic were primed for a title run, and Hedo was their best 4th quarter player and clutch player. They had other pieces to fit into the puzzle and were actually building a good team, Atlanta however gave up the farm for a guy who isnt even a legitimate star yet for some reason is perceived to be one, and to remain a middle of the pack team and lose in the first or second round of the playoffs every year.

You could feel the climate change when Joe Johnson got that deal. People started saying "They paid him what? Hes making more than who?" and put everyone on notice that they can just run around demanding max deals if theyre barely on the cusp of being a star, and some desperate team will give it to them.

Last edited:
Lol Morey is not falling for that....Dwight for Asik, Delfino, Morris/Patterson... Lakers do not need Lin, and Morey is not going to give up Parsons- a player who is making less than 1 million this year, very underrated..

The Joe Johnson one was way worse though. It seriously is the worst move by a basketball team ever in my book. The Magic were primed for a title run, and Hedo was their best 4th quarter player and clutch player. They had other pieces to fit into the puzzle and were actually building a good team, Atlanta however gave up the farm for a guy who isnt even a legitimate star yet for some reason is perceived to be one, and to remain a middle of the pack team and lose in the first or second round of the playoffs every year.

ATL was so afraid they'd lose him they sent him a max offer over at 12:01am the day of free agency.

Panic cause them to destroy their franchise.

NOBODY was giving Joe 90 let alone 120, I honestly thought he was gonna be the last "Big Name" to sign. Had hope that we could get him for around 80 then they went and pulled that squirelly ****. Worst sporting contract of all time :smh:

What was Joe again, 137 mil? Or 138? Somethin in that ballpark.

If that ain't the worst of all time, I don't know what is. Least A-Rod was THEE best player in the game at the time, people paid to see that guy play, ain't nobody give a **** about Joe damn Johnson. His mom wasn't payin to see that dude ball. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom