Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you disagree with me about Eric Bledsoe, fine, tell me what else I'm wrong about?

Do you really believe that Rudy Gay has EVER let alone this year he worst season of his career, has he EVER been better than Bosh, Ibaka or Manu/Tony Parker.

These are the #3 players on championship contenders.

he's getting played to be a top 3 player on a championship team and he simply isn't and has NEVER been that.

Last edited:
Probably gonna talk about his efficiency and how in the long run he won't be a positive factor or something. I was waiting for dude to post when I saw Rudy was 3 for 13
laugh.gif
Yup. 6/12 after that and 17 points in the 4th/OT. Not to mention his clutch defense, free throws, 5 steals for the game and game winner.

He's not a no.1, but I'll damn sure like him as a no.2. Not to mention, that Toronto teams looks much better with Rudy than without.

I'll be keeping a close eye on his progress the rest of the season. He's definitely having a bad shooting year, but I think it will improve slightly.

Still thought it was funny OKB was saying we are better with ZBO in Memphis paired with our core than Rudy. I'm still waiting on Zbo to simply take over a game again and Rudy doing a lot of things in TOR despite his shooting % smh
you flip flop so god damn much

if rudy gay was playing like trash you would be in here laughing and saying how happy you are memphis traded his ***, just like you did early on with OJ mayo.

Rudy gay sure as hell ant a legit 2 on a champship winning team

This kid just said Bledose and Bosh are in the same tier?

regardless of what you may or may not think about eric bledsoe my point remains.

he isn't a two way player.
he can't play defense.
he can't create for others.
he has no handle.
he isn't a number 2.
4-5 years ago he was overrated.
today he is overrated.
he is a midrange jump shooting overrated looser, who will always be a looser especially if he is anything more than the 4th best player on your team.

I would rather have kept ed davis and jose calderon and every day I am forced to watch him, brings me closer and closer to death of my raptor fandom.

Ohhhh, now it makes sense....

If you disagree with me about Eric Bledsoe, fine, tell me what else I'm wrong about?

Do you really believe that Rudy Gay has EVER let alone this year he worst season of his career, has he EVER been better than Bosh, Ibaka or Manu/Tony Parker.

he's getting played to be a top 3 player on a championship team and he simply isn't and has NEVER been that.

Are you forgetting that a 33 year old Jason Terry was the second option on a championship Dallas team

Are you forgetting that a 33 year old Jason Terry was the second option on a championship Dallas team

an incredible unprecedented exception that proves the rule.

It took Dirk having one of maybe the 5 greatest post season runs in the history of the game, and a imploding lebron james for that to happen.

Exception that proves the rule.

Second option to a hall of famer PF with a great defense and a 10 man deep roster

Also factor in that he was unconscious that year, you see what he's doing now in Boston :lol:

We're not talking about a championship contender, we're talking about the Raptors. Rudy Gay is the best player on that team, and they have been winning with him so far

I find it funny that people still think Rudy is a bad defender. :lol:

When it comes down to it, Rudy is a better two way player than either of those players. Factor in that you can't really give those guys the ball at the end of a game when it counts and they are much better fit as role players.

Stop thinking its 2008.

Last edited:
Andre Iguodala is so much better than Rudy Gay it's a joke, he is an ELITE, defender and has been forever. the difference between them on offense negligible.

We're not talking about a championship contender, we're talking about the Raptors. Rudy Gay is the best player on that team, and they have been winning with him so far

thats wonderful, do we get a banner for loosing in the first round? rings?

Can't wait to retire Rudy Gays number after our 1st round knockout parade.

Everything when ranking players, or deciding on their quality should be couched in the context of a championship caliber team, that is the only thing that matters.

Last edited:
Andre Iguodala is so much better than Rudy Gay it's a joke, he is an ELITE, defender and has been forever. the difference between them on offense negligible.

Yea just like Joakim Noah is better than Marc Gasol right? :lol:

I would definitely like to see Iguodala be the go to guy on a team that can finish 4th in the West. He's not even the go to guy in Denver :lol: . Its debatable if they would even wanting him taking the last shot. They would probably rather have Lawson, Gallinari and Chandler take the shot.

Last edited:
Im just saying that any improvement is something. Im not sure why you're mad at him, its not like top tier FAs are jumping to come to TDot anyways

an incredible unprecedented exception that proves the rule.

It took Dirk having one of maybe the 5 greatest post season runs in the history of the game, and a imploding lebron james for that to happen.

Exception that proves the rule.

That's true, but they aren't the only championship contending team where the 2nd option wasn't a high caliber player.

Look at the Knicks this year. Right up there with the top teams in the league, but they don't have a high caliber 2nd option (Tyson Chandler is a great defensive player, but not a high caliber player like Bosh, Griffin, Parker, etc)

The Pacers, Nuggets, and Bulls (without Rose) are all teams that are thriving and top seeded without a high caliber 2nd option.

All of those teams have a good coaching system and role players who can fit that system well. Right now the Raptors have Gay, Lowry, Derozan, and probably something decent in return for Bargnani once he gets traded. So what's stopping this team from being a top seeded team in the east with Gay as the best player?

Damn, what was that stat that only Lebron, Wade, Marion, Josh Smith and Rudy Gay were only apart of in terms of active NBA players? I've been trying to look this up for awhile, but can't find it. Something dealing with having a certain amount of steals, blocks, points and rebounds that very few active NBA players have accomplished so far. If someone finds it, please post it.

I'll tell you this...I'll rather have Conley, Rudy and Marc on this team going forward and being able to find another star player to put around that core than not being able to put anyone around ZBO because his game doesn't fit with any top perimeter player. Then factor in that Rudy would probably get a more team friendly contract with the new CBA if he declines his player option for the 14-15 season. The guy would only be 27, probably 28 in a few months at that time.

Last edited:
That's true, but they aren't the only championship contending team where the 2nd option wasn't a high caliber player.

Look at the Knicks this year. Right up there with the top teams in the league, but they don't have a high caliber 2nd option (Tyson Chandler is a great defensive player, but not a high caliber player like Bosh, Griffin, Parker, etc)

The Pacers, Nuggets, and Bulls (without Rose) are all teams that are thriving and top seeded without a high caliber 2nd option.

All of those teams have a good coaching system and role players who can fit that system well. Right now the Raptors have Gay, Lowry, Derozan, and probably something decent in return for Bargnani once he gets traded. So what's stopping this team from being a top seeded team in the east with Gay as the best player?

I don't know, reality?
Common sense?
The entire recorded history of basketball?
The fact that Rudy Gay sucks?

All those teams have essentially 0% chance of winning the championship, so could the raptors grow into a team that has an essentially 0% chance of winning in the post season? Sure, they could, do I want them too? no.

Sheesh OKB you want Nerlens Noel that bad? You would rather have your team be a perennial bottom feeder than in the playoffs, or close to it?

Yea just like Joakim Noah is better than Marc Gasol right? :lol:

I would definitely like to see Iguodala be the go to guy on a team that can finish 4th in the West. He's not even the go to guy in Denver :lol: . Its debatable if they would even wanting him taking the last shot. They would probably rather have Lawson, Gallinari and Chandler take the shot.Yea just like Joakim Noah is better than Marc Gasol right? laugh.gif

I would definitely like to see Iguodala be the go to guy on a team that can finish 4th in the West. He's not even the go to guy in Denver laugh.gif . Its debatable if they would even wanting him taking the last shot. They would probably rather have Lawson, Gallinari and Chandler take the shot.
1. The Chicago Bulls have a very similar record to the Grizzlies without Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah as their best player, the difference between but some how you belive the difference between Marc Gasol and Joakim Noah is significant? Why? Marc Gasol has improved since I said that but still it remains not an unreasonable opinion to have.

2. Defense counts, Iggy is truly an incredible defender, in the Tony Allen, LeBron James class, I don't judge players strictly by their offensive contributions.

3. When Rudy is the best player, your team is very likley to be in the lottery, this is very difficult to escape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom