Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just nitpicking when you define a generation.

Magic and Bird were before MJs time, even though they played at the same time for a good stretch.

Are we saying that Bird/Magic are a separate era? I think they should deserve that distinction, as should Jordan, as should Kobe, as should LeBron.

I would love to see some comprehensive defined list of each "generation", dating back to the beginning of the NBA.

You're just nitpicking when you define a generation.

Magic and Bird were before MJs time, even though they played at the same time for a good stretch.

Are we saying that Bird/Magic are a separate era? I think they should deserve that distinction, as should Jordan, as should Kobe, as should LeBron.

I think what you're getting at is how they interset within given decades. For instance, your example of Bird/Magic, they were the 80's. MJ the 90's, and then you have Kobe/Duncan and Lebron in the 00's. Shaq, spilt a lot of time between the 90's and 00's, but he was done in 05, and hadn't done anything serious in the mid 90's. Hurts him from that perspective in terms of just labeling him.

Bron is going to be the.......what do we call now? Teens? The 11-19 era? What the hell is this? :lol: But that'll be his. He was great from 03-10, but like Shaq, did his work (or will be doing his work) in the following decade.

I think that's what you were saying, something like that? The decades in which they played, not just the "era" persay.

I would love to see some comprehensive defined list of each "generation", dating back to the beginning of the NBA.

Mikan
Russell
The 70's
Magic/Bird
MJ
Kobe
Lebron
Player getting ready to sign with Kentucky in 2-3 years to dominate the 20's NBA?????? :lol:

Iono, just did it in 15 seconds. Surely it will get shredded to bits.

I think it's just silly to say who was the best of an era and trying to label guys.

You got guys who carry this league.

For a time, it was Magic and Larry. Then it was Jordan. Then it was Shaq and Kobe. Now it's LeBron.

In between then? Great players, hall of famers. It's hard to argue against those guys defining the game since the 80s. The only guy you may throw in there is Tim.

Mikan
Russell
The 70's
Magic/Bird
MJ
Kobe
Lebron
Player getting ready to sign with Kentucky in 2-3 years to dominate the 20's NBA?????? :lol:

Iono, just did it in 15 seconds. Surely it will get shredded to bits.

I just found an interesting article on the NBA Eras, not as detailed as I would have liked, but if you google it theres a good amount of results

http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=NBA_Eras

eek.gif
 George Gervin wearing Concords 
laugh.gif

Lebron and Kobe are in the same eras but not really. Bron's prime started in 2007 (right now is probably his peak), Kobe's peak was probably around 2007. Kobe's era was the Duncan, Shaq, KG, Dirk, Tmac, Iverson, Jkidd, Steve Nash era. Shaq and Duncan were the best players of that era with Kobe in 3rd. Lebrons generation is really Lebron, Chris Paul, Melo, Wade, Amare, Dwight Howard, Durant, etc... And Lebron is the best player of his generation.

Last edited:
Any idea on who's starting in the Celeb game??? I just placed a bet on Common scoring the first basket 
nerd.gif

So does so get any credit for how good the heats ball movement is? Can't destroy brooks and not give spo credit for not going ISO ISO ISOOO

Post Jordan era I think the most dominant influential player, the player any GM would pick 1 overall, would be Shaq.

But the best overall player since Jordan is definatly Bryant, and it will continue to be Bryant until and if LeBron catches up. LeBron is only 28 tho plenty of time.

I don't understand how and why some of you refute that. That hate really must run strong.

I would want to see Bron in the dunk contest

But I think in the end his dunks will just him doing power dunks with different gimmicks

He saw Blake and KIA a few years ago. He'd probably ***** out one of his final round dunks to a corporate sponsor.

^ You are basing the, "Any GM Would pick SHaq" logic off of what?

What about Duncan? Are we forgetting about him?

And you say the best overall player is Bryant.

Again I ask, what about Duncan?

Even though EYE personally wouldn't compare the two in terms of "overall" since they don't play the same position, I am curious as to how you consider Kobe better "overall: than Duncan?

When are those MJ, Barkley, & Russell specials supposed to come on?

What channel?

EDIT: nvm, the 18th on NBA tv

Last edited:
^ You are basing the, "Any GM Would pick SHaq" logic off of what?

What about Duncan? Are we forgetting about him?

And you say the best overall player is Bryant.

Again I ask, what about Duncan?

Even though EYE personally wouldn't compare the two in terms of "overall" since they don't play the same position, I am curious as to how you consider Kobe better "overall: than Duncan?

More overall elite level seasons?

Duncan's team being 1-4 against the Lakers in the postseason?

Duncan has been 19-10 the last 5 years, this has been his best season of the last 6 and he's now missed like 10+ games already. Solid for sure, but no longer the 2003 level Duncan he was.

Kobe has been Kobe from 2000-10. Duncan was leveling off already by 2008.

*note, you are going to start a riot in here for this, and I don't like you for it.* :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom