Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
is Lebron wearing these???? 

remind me of these 
nthat.gif
laugh.gif

You bringing up head to head TEAM records doesn't answer my question about how Kobe is better "overall" than Duncan. We aren't talking about team head to head battles. That is a TEAM thing.

Because I could say that TD doesn't have any weaknesses in his game. FT shooting earlier in his career but Kobe never learning how to play successful TEAM basketball is a big flaw in his game.

And then you bring up longevity. That doesn't have anything to do with who is a better OVERALL player. That speaks about how often a player can play at a high level.

I would think we are speaking about when these players are in their primes. I wouldn't look at these years as much as their prime years. Yea it is nice to look at but their legacies are pretty much solidified.

Kobe's inability to strap up (away from the ball) can be used against him. Duncan is a more efficient two way player than Kobe is. Duncan is a better passer PER POSITION than Kobe is.

So again I ask, how is Kobe a better OVERALL player than Duncan?

Last edited:
So I'm right, right?

Shaq & TD > Kobe

How many MVP or Finals MVPs does Kobe have from 98-2007?

Last edited:
So I'm right, right?

Shaq & TD > Kobe
You can go with EITHER 3. There is no right/wrong answer. Now if you pick someone other than those 3, then you are high as hell.

But to sit here and say, "SHaq hands down." Is just as bad as naming someone other than those 3. You can make a case for ANY of those dudes and I wouldn't be mad. No clear cut favorite.

Is winning championships a team thing? because Kobe has 5 of them thangs as both batman and robin.
Kobe was NEVER a Robin though. I wish people would stop saying that.

Bill Walton said it best a long time ago: "If Jordan/Pippen were Batman/Robin, SHaq/Kobe were Batman/Superman."

Kobe wasn't a 2nd fiddle player. He was a 1B to Shaq's 1A. Yes Shaq was the #1 option but so was Kobe on some nights. That isn't a Robin. I hate when Kobe gets classified as that.

Manu/TP are Robins.
Pippen was a Robin.
Joe Dumars was a Robin.

Oh God, you're one of those.

So when Kobe was doing 30, 7 and 6 with 2 steals a night, and All NBA defense, All NBA First team, he wasn't playing successful TEAM basketball, per you.

Ok.

Kobe never learned to play TEAM ball can be said, but you can then quantify Duncan is a better passer PER POSITION? You can just pick and choose what you want to count and what not to count? Never mind Kobe's team destroyed Dunc's team, we won't count that, but PER POSITION, Duncan was better at X Y and Z. :lol:

Kobe had a flaw during his peak? He couldn't bust you from 25 feet, or take you down on the block and work you too? He couldn't defend Iverson one night, and TMac the next? He couldn't use his left or right hand to finish, get you off the dribble, spot up, off cuts, at the rim, from distance, with handles, etc? All while getting his numbers? Oh, I forgot, he didn't play TEAM ball, as you put it.

But Tim, he's a TEAM guy, cuz that's what the narrative tells you. So you can quantify that to me, but saying one team vs anothe team, that, that you can't quantify, noooooooooo

:rolleyes

Yeah, that's enough of that. I already know I'm about to get quoted and bombarded with gifs for the rest of the long weekend because of this, thanks alot guy. :smh:

Last edited:
Oh God, you're one of those.

So when Kobe was doing 30, 7 and 6 with 2 steals a night, and All NBA defense, All NBA First team, he wasn't playing successful TEAM basketball, per you.

Ok.

Kobe never learned to play TEAM ball can be said, but you can then quantify Duncan is a better passer PER POSITION? You can just pick and choose what you want to count and what not to count? Never mind Kobe's team destroyed Dunc's team, we won't count that, but PER POSITION, Duncan was better at X Y and Z. :lol:

Kobe had a flaw during his peak? He couldn't bust you from 25 feet, or take you down on the block and work you too? He couldn't defend Iverson one night, and TMac the next? He couldn't use his left or right hand to finish, get you off the dribble, spot up, off cuts, at the rim, from distance, with handles, etc? All while getting his numbers? Oh, I forgot, he didn't play TEAM ball, as you put it.

But Tim, he's a TEAM guy, cuz that's what the narrative tells you. So you can quantify that to me, but saying one team vs anothe team, that, that you can't quantify, noooooooooo

:rolleyes

Yeah, that's enough of that. I already know I'm about to get quoted and bombarded with gifs for the rest of the long weekend because of this, thanks alot guy. :smh:

this would mean alot more if it came from somebody who isn't a Laker fan

I am not one of those. Unlike most of "them" I don't have a personal vendetta for any body in the world.

I am simply saying Duncan has no flaws in his game.

Kobe has never grasped the idea of team basketball. That is the flaw that I feel has held Kobe back from being even GREATER as a player. He is GREAT. 2nd Best 2Guard ever. But we know Kobe has struggled with understanding the team concept.

And again, his TEAM vs. Duncan's TEAM means NOTHING if we are discussing personal skillsets. NOTHING.

I am not one of those. Unlike most of "them" I don't have a personal vendetta for any body in the world.

I am simply saying Duncan has no flaws in his game.

Kobe has never grasped the idea of team basketball. That is the flaw that I feel has held Kobe back from being even GREATER as a player. He is GREAT. 2nd Best 2Guard ever. But we know Kobe has struggled with understanding the team concept.

And again, his TEAM vs. Duncan's TEAM means NOTHING if we are discussing personal skillsets. NOTHING.

But your definition of someone being a TEAM player, while doing all that work, means something. :lol:

So Tim is clean, no flaws, Kobe had a huge flaw. Got it.

this would mean alot more if it came from somebody who isn't a Laker fan

I know.

I probably LIKE KG more than those dudes but KG isn't in their class by the general public because he "only" has 1 ring.

Talent wise, he is up there with them. But he wouldn't be grouped with those 3 at the end of the day
Still personally think KG > Duncan. Since Duncan walked into the league into pretty much the perfect team situation, though, people want to look at two numbers and say 4 > 1.
tired.gif

But your definition of someone being a TEAM player, while doing all that work, means something. :lol:

So Tim is clean, no flaws, Kobe had a huge flaw. Got it.
I know.
Where did I say it was a HUGE flaw?

I simply said that was a flaw in his game. He killed WITH that flaw. As I said, 2nd best SG I have ever seen.

Yes Duncan is clean. I am looking at it from a, "Who would I rather coach" perspective.

Tim Duncan is who I would pick. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to coach Kobe.

But from what EYE see, Tim Duncan is more of a team player and that is important to me PERSONALLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom