Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My browser wont load NT all the way again so I have to do this.@CPI feel like we've learned from the other Jefferson fiasco (his first name will not be said, he does not deserve it) to where we wont jump the gun and give up the farm for Al. If we can get him for a small amount we will, if not we'll just ride out with what we have, and hopefully Pop takes my fantastic coaching advice and shortens the rotation come playoff time.Quote:angry:AG.I agree, its a fair assessment, but you see changes in the way theyre playing, especially on the defensive end, to where you know it wont be the same this year. The PPG allowed and the ranking is basically the same, but you see a lot more physicality and ball pressure out of them.It wont even take my tabs.....

Last edited:
Dwight Howard said on Thursday that he will not put his career at undue risk to save the Los Angeles Lakers' season.

"I mean, why wouldn't I want to play?" said Howard when challenged by a reporter. "But, at the same time, this is my career, this is my future, this is my life. I can't leave that up to anybody else because nobody else is going to take care of me. So, if people are pissed off that I don't play or if I do play, whatever it may be, so what? This is my career. If I go down, then what? Everybody's life is going to go on. I don't want to have another summer where I'm rehabbing and trying to get healthy again. I want to come back and have another great year. That's what I want to do."

Howard, who is a free agent this summer, has been dealing with persistent shoulder issues.

I think Dwight might leave in the off season. I don't think he wants to deal with this type of pressure. The rockets are his best bet IMO. Big market but not cutthroat like la or ny. Harden is the star. Jeremy Lin will take his share of attention too. And Dwight can be Dwight.

Dwight Howard said on Thursday that he will not put his career at undue risk to save the Los Angeles Lakers' season.

..........and with that being said the Lakers might as well trade Dwight and get it over with before the deadline before he ends up leaving the Lakers with nothing in return at the end of the season.

Pretty much all. He's an advance stat junkie that knows nothing about the game and the new Grizz owner thought it would be a good idea to give him a job. There's a reason he couldn't get another NBA gig after his short tenure with the Spurs.
LOL. So now he knows nothing about the game? Rudy Gay was on an awful contract and he's the type of player who holds a franchise hostage by never reaching his potential, but putting up good scoring numbers and ignorant fans are fooled into thinking that he's a centerpiece. 

"I mean, why wouldn't I want to play?" said Howard when challenged by a reporter. "But, at the same time, this is my career, this is my future, this is my life. I can't leave that up to anybody else because nobody else is going to take care of me. So, if people are pissed off that I don't play or if I do play, whatever it may be, so what? This is my career. If I go down, then what? Everybody's life is going to go on. I don't want to have another summer where I'm rehabbing and trying to get healthy again. I want to come back and have another great year. That's what I want to do."

Howard, who is a free agent this summer, has been dealing with persistent shoulder issues.

I think Dwight might leave in the off season. I don't think he wants to deal with this type of pressure. The rockets are his best bet IMO. Big market but not cutthroat like la or ny. Harden is the star. Jeremy Lin will take his share of attention too. And Dwight can be Dwight.
Hes exactly right, and nothing in me ever thought Dwight would stay, except for them winning it all. Yeah he's sensitive and handled a lot of things in orlando wrong especially not showing up for his own camp where little kids wanted to see him. But you really cant be mad if he leaves to find someplace he's truly happy at.

Off topic. But for you GP lovers. He's on sportsnation right now 
wink.gif

Hes exactly right, and nothing in me ever thought Dwight would stay, except for them winning it all. Yeah he's sensitive and handled a lot of things in orlando wrong especially not showing up for his own camp where little kids wanted to see him. But you really cant be mad if he leaves to find someplace he's truly happy at.
I can def feel where Dwight Howard is coming from.
Even with him playing gasol is still out and dantoni at the helm they aren't going ANYWHERE.
I wouldn't put my career at risk just so the team can get a better record. They aren't going anywhere. Its pointless . If im the lakers fo hes clearly leaving trade his ***.

Don't care what Dwight says. Nobody in this day in age...ESPECIALLY after the revisions to the CBA is going to leave that much money on the table.

I'd love to see a healthy Dwight on that Rockets team.

Harden + that outside shooting? Instantly puts them in them in the OKC/Spurs conversation
Factor in that Mchale knows how to work with big men as well.
Who knows what will happen though.

The NBA announced the following participants, coached by James Harden and Russell Westbrook, for the All-Star weekend Celebrity Game:

Josh Hutcherson, Ne-Yo, Kevin Hart, Trey Songz, Common, Usain Bolt, Nick Cannon, Terrence J, Arne Duncan, Maya Moore, Bruce Bowen, Clyde Drexler, Dikembe Mutombo and Sean Elliot.

The game will be played on Friday, February 15 at 7:00 PM ET.
Bet you Russ gets ejected from this game :lol:

You never coulda told me that I'd hate a player that didn't play for my team more than The Decision's LeBron, but Dwight's gonna make a case this summer, isn't he? :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom