Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan and Brent Barry did it in different years though. Kenny Smith did the Dunk and 3 Point in the same year. Just went right from one event to the next. 
laugh.gif

I knew Jordan and Kenny. I just figured this was the first time in 20 years...but Brent. :rofl:

It's nothing different than Dirk did for years. Dirk's more of a paint player now than he ever was in his prime.

Durant just does it to a greater, more impactful way.

Either way, I still think LeBron is the hands-down MVP, at least to me.

It's nothing different than Dirk did for years. Dirk's more of a paint player now than he ever was in his prime.

Not hands down. They're both having historically great years. It's basically a toss-up to me at this point. Sucks that one of them isn't gonna win it because they're both deserving.

Not hands down. They're both having historically great years. It's basically a toss-up to me at this point. Sucks that one of them isn't gonna win it because they're both deserving.
Agreed. Both guys are deserving, whoevers team finishes out the year the strongest will take it.

Last edited:
Can y'all dead bombarding this thread with incessant Phil Jackson pics after every Laker loss?

It was funny the first few hundred times, but like most funny things on NikeTalk y'all take it and completely run it into the ground.

It's to the point where if I ever meet Phil in person, I'll steal off on him and punch him in the face.

Can't even enjoy Lakers' losses now because this thread turns into a PYPP.
mean.gif

Did Brent Barry do two foul line dunks in the same dunk contest? :lol: :pimp:

Oh and Pam Oliver is the easy choice when a Miller is the other option.

Last edited:
Did Brent Barry do two foul line dunks in the same dunk contest? :lol: :pimp:

Oh and Pam Oliver is the easy choice when a Miller is the other option.

My favorite thing ever was a line on Wikipedia (I think it was on the Slam Dunk page, not Barry's page) that said "Brent Barry is the only white boi to win the dunk contest". Yes, spelled "b-o-i".

Paul George is a game shooter I dont understand why hes there. I also thought Klay Thompson should go, but eh what can you do about it. Maybe next year.

They need to split MVP this year more than ever. Every year it becomes a topic but theres little reason to actually go though with it, but this year it has to be done. You cant rob one of these guys from getting it when they both fully deserve it.

I haven't watched a dunk contest in years but Terrance Ross, James White, and Gerald Green?

This may be the best contest in 12 years.

I don't get it tho, they're playing on the same dunk "team"? How does that work?

Osh should love this :lol:

Gaystayed hot Wednesday, scoring 25 point(8-24 FG, 1-7 3Pt, 8-8 FT)) with 12 rebounds, four steals and three assists.

Last edited:
I haven't watched a dunk contest in years but Terrance Ross, James White, and Gerald Green?

This may be the best contest in 12 years.

I don't get it tho, they're playing on the same dunk "team"? How does that work?
I'm guessing the standard winners still apply, and then theyre going to total up scores from each guys team to see which team

1st round one guy from each team gets eliminated then their scores are added up

2nd round one guy from each team gets eliminated then their scores are added up

3rd round whoever wins wins, and then their scores are added into the team total then the team totals are tabulated.

That seems like the simplest way  but I hope it isnt cause then Green and White wont be dunking against each other at all.

The NBA can never get things right.

You trot out the best dunk lineup in years...and then add a stupid *** "team" aspect to it. Now the two best dunkers in the field can't square off against each other.

Osh should love this :lol:

Gaystayed hot Wednesday, scoring 25 point(8-24 FG, 1-7 3Pt, 8-8 FT)) with 12 rebounds, four steals and three assists.

:lol: someone really needs to tell this guy to stick to the midrange and the post.. Shooting 7 3's is ridiculous for him unless he was hot already.

Love his game but SMH @ George in the 3PT Contest, I know he makes & takes alot of em but there were plenty of better candidates..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom