Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance the Buss fam sells the franchise??? They could probably easily get at least a cool billion

I'm surprised Shoeking doesn't have stories about how he played pick-up ball with AI and taught him that crossover.
laugh.gif

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/02/lakers-owner-jerry-buss-dying-of-cancer-family-at-hospital/[/URL]"]
Longtime Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss is currently at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles reportedly dying of cancer according to RadarOnline.com:

The businessman and billionaire is at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com that Lakers players have been calling with well-wishes and even stopping by to see him in what they expect to be his final days.

Back in 1979, Buss purchased the Lakers and has lead the franchise to 10 NBA titles during his time as the owner.

Widely regarded as one of the greatest and most successful NBA owners in professional sports in this country, Buss is beloved by Lakers fans and respected as one of the best in the business.

Lakers Nation reporter Serena Winters is currently following up on the breaking news of Buss’ dire condition.

Updates will continue throughout the day as we reach out to the Lakers organization for more information.

Wow.
[/quote]

:stoneface:

Won't believe it until another source but a gossip blog says its true. Nobody close to the team has reported this.

Save your stoneface. From the OC Register:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/buss-495947-lakers-family.html
Lakers owner Buss in hospital with cancer

by KEVIN DING

Lakers owner Jerry Buss has cancer and is at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, according to a report Thursday by Radaronline.com in which a source suggested Buss is nearing death.googleoff: all

googleon: all

Buss' cancer was learned previously by the Register but not published out of respect for the Buss family's wishes.googleoff: all

end articleExtras googleon: all

Buss, 79, has been called the greatest owner in pro sports history for his 10 NBA championships with the Lakers, in addition to being inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010. Buss bought the Lakers in 1979 and currently owns 66 percent of the team.googleoff: all

On Aug. 22, Buss' daughter and Lakers executive vice president of business operations Jeanie Buss posted to her Twitter account: "For all those who asked, Dr. Buss is doing really well, even spending time visiting with Kobe yesterday. My dad's pumped for #Lakers season!"googleoff: all

But Buss has been hospitalized for much of the past year, his health worsening, and the Register recently explored the potentially difficult future for the franchise upon Buss' death with son Jim and daughter Jeanie not speaking to each other and possibilities abounding regarding various ownership groups, even within the Buss family, getting involved.googleoff: all

The Buss family released a statement after that piece was published, saying: "We unanimously agree that we have no intention of ever selling the Lakers, and intend to keep ownership of the team in our family for generations to come."

Last edited:
They can't force him to play if he chooses to retire.

He also could be putting it out there that he might retire so teams don't trade for him and he stays in Boston

Last edited:
I don't think Garnett would sign a 3-year deal, only to decide he's going to retire 8 months later. Probably just doesn't feel he's deserving, or doesn't feel like doing the All-Star thing after 15 times. I don't know how he plans on getting out of it, though. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think Garnett would sign a 3-year deal, only to decide he's going to retire 10 months later. Probably just doesn't feel he's deserving, or doesn't feel like doing the All-Star thing after 15 times. I don't know how he plans on getting out of it, though.
laugh.gif
fake an injury? 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom