Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 year old budding stars normally don't take less money, so OKC is gonna have to offer the max now or match a max offer sheet later.
If you're willing to give him 52, ga'head & go to 60. It's only 2 mil more per year and it aint like Harden can be easily replaced.
And they'll only have to deal with the Lakers for 2 more years. After that, they'll have an almost guaranteed trip to the finals with their big 4

You sure about that.. They'll have $30-35 million in cap space in 2 years.

To sign who? Lebron? :lol: ok he's just gonna up & leave his best friend.

Outside of Lebron, the free agency class is garbage in '14.

EDIT: What in the **** OKC.

I do like Jeremy Lamb, though. But even if he gets as good as Harden they're gonna have to do what they just did to Harden which is the same reason why I was against them trading for Bradley Beal or any other SG in the draft.

Last edited:
i thought they might ride it out for one more year

They couldn't risk it.He's a restricted free agent next summer and everyone and their mama's knew he was going to a Max contract offer from literally 20 teams and the Thunder would have to match it and they weren't willing to do that.By that time they wouldn't be able to get draft picks for him.

Thunder literally made their decision and sealed Harden's fate when they gave Ibaka his new huge contract extension.

OKC is smart IMO instead of it being a distraction all year around they shipped him out to end it before it even started. Good move on their part.

i havent seen much of Lamb but its a decent deal, Martin isnt as good as Harden but he can score. Hopefully the picks are good.

OKC is dumb. How do you rush James harden only to get K mart and Lamb? Come on man, you KNOW HOW MANY TEAMS WOULD TRADE A STAR FOR JAMES HARDEN? Why rush it? The season hasn't even started yet? Bad management move. West Coast is now open!!!!

Naw its a smart move if they werent going to get a deal done. OKC doesnt have enough money to get a star in place of Harden, instead they get Martin, a nice prospect in Lamb, and future 1st round pics. I wish they could of kept Harden though :smh:

OKC is smart IMO instead of it being a distraction all year around they shipped him out to end it before it even started. Good move on their part.
i havent seen much of Lamb but its a decent deal, Martin isnt as good as Harden but he can score. Hopefully the picks are good.
OKC is dumb. How do you rush James harden only to get K mart and Lamb? Come on man, you KNOW HOW MANY TEAMS WOULD TRADE A STAR FOR JAMES HARDEN? Why rush it? The season hasn't even started yet? Bad management move. West Coast is now open!!!!
A star that needs to get paid... it's not like they hated Harden, they didn't want to pay him a max deal.

Why rush it? Because after negotiating and two sides failing to agree, what's left? Harden obviously knows how close they are to a championship, he knows his role on the team, so if he chose not to take the 52 million.. why would that change? Not to mention, they avoid having this negotiation hanging over the entire season..

Harden isn't that bad of a player, it's like having the big 3 with Durant, Westbrook & Harden. guess dude wanted that bread :lol:

Great trade for Every West team in contention but OKC..
Mavs pick is top 20 protected for 6 years.
The Raptors will probably be a lottery team but at the mid first round.
The team they needed to beat to get to the finals.. Now has 2 ways to **** on the Thunder...
As does SA, and the Clips.
In a couple years it will have been the right move... But right now LOL

It's Dallas' and Toronto's pick? Don't like the deal as much for OKC.

If Russ or KD goes down ala Derrick Rose, that team is yuck.

I don't know man, I know Harden was important, but if you tell me who I want to keep between Harden and Ibaka, I gotta keep Harden.

Harden was so good at getting to the basket, and he's an excellent shooter. Kevin Martin is also a good shooter, and it'll be interesting to see how he does on the Thunder, but he has always reeked of mediocrity to me.

I thought Lakers come out of the West before this trade, and this only solidifies it.

I still don't like the Rockets either. Asik and Lin are nice, but I'm just not thrilled by the rest of that squad. Getting Harden is a huge step forward though.

Does Harden stay a RFA?

Kevin Love can and will probably opt that summer. Pau's huge contract is up by then also.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Love ends up here and Kobe signs on for 1 last year at a lesser contract in the $15 million range.

Last edited:
yo the rcokets just traded what they were gonna give the magic for dwight, for james harden :lol:
No. The Rockets were prepared to give a lot more than. They've been wanting to trade K-Mart forever and we don't know what Lamb will be. The picks probably won't be anything special. I think we made out alright.

The key is how bad the raptors will be. I don't know. They have a decent core going and play in he east. Very curious about the pick protection

The Thunder got three draft picks as well. A first round pick from Toronto (via Lowry trade) that goes to them if it is anywhere in the 4-14 pick range, a Dallas first round pick (lottery protected until 2018) and a second round pick from Charlotte.

Damn OKC just did that. They'll probably end up getting Hardens production right back in a few years in Jeremy Lamb. While Martin is enough in the meantime.

Welp too late now.. They traded Harden and now the Lakers have a clear run for two more years

You also must not have looked at the FA list in 2014
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/
Yea, too late now :lol: .

And I was just looking at that list too.
All I see is Lebron, a bunch of restricted guys like Kyrie Irving, or 2nd tier guys like Iggy.

Last edited:
In all honesty, in a starting role, James is a better PG than Lin is. Just flip them two and let James run the offense more often than not.

That's not saying much. :lol:

Royce White when he's not taking his meds is a better PG than Jeremy Lin is.

The Thunder got three draft picks as well. A first round pick from Toronto (via Lowry trade) that goes to them if it is anywhere in the 4-14 pick range, a Dallas first round pick (lottery protected until 2018) and a second round pick from Charlotte.

NaS, does James stay a RFA?

They couldn't risk it.He's a restricted free agent next summer and everyone and their mama's knew he was going to a Max contract offer from literally 20 teams and the Thunder would have to match it and they weren't willing to do that.By that time they wouldn't be able to get draft picks for him.
Thunder literally made their decision and sealed Harden's fate when they gave Ibaka his new huge contract extension.
yeah i know. Harden stock was rising from day 1.

okc got a great deal. Kevin martin still a solid scorer in the league
Houston got that "max" player

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom