Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I doubt that.... like what if Duncan all of a sudden tears his ACL the game before the ASW?
I'm pretty sure it's one or the other--otherwise tons of guys would skip it for extra rest.

Wouldn't tearing his ACL put him out for games right after the All-Star game? I'm pretty sure if somebody needs surgery and can't walk on their own, they'd make exceptions. Wake to take it to the extreme, though. :rofl:

^I doubt that.... like what if Duncan all of a sudden tears his ACL the game before the ASW?
I'm pretty sure it's one or the other--otherwise tons of guys would skip it for extra rest.

Wouldn't tearing his ACL put him out for games right after the All-Star game? I'm pretty sure if somebody needs surgery and can't walk on their own, they'd make exceptions. Wake to take it to the extreme, though.
roll.gif
I still remember when Brad Miller got hurt in the All Star game 
laugh.gif

Based on the past (and common sense), if a player plays in games before ASW, they're obligated to play in the ASG.

If a player misses games before ASW, then it's understandable if they miss the ASG.

He could just play a couple minutes and sit out the rest of the game like Bynum did last year or Kobe in '08.

Nuggets fans, Blazers, did you read Lowe's column on Grantland?
Nope, missed that tweet from him. Thanks for the heads up, checking it out now.

EDIT

Very well done piece, but nothing Nuggets fans didn't already know: Karl's rotations & defensive schemes are very suspect and leave the Nuggets very vulnerable to teams that can knock down perimeter shots, and their half-court offense leaves much to be desired.

Another problem right now is Chandler/McGee/Miller aren't happy with their roles/minutes. McGee & Chandler have both taken to twitter, and deleted those tweets. Miller went public in the media, and took a dump on the franchise with the 3-point attempt at the end of the Boston game the other night.

So...

- Karl
- Defense
- Half court offense
- Role players becoming unhappy, on a team that relies on it's depth

Those are the Nuggets' main problems; not, "they don't have a go-to guy to give the ball to at the end of games" that every "analyst" spouts out whenever they're on national TV or casual fans speak of because they watch a handful of Nuggets games each year. Put somebody clutch (Melo, Kobe, anybody) on the current roster, and they'll still have the same problems.

They're not a true contender and not close to it. They may be able to get out of the first round, but there's no way they're getting through SAS or OKC. (I could see them upsetting LAC, if they were to get matched up with them)

Last edited:

Well, this could be fun again.

If you're the Warriors, you start a fight early in that game.

Send. A. Message.

Nothing dirty or cheap, just a message, we ain't havin that again. The Warriors want to start getting other teams to notice them and respect them, chin check the Rockets and others will take notice.

Mark Jackson ain't above that either. He knows the game, he knows how to handle it.

All of the Blake Griffin Kia commercials have been gold.
Well, this could be fun again.
If you're the Warriors, you start a fight early in that game.

Send. A. Message.

Nothing dirty or cheap, just a message, we ain't havin that again. The Warriors want to start getting other teams to notice them and respect them, chin check the Rockets and others will take notice.

Mark Jackson ain't above that either. He knows the game, he knows how to handle it.
Something very similar to what happened at the end of the last game, and if possible from the same guy so they know that it was intended on being a message. I got Golden State winning this game though, theyre coming out the gate with more effort because of the recent slump and want to go into ASG with a signature win under their belt whereas I feel like Houstons already starting to shut it down, being that theyre around the festivities more than any other team in the league. They're already deep in the PR relations and their minds are elsewhere.
i guess they ran out of mixed kids w/ red hair
That 2006 one looks too much like him, how are they finding these kids?

Last edited:
Question regarding Wilson Chandler?

Can he not be that guy? We know it isn't iggy :nerd:

The Kia commercials have grown on me, and although I didn't like the first of the newer two, I thought the second was pretty good. :lol:

My favorite is still dude sitting on a carousel horse.

Bingo, hyah!

:pimp: :lol:

Question regarding Wilson Chandler?

Can he not be that guy? We know it isn't iggy :nerd:
Wilson is a shell of his former atheltic self that he was in NY and when he first arrived in DEN. He has lost all explosiveness & elevation he had, and I don't know if he's ever going to get that back--he had hip surgery 10 months ago. He now relies on primarily taking jumpers on offense, which are often ill-advised, and isn't laterally quick on D like he used to be.

Both Gallinari & Iguodala are far better options than Wil on both ends of the floor, right now.

Gallinari has quietly hit a ton of big shots late in tight games, and looks to be turning himself into a clutch player, but nobody has really taken notice because Denver isn't really talked about on a game-to-game basis.

Last edited:
Wasn't too sure that's why I asked :nerd:

Him and super cool beas are 2 of my favorites :lol: :smh:

Wasn't too sure that's why I asked :nerd:

Him and super cool beas are 2 of my favorites :lol: :smh:
According to tweets he's since deleted, he's asked for a trade. And on Sunday afternoon, 11 days from the trade deadline, he tweeted something along the lines of "11 days left" or "11 days to go..". I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved next week, even if things are quiet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom