Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JasonLloydABJ: Cavs prepared to offer Greg Oden two year contract with option for third year: http://bit.ly/TVG7cw

Back to Ohio! (Maybe).

Last edited:
Hype becuase of skill> Hype becuase the league is forcing attention in his direction trying to make him a face of the league.

I know I'm replying mad late, but are we not talking about the most "exciting" rookie? I'm not out here saying that Blake is better than Kyrie because he's not. But people were wildin over Blake's dunks his rookie year. Kyrie hit a couple of game-winners and had some nice crossovers, but son wasn't seeing Blake in terms of excitement.

Don't get it twisted. You said this was gonna be the best dunk contest in the past 12 years. You wylin if Desmond Mason vs. Jason Richardson wasn't one of the best contest since Vince. Maybe you shoudl actually watch it before you just go on and on and on about James White.

What are you so angry about? Did you have a bad day? You alright duke?

You asked about James White and I, along with others, answered your question. I've seen the Mason and Richardson slam dunk contest, it was great, I'm not debating that. Maybe you need to brush up on your English but I said "this may be the greatest dunk contest in 12 years". Key word brotha, "may be". No need to derail this thread start a debate when no ones arguing.

Chill bro, take a deep breath, you'll be fine.

Last edited:
I know I'm replying mad late, but are we not talking about the most "exciting" rookie? I'm not out here saying that Blake is better than Kyrie because he's not. But people were wildin over Blake's dunks his rookie year. Kyrie hit a couple of game-winners and had some nice crossovers, but son wasn't seeing Blake in terms of excitement.

This. Blake's rookie year he had people checking highlight shows every night just to see what he did, especially after the NY game when he dunked on Mosgov. You can't say the same thing about Irving's rookie season.

People are saying they've already seen James White's dunks, but you're forgetting that the vast majority of NBA fans have never seen him before.

I can say that just on a pure athleticism basis, the stuff he was doing in that NCAA dunk contest back in the day (vs Chris Douglas Roberts I think) was a cut above anyone who's ever been in the NBA dunk contest, except maybe Gerald Green.

People will go nuts when they see White, trust.

Hype becuase of skill> Hype becuase the league is forcing attention in his direction trying to make him a face of the league.
Kyrie wasnt given the exposure that Blake was. We were force fed Blake. He was on the front page of NBA.com every other week. Kyrie was out there throwing up fantastic numbers and playing out of his mind, and not a peep because the NBA and most media outlets have agendas. If you want to talk about it in regards of the casual fan, then I guess Blake would get it, cause they made sure you knew his name and hes all in our faces, but in terms of being a basketball aficionado, the answer is Kyrie.

If only wall didn't get hurt

they still wouldnt be in the top 8 :lol:
Why not? They're a game or two above .500 with Wall in the lineup. That's over ~20 or so games so it's not just a little streak. They would definitely have been in the playoff hunt if not for the injuries.

Washington isn't a bad team suddenly getting fluky wins. They're top 10 in defense, and Wall and co. run the floor well and can beat a lot of teams in transition.

Kyrie wasnt given the exposure that Blake was. We were force fed Blake. He was on the front page of NBA.com every other week. Kyrie was out there throwing up fantastic numbers and playing out of his mind, and not a peep because the NBA and most media outlets have agendas. If you want to talk about it in regards of the casual fan, then I guess Blake would get it, cause they made sure you knew his name and hes all in our faces, but in terms of being a basketball aficionado, the answer is Kyrie.

force fed?

blake put up great numbers and filled the seats. he was posterizing cats on a nightly basis. his style of play screams "fan favorite."
regular people relate to guards more than bigs, but there is a reason why blake is amongst the leaders in jersey sales. the clippers are on TV weekly b/c of the work he did his rookie season when he wasn't on television

don't let your disdain for dude blind you of his appeal. you speak this 'aficionado' talk like BG didn't have one of the best individual rookie season in the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom