Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO SPURS GO!!!
STAY KINGS STAY!!!?

laugh.gif

So Mateen Cleaves was just the point god of the team??? Wasn't a leading scorer or stud or nothing, but a leader and capable player on the floor?

Pretty much. He was clearly the heart of the team and the leader, but didn't do anything real spectacular on the floor, at least that I can remember.

I did not... I was like 11 or 12 years old, I only just started watching college ball a few years ago 
ohwell.gif

pls tell me more

That team was raw man. Mateen Cleaves was a god for them. Along with their lefty two guard, who's name is escaping me right now. He actually had a decent career in the NBA unlike Mateen.
Mo Peterson?

So Mateen Cleaves was just the point god of the team??? Wasn't a leading scorer or stud or nothing, but a leader and capable player on the floor?

the guys that made it to the league were zbo, jrich, charlie bell, mo pete, and mateen. am i missing others? i know they had other role players. i know marcus left early, but cant remember if he got minutes in the league

25 Aloysius Anagonye Sophomore 6-8 260
44 Jason Andreas Freshman 6-10 250
55 Adam Ballinger Junior 6-9 250
14 Charlie Bell Senior 6-3 200
20 Mike Chappell Senior 6-9 215
34 Andre Hutson Senior 6-8 240
11 Matt Ishbia Sophomore 5-10 175
50 Zach Randolph Freshman 6-9 270
23 Jason Richardson Sophomore 6-6 220
10 Brandon Smith Senior 5-10 165
1 Marcus Taylor Freshman 6-3 195
11 David Thomas Senior 6-7 205
3 Adam Wolfe Freshman 6-9 230

that's a lot of talent :nerd:

didnt he return from injury and lead the team to the final four a yr earlier?

Last edited:
Dwights not really leaving 30 million on the table though. He would be getting another massive contract somewhere after this next one finishes out

Correct.

The 30 mil is basically just another year or so.

So instead of 5 years 100 mill with one team, he could do 6 130ish with us. (not these exact numbers, but ballparked that's how it works out)

I think 30 mil overstates it a little. At the end of that 5 year contract, he's due for another extension. He'd recoup most of that money in year 6 anyway if he's still playing well. Yeah the Laker contract is bigger but he's not straight up turning down 30 million dollars.

Also - serious question - did you feel this way when he was Orlando? Because that's what Otis Smith was saying and I didn't believe that Dwight would stay strictly because of money.

If the team was doing well, Dwight would never leave but with everything going wrong, he definitely has an "out" in the public eye.

Dave McMenamin @mcten
Dwight on Kobe pressing him to play: "That's his opinion, that's it. He's not a doctor, I'm not a doctor. That's his opinion."

:lol:

Dave McMenamin @mcten Nash on Dwight: "I think everyone has got to play through some pain in this league ..."

Now you got Nash taking shots at dwight? What a great teammater. :frown:

"He's doing great and [he is] a great teammate," World Peace said. "He's out there, he had a couple 20-20 games and is averaging 18 and 11 or something like that playing hurt coming off that back surgery. I would say he's a soldier and I'm not going to question his injury. He's hurt to me. We have to go out there and we have to hold it down for him."

WOW

Last edited:
Dwight would not be getting a massive contract after his next one. He'll be at least 31 by the time his next free agency hits and will a team give another max deal to a 31 year old center who has logged 13 years of league play already and will be hitting the downward slope of his career.

Last edited:
Not at all.

How?

Talent wise they would be better than any team in the West not named OKC. We saw what happened when Dwight had great shooting around him in Orlando and he never had a perimeter player like Harden.

The Spurs will be a year older and slower, if that Memphis team could beat them idk how a Rockets team with Dwight 100% & not on his soapbox can't.

Dwight would not be getting a massive contract after his next one. He'll be at least 31 by the time his next free agency hits and will a team give another max deal to a 31 year old center who has logged 13 years of league play already and will be hitting the downward slope of his career.

In the NBA? **** yes. Got some terrible GM's and desperate franchises.

He could always get hurt crossing the street however. I can see why someone would want that 30 mils

Last edited:

He'd be older than that. 32-33 as he'll be 27 when he signs his next deal.

Props to Metta for his statement.

But one thing to remember with Dwight.

Would he rather be a 200 millionaire (counting the money he has now) and get harassed in the media every day or a 170 millionaire with the ability to smile and frolic?

This isn't like me or you leaving 30 million on the table. And he technically isn't leaving 30 mil. He would at least get a 12 mill contract following this max deal. So it's like 18 mill.

I applaud Dwight for basically saying "Who is Kobe that I should have to answer to him?"

Kudos.

It's whatever. Kobe got his rings already. Dwight needs to man up and get his. No reason why the most dominant Center in the League for the past however many years has 0 rings. That's weak. He needs to stop being a prima donna and start bangin' heads.

James White doesn't strike me as someone who will use props.

Let's hope the other contestants are the same.

Let the beauty, difficulty, and skill of the dunk itself speak. Not the props or gimmicks.

I applaud Dwight for basically saying "Who is Kobe that I should have to answer to him?"

Kudos.

It's whatever. Kobe got his rings already. Dwight needs to man up and get his. No reason why the most dominant Center in the League for the past however many years has 0 rings. That's weak. He needs to stop being a prima donna and start bangin' heads.

Dwight really isn't dominant though. It's only a few real Centers in the league so he doesn't have much competition. He's a great defender and rebounder but he has no post game.

Kudos.

What does having rings have to do you with you disrespecting him as a man?

This is the problem, you think his rings give him the right to say whatever he pleases and that's not the case. Dwight said it best "This is my career I have to do whats best for me. If i go down the next day you guys just move on, no one is going to take care of me. I have to do that."

If Kobe or anyone else can't respect that they're living in a fantasy world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom