Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah homey, his NY joint.

But Alex won MVP in 05 & 07 playing for the Yankee's. He might've ******* the pot in the offs but he was dominating offensivley & playing damn well while out of position defensively. What did Joe do to justify his contract again? Don't get me wrong, he earned that 80 mil the gave him originally, still didn't deserve 120... Especially considering the class he was apart of.

He's the highest paid free agent in a class that included: LBJ, Wade, Bosh, & Amare. Yeah that's not the worst contract :lol:

Last edited:
Rashard Lewis got $120M long before joe Johnson and yielded one all star appearance, being amnestied, and an HGH case. He was never the best player on any team he played for.

The wizards gave Gilbert over $100M after he blew out his knees.

And long before that, juwan Howard got $96M from that same wizards franchise.

In terms of fulfilling their bad contracts, joe did way more than three mentioned.

Wade is .5/10 with shoes. How can such an elite player constantly receive the most garbage shoes.

THIS ^^^

I don't get how Wade just won't sign with Nike. I'm pretty sure they can market his shoe to look dope and sell better than any other brand he's been with. Wade is one of my favorite players yet all his signature shoes are junk.

I'll never get tired of defending that Joe signing.

As I posted last week in the trade deadline thread:

Till the day I die I'll defend that signing and convenientley remind people what the situation was. The Hawks were in a damned if they did damned if they didnt situation. The ridiculous contract would bring him back, but letting him walk would've resulted in us getting a lower tier guy like John Salmons or somebody, basically a step back from Joe. In the end, it doesn't matter because Billy King helped us out.

Overpaid, no doubt, he actually played and maintained a high level of play in the 2 years he played for us after the contract. You can't call him Mike Hampton, Rashard Lewis, Hedo, Albert Haynesworth or any other bum who got big money and got hurt or fell off.

Last edited:
In terms of fulfilling their bad contracts, joe did way more than three mentioned.
this. He made the Hawks relevant, and consistently made the playoffs which is a far cry from what the Hawks were doing prior to Joe Johnson

So the hawks were the first team to over pay players and mess up market value?

Have we not heard of Rashard Lewis? Hedo Turkoglu?

Neither were as good as joe johnson
The Joe Johnson one was way worse though. It seriously is the worst move by a basketball team ever in my book. The Magic were primed for a title run, and Hedo was their best 4th quarter player and clutch player. They had other pieces to fit into the puzzle and were actually building a good team, Atlanta however gave up the farm for a guy who isnt even a legitimate star yet for some reason is perceived to be one, and to remain a middle of the pack team and lose in the first or second round of the playoffs every year.

ATL was so afraid they'd lose him they sent him a max offer over at 12:01am the day of free agency.

Panic cause them to destroy their franchise.

NOBODY was giving Joe 90 let alone 120, I honestly thought he was gonna be the last "Big Name" to sign. Had hope that we could get him for around 80 then they went and pulled that squirelly ****. Worst sporting contract of all time
mean.gif
ARod got the worst sports contract
laugh.gif
mean.gif

But JJ is up there
mean.gif
Given where the Hawks were in 2004, for 138 million, Joe did a lot.........of stealing.
Yeah, agreed.

*cleaned that up for ya a bit*
If I remember correctly, Joe was set on leaving before the Hawks offered that contract to him.

That's on the Hawks, not Joe.
And this is why theyre the worst franchise in pro baskebtall. Complete idiots over there, glad to see that Danny Ferry isnt letting the same tomfoolery go on around there.

:lol: :smh:

Anti why do you have the hawks so bad? :lol:

Every time they are mentioned nothing but slander and hate :lol:

Antidope/DBD, I will be at the Kings/Spurs game tonight.

I'm gonna see if my buddy can get my a media pass so I can shadow Sean Elliott after the game and see if DMC pops off again 
laugh.gif

I'll never get tired of defending that Joe signing.

As I posted last week in the trade deadline thread:

Till the day I die I'll defend that signing and convenientley remind people what the situation was. The Hawks were in a damned if they did damned if they didnt situation. The ridiculous contract would bring him back, but letting him walk would've resulted in us getting a lower tier guy like John Salmons or somebody, basically a step back from Joe. In the end, it doesn't matter because Billy King helped us out.

Overpaid, no doubt, he actually played and maintained a high level of play in the 2 years he played for us after the contract. You can't call him Mike Hampton, Rashard Lewis, Hedo, Albert Haynesworth or any other bum who got big money and got hurt or fell off.
They should have let him walk, no question. He didnt do anything worth mentioning. Being a 1st round exit every year isnt worth 135 million dollars.

I'm gonna see if my buddy can get my a media pass so I can shadow Sean Elliott after the game and see if DMC pops off again 
laugh.gif
Nice. You're going to the wrong locker room though. Go get Kawhi's autograph before he becomes a certified star.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Anti why do you have the hawks so bad?
laugh.gif

Every time they are mentioned nothing but slander and hate
laugh.gif
A bunch of reasons. Poorly managed, one of the ugliest jersies int he league, the fans are terrible, Dominique Wilkins is a terrible commentator, the city of atlanta sucks in general, I could go on and on. Down with this franchise I hope they never win a thing. 

Last edited:
They should have let him walk, no question. He didnt do anything worth mentioning. Being a 1st round exit every year isnt worth 135 million dollars.
as a fan of a team that is pretty much as bad as the pre-Joe Johnson Hawks, I would kill for perennial 1st round exits 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

The vitriol! :rofl:

@antidope

Bruh, they couldn't let him walk. I'm taking Joe over Salmons and all the other 3rd tier guys that were out there. And we were having 2nd round exits, not 1st :lol: But, hey we got rid of him I'm happy. Now it's time to trade Josh, hopefully get a center and a young wing and we can build for the future. I'd be heated if we picked up Monta Ellis, never been a fan of the small backcourts.

Last edited:
as a fan of a team that is pretty much as bad as the pre-Joe Johnson Hawks, I would kill for perennial 1st round exits 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I would have said the same thing a couple years ago, but things change when your team gets a real "superstar." With the team the Clippers have now, a first round exit would feel pretty unacceptable. Damn the team's history, I want at least the WCF.

There definitely were bad contracts before Joe Johnson came along, but like I said it really changed the players mindset on whos worthy of what. Regardless of the Circumstances, the players saw Joe Johnson get more money than Chris Bosh, Amare, and most importantly LeBron. This broke the levies, that was it for reasonable contracts in the minds of the players.

Preach. It set the bar for those dudes with "Potential". We're still waiting on Joe to live up to his.

the city of atlanta sucks in general,

THAT'S HOW YOU FEEL

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
I would have said the same thing a couple years ago, but things change when your team gets a real "superstar." With the team the Clippers have now, a first round exit would feel pretty unacceptable. Damn the team's history, I want at least the WCF.
I hope someday I can have the feeling as well.

I still remember going to one of the Clippers games before Blake got back.....and the entire place was dead 
laugh.gif
 when I got to catch a game the next season, Staples Center was completely different 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
Nice. You're going to the wrong locker room though. Go get Kawhi's autograph before he becomes a certified star.
I'm not gonna go off on my own 
laugh.gif
 I'm just gonna follow my buddy while he interviews players....... I'll get him to talk to Kawhi

Stick it Seattle for shiesting the city.
pimp.gif
If Seattle gets the Kings, by the start of next season I doubt any of us will even recognize the roster. They will gut the hell out of the team (rightfully so too).

Hopefully if the Kings stay and Burkle/Mastrov buy the team, they gut the team too 
happy.gif

1. Eric Bledsoe to the Jazz

Utah Jazz receive: Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler and Ronny Turiaf. Los Angeles Clippers receive: Paul Millsap and Alec Burks.
Some form of Bledsoe-for-Millsap makes so much sense both ways.

That has to be the most logical trade idea I've seen this season.

clippers said no to a josh smith for Bledsoe and other parts trade?

That's what Broussard is reporting --

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
In trying to move J Smith, ATL called LAC and asked about Bledsoe. Short conversation. Clips not really interested in trading for Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom