Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

:nerd:

Sources tell ESPN's Chris Broussard that the Nets and Bobcats are discussing a trade centered around Kris Humphries and Ben Gordon.

Broussard is a dope, but if there has been discussion, I'm not sure why. I'm stumped. You get rid of questionably your best pure-shooter, one of your best scorers, and what do you get in return? Another big guy to battle on the inside? So that way you have Diop, Tyrus Thomas, Mullens, Warrick, Biyombo, Jeff Adrien, and Haywood ALL battling for front-court minutes? Why would Charlotte do that? They need all the scoring they can get. They aren't going to unload anyone else on Brooklyn because Gordon and Hump basically wash each others contracts out.

I just don't really see what Charlotte would have to gain by doing this, unless they include someone like Brooks, but it just doesn't really seem feasible.

^ I like that trade for BK. Does it really matter about the Bobcats though? MJ gonna MJ.
12 years you wylin.

Desmond Mason vs. Jason Richardson >>>>>>

I still do not get what's this hype behind White. Where does everybody know this guy from? Yall all watching dunk contests in your spare time or something?

James White just happens to be the best one legged jumper/dunker I and most have ever seen. Between the legs, windmill, doubled clutched dunks from the free throw line, go check it out.

I'm not "wylin" sir.
Don't get it twisted. You said this was gonna be the best dunk contest in the past 12 years. You wylin if Desmond Mason vs. Jason Richardson wasn't one of the best contest since Vince. Maybe you shoudl actually watch it before you just go on and on and on about James White.
12 years you wylin.

Desmond Mason vs. Jason Richardson >>>>>>

I still do not get what's this hype behind White. Where does everybody know this guy from? Yall all watching dunk contests in your spare time or something?
Clearly you reside under some type of rock.
I don't even make it a indulgence to watch dunk contests like that so I wouldn't know. I'm not checking out youtube vids or McDonald/college dunk contests to see who the next best dunker is.

This guy has been on my team and has not done one impressive dunk. I simply asked exactly what the hype is about since I have not seen anything that warrants it. No hate behind it. Clearly he has a rep for it but it's not like I had a reason to check dude out. Son has been on that one of the scrubs on the bench status all season.

EDIT

Now after watching those 2 vids on the last page I saw a lot of nice hang time ft line dunks but that's it. There was a thread made in general with a lot more creative dunks and all those guys were street ball players or d-leaguers.

Last edited:
Look those were al good dunk contests aight...but this one coming up i can atleast 4 of them will make it much competitive and all of are extremely good from White,Green to Ross and even bledsoe im sure has some tricks its gonna be right up there with the rest.

So, yall pretty much want to see James White do the same dunks that he usually does in every dunk contest AGAIN?
laugh.gif

No lie, I want to see it again myself, but its just funny thinking about it.
ya but how many people have seen them?

Josh smith and Desmond mason always get over looked for what they did the years they won

Sources tell ESPN's Chris Broussard that the Nets and Bobcats are discussing a trade centered around Kris Humphries and Ben Gordon.

Broussard is a dope, but if there has been discussion, I'm not sure why. I'm stumped. You get rid of questionably your best pure-shooter, one of your best scorers, and what do you get in return? Another big guy to battle on the inside? So that way you have Diop, Tyrus Thomas, Mullens, Warrick, Biyombo, Jeff Adrien, and Haywood ALL battling for front-court minutes? Why would Charlotte do that? They need all the scoring they can get. They aren't going to unload anyone else on Brooklyn because Gordon and Hump basically wash each others contracts out.

I just don't really see what Charlotte would have to gain by doing this, unless they include someone like Brooks, but it just doesn't really seem feasible.
who is his source this time?

Then Crawford is out and Griffin, CP3 & Billups are all gametime calls.

Battle of the benches.

We'll see. There's some indication that at least a few of the injured Clips might play:

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Good news for the Clips. Source tells me "everybody (Blake, CP, Chauncey, JC) is playing at this point." if no setbacks, it's on vs. Heat

Lebron is annoying, wish someone would shut his twitter down.

freakin coward, if you arent gonna do the dunk contest, FINE! but dont go talking about it anymore, idiot.

I like the potential move for the Nets... Gordon can spot up & that would free up the paint for Brook. Nets' 3 point shooting has been far from consistent this season & we need some help. Gordon has been quiet ever since he left Chicago, but I like the move if it goes down.

Charlotte has been targeting Humphries since the summer too.

freakin coward, if you arent gonna do the dunk contest, FINE! but dont go talking about it anymore, idiot.

Lolll you know he likes to taunt and get ppl to beg him. He knew what he was doing all the sports media was talking about it the next morning slurping his nuts it always works for him

ya but how many people have seen them?

Josh smith and Desmond mason always get over looked for what they did the years they won

I'm fine with Flight, but he has to bring something new.

And I agree, there have been some great dunk contests in the past 12 years.

Jason Richardson in 2003 was amazing. It was one of the best, yet people always talk about Vince or MJ or Nique.

2005 was dope too. A young Josh Smith? Sold.

Desmond was pretty good too.

The problem is that athleticism reached it's pinnacle in the early 2000s. There's only so many dunks you can do. There are great dunks each year, but there's also a ton of duds. The years of Vince Carter and Jason Richardson are over. They put together amazing dunk after amazing dunk. That's just not really possible anymore. You'll see one guy pull out all the stops for one dunk, but not for a whole dunk contest.

I'm satisfied with who they're throwing out there, but I just don't expect it to be as good as what we've seen before.

Innovation is what made the dunk contest so fun. I'm not talking about props either. We seen people jump over cars for YEARS. I don't care about someone slapping a sticker on a backboard, or using a taller hoop. Vince, Nique, and MJ didn't need to use those. They still wowed us. But, we still beg for new.

:lol:

will tnt air 50 greatest dunks this year? :nerd:

Last edited:
Im not trying to see LBJ in a dunk contest. He's more of a power dunker not a finesse or combo. He'll probably lose because of style points and then the fickle fans will turn on him again :lol:

But I can understand feeling like competing one day and then the next not wanting anything to do with the dunk contest.

If Bron ever did the dunk contest I'd be worried that he'd use gimmicks and hype and skits with P. Diddy or a little Asian kid. I don't doubt he could do something crazy physically but I'd assume he'd go the showmanship route

Clippers at full strength tonight, apparently:

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@LAClippers
Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Chauncey Billups ALL starting for Clippers tonight vs. Heat. Jamal Crawford will come off bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom