Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yao Ming is a HOFer right?

Yao's impact on the global aspect of the game warrants a initiation in the Hall of Fame.

A couple years ago though,

Doleva said Huizinga told him that Yao believes it's too soon for him to be placed on the ballot.

"He (Huizinga) indicated that Yao has great respect for the institution and equal respect for those elected before his consideration," Doleva said in a phone interview. "He just feels that it's too soon to be considered as a contributor."

The basketball hall of fame has never been an elite only group. There are guys who weren't that great get in.

Ralph Sampson. Really great college player, but was only good in the NBA. He's in.

Yao Ming has a shot? He was not only really good but all the international attention he brought to the NBA is more than enough to warrant a spot. :rolleyes You guys really don't understand the basketball HOF...

I understand it, I just don't like it.

That's my biggest issue, I wish the NBA had an NBA HOF.

They can have a basketball HOF still if they want, but the NBA needs to have its own building and have THOSE players stand above all others.

That's just my opinion, doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the way I do, just what I wish the NBA had is all.

The basketball hall of fame has never been an elite only group. There are guys who weren't that great get in.

Ralph Sampson. Really great college player, but was only good in the NBA. He's in.
That's why it isn't saying much if you get in. Judging off the responses in here and who's already in, I don't consider the Hall a sacred place like it should be. In the past I've seen arguments for Antwan Jamison, Shawn Marion and others who I just smh at those names even being discussed. 

The Hall judges college and international play too right? That's just stupid.

VC was always just a good player (great at times) but never an elite top player, no business in the HOF imo.
I think he was elite in 2000-2001

He was top 5 in scoring and best sg behind AI and Kobe

Last edited:
Yao Ming has a shot? He was not only really good but all the international attention he brought to the NBA is more than enough to warrant a spot.
eyes.gif
You guys really don't understand the basketball HOF...

They can have a basketball HOF still if they want, but the NBA needs to have its own building and have THOSE players stand above all others.

That's just my opinion, doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the way I do, just what I wish the NBA had is all.
so you do think he'll have a shot at the HOF?

This thread would be so much more entertaining if everyone was drunk. Just let the drivel flow and then check in the next day to see what you posted.

NBATV is replaying all of the slam dunk contests. On 1994 right now. Kemp and Rider.

I want that warm up jacket that Rider was wearing. :pimp:

This thread would be so much more entertaining if everyone was drunk. Just let the drivel flow and then check in the next day to see what you posted.
Whenever I post here late at night, I'm usually pretty drunk 

tumblr_lpd5h3tJqb1qfhbcf.gif

Yao Ming has a shot? He was not only really good but all the international attention he brought to the NBA is more than enough to warrant a spot. :rolleyes You guys really don't understand the basketball HOF...

Who? Yao?

Because of international stuff, yes, he'll get in.

If it was NBA only, no way no how not a chance never.

Yao Ming has a shot? He was not only really good but all the international attention he brought to the NBA is more than enough to warrant a spot.
eyes.gif
You guys really don't understand the basketball HOF...

Who? Yao?

Because of international stuff, yes, he'll get in.

If it was NBA only, no way no how not a chance never.
agreed on all that

Stat request: free throw attempt leaders per year since 03.

2003-2004
1. Shaquille O'Neal-LAL 676
2. Paul Pierce-BOS 631
3. Corey Maggette-LAC 620
4. Tim Duncan-SAS 588
5. Kobe Bryant-LAL 533

2004-2005
1. Amare Stoudemire-PHO 795
2. Allen Iverson-PHI 786
3. Shaquille O'Neal-MIA 765
4. Dwyane Wade-MIA 762
5. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 708

2005-2006
1. Allen Iverson-PHI 829
2. Kobe Bryant-LAL 819
3. LeBron James-CLE 814
4. Paul Pierce-BOS 812
5. Dwyane Wade-MIA 803

2006-2007
1. Kobe Bryant-LAL 768
2. Gilbert Arenas-WAS 718
3. LeBron James-CLE 701
4. Dwight Howard-ORL 666
5. Eddy Curry-NYK 659

2007-2008
1. Dwight Howard-ORL 897
2. Allen Iverson-DEN 797
3. LeBron James-CLE 771
4. Kobe Bryant-LAL 742
5. Amare Stoudemire-PHO 691

2008-2009
1. Dwight Howard-ORL 849
2. Dwyane Wade-MIA 771
3. LeBron James-CLE 762
4. Chris Bosh-TOR 617
5. Devin Harris-NJN 605

2009-2010
1. Kevin Durant-OKC 840
2. Dwight Howard-ORL 816
3. LeBron James-CLE 773
4. Dwyane Wade-MIA 702
5. Amare Stoudemire-PHO 632

2010-2011
1. Dwight Howard-ORL 916
2. Blake Griffin-LAC 695
3. Kevin Durant-OKC 675
4. Kevin Martin-HOU 669
5. LeBron James-MIA 663

2011-2012
1. Dwight Howard-ORL 572
2. LeBron James-MIA 502
3. Kevin Durant-OKC 501
4. Blake Griffin-LAC 468
5. Kevin Love-MIN 460

Wonder where Ben Gordon lands if it ain't Brooklyn.

I would want no parts of Kris Humphries contract. No thanks.

EDIT: I didn't know he was up after this year, same as BG.

Brooks and Kris is okay, but they need more scoring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom