Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowen didn't change 3 different franchise histories.

VC got more points than everyone ever, cept 25 or so players.

Horry is the ONLY player, ever, to win MULTIPLE rings with THREE franchises. Just him.

And when reviewing his resume, he didn't just ride the pine, he made ENORMOUS plays for all 3 teams. The Kings and Suns BOTH don't have a title because of him. Ewing and the Knicks might have one. I mean......that's not exactly Paxson hitting one shot.

Bill Walton is in for his college work, plus 1 title, 1 MVP and 1 title as a 6th man. Walton has like 6,000 career points. Injuries affected him. Well, Robert Horry was never the same after his back injury, otherwise he might have had a bigger role in his own career. A lite Pippen type niche, but the back injury took that, so he went a different path and still changed the course of multiple NBA histories.

That's it from me on Horry. I made my case against Carter, and for Horry, I don't want to flood everyone. PM me if you want to yell at me more. :lol:

I wholeheartedly disagree. There is no doubt that Robert Horry had an enormous impact on the teams he won championships with. However, he's nothing more than a 7/4 player in the regular season. For guys like him, you HAVE to look at the whole picture. He's a role player. Nothing more, nothing less. Vince was a bonafide superstar. No, he doesn't have the postseason resume as Robert Horry, but this was a marquee athlete in the NBA and one who was ARGUABLY the most popular for a short period of time in his playing career. Despite the rings and big shots he made, Horry should not be enshrined in the HOF. Like I said before, if you're going to look at the whole picture for Vince, you gotta do the same for Rob.

someone make a hof thread meow

Meow? :lol: :lol:

Still makes more sense than this Horry nonsense.

Exactly, Haters be exaggerating what Blake does in games due to their blind hate for dude. :rolleyes

it's always and only clipper fans that say blake isn't that bad :lol:. I used to like him his rookie year, the worst thing he did was use his off arm when attacking the rim. I actually wanted him to fight back because he used to get punked all the time. But instead of retaliating now he just outright flops on the level of soccer players. both the black and white chris webber have called him out for it so it's not just something that me and countless other fans are exaggerating.

Vince has led the league in 2 categories his whole career. Games played in 99, and 07. That's it.

21,800 points
5,200 rebounds
3,900 assists

21, 5, 4 for his career.

Playoffs, he has

1,300 points
370 rebounds
250 assists

22, 6, 4 for his career

He's been out of the first round 4 times, out in the first round 3 times. He's a 41% shooter in the playoffs during that time. He did have 3 solid looking playoff seasons, but his totals are very, very underwhelming.

0 All NBA first teams
0 All NBA Defense
0 MVP's
0 Titles
0 Finals played in

Never one time finished in the top 10 in MVP voting.

His biggest accomplishment imo is his world famous gif when he's about to shoot some key playoff free throws for the Magic in which you could literally see the fear in his soul. For some damn reason, my gif is frozen and won't load on here, hopefully someone will see this and post it up for me. I laugh every time I see it. :lol:

Someone please post that gif.

As a Net fan, I saw VC in the tail-end of his prime do some ridiculous things that people overlook because the Nets are ignored. He and Kidd carried the sorriest bunch of players I've ever seen in my life to the playoffs after a slow start. I'm talking... these guys were all out of the league within a year or two. I'm gonna post the top 3 lineups used that season, just so you guys can laugh.

Kidd-Vaughn-Carter-Krstic-Collins
Kidd-Carter-Buford-Krstic-Collins
Kidd-Carter-Scalabrine-Krstic-Collins

:lol:

Anyway, over the next 4 seasons he averaged over 20, 5, 5 while missing only 11 games. He graciously accepted that the team was rebuilding (after taking them into the playoffs a couple times) and instead of whining about it, stepped up as a player, was a leader for the younger guys and kept the team decent when they should've been terrible. I saw him hit countless game winners, step it up in the playoffs, monster games, highlights that'll last forever. The point is in his prime he was REALLY good. Probably not elite but close for a couple years. More important, after his prime - he didn't fall off a cliff. For all the flack he gets in the press about not caring, it doesn't surprise me in the least that at the age of 36, he's still putting up good numbers and accepting life as a role player.

His lack of playoff success had a lot more to do with his bad teams than his actual failures. If you don't think he's a HOFer, your criteria is very strict. He was never ELITE but most players in the HOF weren't. He was really, really good for a long time and after that, rebuilt himself as a good roleplayer. What should hurt him more than his lack of playoff success or numbers is the way he ended in Toronto.

VC was always just a good player (great at times) but never an elite top player, no business in the HOF imo.

Last edited:
Yao Ming has a shot? He was not only really good but all the international attention he brought to the NBA is more than enough to warrant a spot. :rolleyes You guys really don't understand the basketball HOF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom