Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it, I ******g love it.

Note to small market teams, if you can't hold onto an asset negotiate from a position of strength, never allow the asset to limit your suitors or corrupt the market value and turn your team into a daily media circus. If your owner ain't about that luxury tax life, if the player waivers at all in his commitment to your organization do not hesitate SHIP, HIM OUT.

Last edited:
What the ****!! Went to go get some Sonic and come back and I'm reading this thread from backwards with all the Datz alive? and Kevin Martin and Houston talk and thought it was speculative until I see PMatic's post and **** got real

tumblr_mb90ajJo821rw5rky.gif

Good job Thunder! :lol:

Dallas pick is Top 20 protected until 2018

And the Raptors is guaranteed lottery... Chances are they are better than 10 teams this year..

Soooooo :lol:

I predicated OKC would decide to not extend Harden and trade him by the trade deadline.

Not shocked it happened earlier.

OKC is a small market.

I really wanted to see them give it one more shot this season.. but I'm impressed Presti pulled the trigger. No sense in dragging it out if it was clear the two sides couldn't work out... and rather than lose him for nothing, you get a nice return.

OKC gets a veteran scorer to fill the hole, along with a promising rookie

HOU gets their star

Harden gets his money

I love it, I ******g love it.
Note to small market teams, if you can't hold onto an asset negotiate from a position of strength, never allow the asset to limit your suitors or corrupt the market value and turn your team into a daily media circus. If your owner ain't about that luxury tax life, if the player waivers at all in his commitment to your organization do not hesitate SHIP, HIM OUT.

It is refreshing to see in today's NBA

And legit GM's make those deals out of nowhere

Unlike the Knicks and nets that leak every damn ounce of info

OKC is smart IMO instead of it being a distraction all year around they shipped him out to end it before it even started. Good move on their part.

i havent seen much of Lamb but its a decent deal, Martin isnt as good as Harden but he can score. Hopefully the picks are good.

James Harden to Dallas in 2013-2014.

Meh. :lol:

I think it's a great deal for OKC, if you think you would have lost him. Houston's two first round picks is how you stay young. Brilliant.

Do they give Harden a max deal?

OKC is smart IMO instead of it being a distraction all year around they shipped him out to end it before it even started. Good move on their part.
i havent seen much of Lamb but its a decent deal, Martin isnt as good as Harden but he can score. Hopefully the picks are good.
OKC is dumb. How do you rush James harden only to get K mart and Lamb? Come on man, you KNOW HOW MANY TEAMS WOULD TRADE A STAR FOR JAMES HARDEN? Why rush it? The season hasn't even started yet? Bad management move. West Coast is now open!!!!

WOW.....
great trade for okc.

Great trade for Every West team in contention but OKC..

Mavs pick is top 20 protected for 6 years.
The Raptors will probably be a lottery team but at the mid first round.

The team they needed to beat to get to the finals.. Now has 2 ways to **** on the Thunder...

As does SA, and the Clips.

In a couple years it will have been the right move... But right now LOL

Harden had a literally historically efficient season last yr though. Kevin Martin is more of just a chucker, he does get to the ft line too, but he doesn't create for others like James. Plus James is just fun to root for. I don't think I can convince myself to like Kevin Martin. I guess I'll have to watch more games, learn his backstory and find something to latch onto. Jeremy Lamb is going to be good though so I'm not mad at that, plus the picks and getting rid of 3 scrubs with it.

Welp, somebody call Maliah and tell her James is coming to town.

In all honesty, in a starting role, James is a better PG than Lin is. Just flip them two and let James run the offense more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom