Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince Carter has now scored more points in the NBA than Larry Bird.

I don't think he's a Hall of Famer but by the end of this season he'll probably be 28th all time.

Every player in the top 30 is either a HOFer or no brainer HOFer except him
I made this same argument a couple hundred pages ago. Every player in the top 50 in scoring is in the hall except Vince Carter. He is going
I swear the spurs play everyday
Rodeo Road Trip, the games are bunched entirely too close together though.

Rudy might show out for the rest of the year but I would wager a pretty penny he comes back down to earth to finish out that contract. Yeah he hit some game winners, that's great. Dude is shooting something nasty. Smh

Some of you guys are funny trying to prove how Memphis messed up after every single Raptor game. Grizzlies certainly lost some talent but Gay is clearly either not himself this year or is beginning to go the way of Joe Johnson.
laugh.gif
 @ beginning to go the way of Joe Johnson as if Rudy was ever better than him.

Rudy is a career 45% shooter and 34% 3 point shooter. While that's not nothing to be happy about, its safe to say that he's not about to shoot 40% and 28% for the rest of his career. I'm really not sure what's going on with his shot this season. The season he was injured, he was shooting 47% and 40%. The season before that, 47 and 33. If he was shooting at his average in Toronto with the amount of attempts he's getting, he would be averaging around 24 a game as compared to 20 points.

I'm sure next season he will probably shoot the ball much better, with his scoring average going up. The reason why Rudy never put up big time numbers was due to the fact that he never was able to get to the line much. He only averaged 4FTA for his career and his FT numbers have went up a little bit since going to Tornonto. There were alot of times where Rudy didn't really get any calls no matter how hard he attacked the rim. But, I think he's going to get more calls in Toronto because now he's being viewed as a star. Coming from a guy that knows an NBA ref, he's definitely going to get more calls now than before. :nerd:

Last edited:
I know some players get star treatment but does anybody blatantly abuse it quite like blake griffin? The "foul" on parsons where he just falls down on the break, the foul on omer when he went up for the dunk.....that blatant goaltend that even the clips homer announcers couldn't deny. he is spoiled rotten by the nba and it almost sickens me. he has been going ham since he "won" the dunk contest. the sad thing is that they like to toy with people and hype them up just to bring them back down to earth, happens every single time and blake won't be the exception

^^^ How exactly is Griffin "abusing" anything? He's just trying to make plays. It's not up to him how the whistle blows. And he's been playing the same way his whole career, but nobody complained when he was a rookie because the Clippers weren't good.

Does Kevin Durant "abuse" the system because he gets a foul called on almost any contact he draws? I don't think so. He's just playing. Same goes for Griffin.

Hollins = sucker

Rest of the Rockets = suckers for not sticking up for Lin.

:smh: I don't care what type of suspension comes out of it, you get a man BLATANTLY fouled/kicked like that, you need to do something.

If Vince makes the HOF, we really need a re-do on how the Hall works. :smh:

One of these days we need a NT NBA only HOF thread like we did with the baseball one a few years ago.

One of these days we need a NT NBA only HOF thread like we did with the baseball one a few years ago.

CP...weren't you on the Horry HOF bandwagon? :lol:

CP...weren't you on the Horry HOF bandwagon? :lol:

Yessir. :pimp:

Horry's 57 huge, clutch, playoff altering moments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince Carter slam dunk title + 25,000 regular season points.

If you sat down and told the history of the NBA to a small child, you couldn't gloss over Robert Horry moments that helped shape the NBA landscape.

You could skip Vince Carter's NBA contribution like he was Rafer Alston.

I dont know bout that Vince is arguably the best dunker of all-time you cant just skip him but idk about him being HOF though.

Edit: Dunking and NBA go hand in hand if we talking dunking period his name needs to be brought up.

Last edited:
Vince is not a Hall of Famer in my eyes. Then again, I don't even know with Hall of Fame's anymore. Especially basketball.

People just don't like Vince.

If you stack up his numbers and achievements with many players in the HOF...Vince certainly has a case to be there when it's all said and done.

That's what I don't like though. People put way too much into face value and just looking at the numbers. The game has evolved and the numbers don't always mean the same things from one era to the next. Stats stats stats. That's all a lot of people care about. Where did it get him though?

I like Vince. I just don't see it though. His cousin...He's who I don't like (from a basketball standpoint). :lol:

Last edited:
That's what I don't like though. People put way too much into face value and just looking at the numbers. The game has evolved and the numbers don't always mean the same things from one era to the next. Stats stats stats. That's all a lot of people care about. Where did it get him though?

I like Vince. I just don't see it though. His cousin...He's who I don't like (from a basketball standpoint).
laugh.gif
what exactly is the hall of fame supposed to be about then? Prestige plays one part...but stats play a very important part.

If it didn't....then CP would be right in thinking Robert Horry has a case.

In a league that's been around for 70 years...the fact he'll finish in the top 25 of scorers all time is certainly an accomplishment.

Last edited:
If you think Vince Carter is a hall of famer then the HOF truly holds no value, and it's clear that's what is exactly wrong with the HOF.

Won't surprise me tho, Reggie Miller made it.

What is the HOF supposed to be about then?

If you're asking me then I would say that I would make it a much more exclusive group. Only the best of the best get in. Not just stat fillers ore one trick pony's. I don't run the HOF though so if I answer your question from the standpoint of how it is today then I just don't know.

But I'm saying how would you distinguish what "the best" means?

What exact criteria would define "only the best"? 

I like Vince. I just don't see it though. His cousin...He's who I don't like (from a basketball standpoint). :lol:

The fact of the matter is he worked for those 25'000 baskets just like anyone else and his playoff numbers highly surpass his regular season numbers. Vince is clearly a GREAT player and although he never won much their is nothing remotely close to role player about him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom