Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're going to discuss KG and Duncan but leave out Dirk?

Yeah......I get your point, but to me, 27 year old Duncan and KG were way up on Dirk, but if you wanna make a case I'd look at it. Dirk was NEVER the defender those 2 were tho, so you're already behind the 8 ball.

Very Good debates in here lately. From the HOF to who's the best of the generation....some good stuff posted. 2000-2010 would have to be Shaq, Duncan, or Kobe....with KG 4th. You can make a case for either one with stats/accomplishments/etc. Saddest thing about that is 2 of those guys were on the SAME TEAM...should've won at least 6 together. I know it worked out pretty well for both of them but still....Kobe and Shaq on the EXACT same page would have been a beautiful thing to see

Yo why does Tamika Catching sound like she talking with spit in her mouth all the time? or had a slight stroke?

So you're going to discuss KG and Duncan but leave out Dirk?

Yeah......I get your point, but to me, 27 year old Duncan and KG were way up on Dirk, but if you wanna make a case I'd look at it. Dirk was NEVER the defender those 2 were tho, so you're already behind the 8 ball.

But in terms of impact offensively, he's ahead of KG. his team always outperformed KGs. He wasn't playing hot potato in the clutch like KG did all those years in Minnesota. Dirk was a matchup nightmare, not only because he was deadly at the high post, but because you couldn't leave him in screen and roll situations.

A KG led team only made one deep playoff run. Even then he was deferring to cassell and spree

Nice interview by D Howard. Was impressed
Why won't he just commit??

laugh.gif
 at Dwight thinking he can use this weekend to get in shape. Child please

The Duncan vs KG debate was just as big as the Kobe vs TMac debate at my high school. Back then I was going with KG all day but as the years went by and Tim continued to stack up rings and MVP's ( I still think he stole one of 'em from Kidd) I had to give him the edge. KG is probably the most versatile big man I've ever seen. He literally could do EVERYTHING great in his prime but Duncan dominated the regular season and was always money in the playoffs. As a big KG fan I still have to give Duncan the edge but it's definitely a close race IMO.

A KG led team only made one deep playoff run. Even then he was deferring to cassell and spree
Well, look at who his teams lost to. His teams weren't losing to teams that they were supposed to have beaten. Are we seriously going to blame HIM for his team's misfortunes?

Of course the Spurs got the best of the T'Wolves, they were a better team. What was supposed to happen?

The Duncan vs KG debate was just as big as the Kobe vs TMac debate at my high school. Back then I was going with KG all day but as the years went by and Tim continued to stack up rings and MVP's ( I still think he stole one of 'em from Kidd) I had to give him the edge. KG is probably the most versatile big man I've ever seen. He literally could do EVERYTHING great in his prime but Duncan dominated the regular season and was always money in the playoffs. As a big KG fan I still have to give Duncan the edge but it's definitely a close race IMO.

the relationship between Pop and Duncan is what made me like Duncan actually. I've heard accounts of Pop diggin in Timmy's *** like he was a rookie, and Timmy taking it in stride, and responding, and I just respect that so much. SI did an interview with Tim Duncan where he said Pop flew out to St Thomas to meet him, and just spend a week chilling on the beach with him. In the same interview, Duncan said Pop would talk to him like a rookie in practice, and he respected it, because he treated all of his players the same, regardless of status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom