Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care what Dwight says. Nobody in this day in age...ESPECIALLY after the revisions to the CBA is going to leave that much money on the table.
And that's all it boils down too. Y'all can browse these silly scenarios for months, but no one is taking that pay cut to go to situations in Houston or Dallas that aren't even markedly better. I don't even think there's a 5% chance that he leaves, despite all this silly media ****. Not even really a story here. 

laugh.gif

AYO @ Blake. That must be some inside joke nut tapping game. Parsons was ready.
Dwight Howard said on Thursday that he will not put his career at undue risk to save the Los Angeles Lakers' season.

"I mean, why wouldn't I want to play?" said Howard when challenged by a reporter. "But, at the same time, this is my career, this is my future, this is my life. I can't leave that up to anybody else because nobody else is going to take care of me. So, if people are pissed off that I don't play or if I do play, whatever it may be, so what? This is my career. If I go down, then what? Everybody's life is going to go on. I don't want to have another summer where I'm rehabbing and trying to get healthy again. I want to come back and have another great year. That's what I want to do."

Howard, who is a free agent this summer, has been dealing with persistent shoulder issues.

I think Dwight might leave in the off season. I don't think he wants to deal with this type of pressure. The rockets are his best bet IMO. Big market but not cutthroat like la or ny. Harden is the star. Jeremy Lin will take his share of attention too. And Dwight can be Dwight.
So yall gonna be ready to dump Lopez and JJ's contracts to sign Dwight right? Can't sign him any other way I think unless LAL is down for a s&t

Don't get me wrong I actually wanted Dwight on the Nets, Josh Smith now too.

As much as he's revealed himself to be so much of a clown, I do feel bad for Dwight with these injuries. He literally was injury free for most of his career and he was dominating effortlessly with the lack of big men in the league. To me it was always him that was making LAL a title contender but that back injury has led to shoulder injuries and all other kinds of things and he has looked like a shell of himself all season.

Would be funny if he left all that money on the table though :lol:

Was Mateen Cleaves even good in college?? How was he the 14th pick in 2000 
laugh.gif

If he can't take the pressure in LA why in the world would he want to go to NY? Media already starting to turn on deron and they are going to make the playoffs.

laugh.gif

You must not watched those Mich St days...
I did not... I was like 11 or 12 years old, I only just started watching college ball a few years ago 
ohwell.gif

pls tell me more

Lol yeah they went to the final four won it all for Mich St and won MOP then went pro. Not everyone that has a great college career pans out in the league just look up on Christian Laettner prime example.

laugh.gif

I did not... I was like 11 or 12 years old, I only just started watching college ball a few years ago 
ohwell.gif

pls tell me more
Lol yeah they went to the final four won it all for Mich St and won MOP then went pro. Not everyone that has a great college career pans out in the league just look up on Christian Laettner prime example.
Ah gotcha. Its weird how it can go the other way too, where players were bad college players but good pros, like Russy or Jrue 

Didn't Laettner actually do ok for the first few years?? 

Would be funny if he left all that money on the table though :lol:

Just how much might Dwight possibly be leaving on the table if he leaves LA??

30 mil, give or take.
and this is just the contract?

Correct.

The 30 mil is basically just another year or so.

So instead of 5 years 100 mill with one team, he could do 6 130ish with us. (not these exact numbers, but ballparked that's how it works out)

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

pls tell me more

Ah gotcha. Its weird how it can go the other way too, where players were bad college players but good pros, like Russy or Jrue 

14th overall pick isnt that much of a risk. teams that draft in that position just missed the playoffs. i dont think mateen was looked at as a savior when detroit drafted him. i didnt see him as a future all-star or anything like that. he was a great leader and solid player, but you could tell he was still limited as far as being a great pro.

him being from michigan played a factor in him being drafted by detroit. he did get time on the court as a rookie, so it wasnt like he was rotting on the bench. when he was traded to sac, those teams were loaded, he wasnt going to get any burn.

14th overall pick isnt that much of a risk. teams that draft in that position just missed the playoffs. i dont think mateen was looked at as a savior when detroit drafted him. i didnt see him as a future all-star or anything like that. he was a great leader and solid player, but you could tell he was still limited as far as being a great pro.

him being from michigan played a factor in him being drafted by detroit. he did get time on the court as a rookie, so it wasnt like he was rotting on the bench. when he was traded to sac, those teams were loaded, he wasnt going to get any burn.
He was just on the radio here in Sac. The dude sounds like the ultimate teammate. Bench Mob 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

pls tell me more

That team was raw man. Mateen Cleaves was a god for them. Along with their lefty two guard, who's name is escaping me right now. He actually had a decent career in the NBA unlike Mateen.

ohwell.gif

pls tell me more
That team was raw man. Mateen Cleaves was a god for them. Along with their lefty two guard, who's name is escaping me right now. He actually had a decent career in the NBA unlike Mateen.
Mo Peterson?

So Mateen Cleaves was just the point god of the team??? Wasn't a leading scorer or stud or nothing, but a leader and capable player on the floor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom