[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

laugh.gif
@ callin castillo "slappy"

lol @ that pic. Once Heilman gave up yet another homerun, I just started watching The Office with my girl, funny #!@ episode.
laugh.gif

word? good to know. i dvr'd my name is earl, the office, and the greatest show of all time, LOST.

good mini-series, we had to get at least one win vs the hated mets. we did it fantastic fashion tonight, 10 runs. that offensive outburst came outta nowhere!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Castilo has a .300 avg his last 10, and his obp (regardless of his poor start) is higher than Reyes. Maybe they should swap 1 and 2.

i see you guys are frustrated with delgado....

the nationals have the solution to your 1b problems:

captb124162908fc40008cdop1.jpg

seriously, y'all interested?
roll.gif

I would prefer Nikcy @ 1B with his high OBP, but shoot...Dmitri is def an upgrade at this point.

Mez you'll gladly take Teixeira right? Cause i just asked Yankee fans if they'd like to have him and they said not really to much $ even though Yankeeshave it.

Both Mets and Yankees need a great 1B badly and the Braves won't be paying Tex the money Boras is seeking.

Tex will be too expensive (yanks will probably get him).....Mets will probably get the alternative such as Adam Dunn or something (low avg but hits for powerand always has a high obp).

It doesn't matter to me, its not my money.

Hellmans = Trash = The Absolute Worst = If I only had a 3rd Pitch = Slouch
Sosa = Conyo = Add To The Fire = Horrible
Delgado = Overpaid = Washed Up = Blind = Done With

You know what's crazy. If Carlos Delgado was a rookie and he performed like this he would have been sent down to St. Lucie quick fast in a hurry. Becausehe's a veteran and we pay him all this money we have to stick it out and hope he becomes the player he used to be. Us that see him play everyday have seenhim decline with each at bat. He is done and when I mean done I mean done. He's not even DH material in the A.L. because he can't hit. You think hewould have taught himself to hit opposite field by now. I saw him miss a pitch the other night by like a foot. At this point I kinda wish we would have keptPiazza at first at least he would have gotten a hit once in a while. He's like an automatic out in the lineup along with Cassanova. We should have gottenrid of Delgado,Heilman, and Sosa when they at least had a lil bit of value. At this point we would be lucky to get a bag of munchos and a quarter water forthem. Gonna be a long year playin' like this. Willie might just be the new Isiah.

Very tough weekend. Only issues in our en are Sosa and Heilman......hopefully our starters (besides Santana) can go beyond 5.2-6 innings for a change, becausewhen we use our pen starting in the 7th or 8th with a lead its usually an automatic win with Feliiano, Sanchez and Wags.

As for Willie, he needs to TEST these starters at times. Ollie walked the first 2 batters in the 5th, but then gets the next two outs, and Willie takes him outto throw the Heilman/Milledge matchup?

LOL @ Willie's post game comments:

"Theres no approach against a guy you've never seen before.".

:lol: He should have stated that before the game, so I would not have wasted my time flipping channels between the few games on tonight.

"No, the team is not in a slump, they just need to execute better".

Um....Reyes, Wright, and Beltran haven't hit since the last game of the Philly series....and Delgado hasn't even hit since the 1st week of the season.

At least Harold Reynolds has some sense. Jurjens threw 45 pitches in one inning and walked 4, you put the game away right then and there and take the opponentout the game.

This team has a below .500 record since June 1st of last season. Let me repeat that.....the Mets have a below .500 record since June 1st of last season.

I hope Mike Carpenter gets promoted to AAA asap because he's been crushing the ball in AA with a .450 average.

PS: It was also comforting to hear the SNY Booth put the team in perspective, especially Ron Darlings comments about maintaing the same"mantra" throughout the entire year, b/c we all saw where that got them last year. 2006 was magical but the injuries did them in, but that was twoyears ago and they need to understand that things won't simply come to them. Yes, it is April and it is extremely early (a .500 team in April with a touchschedule), and when you have 5 solid starters you have a good chance to play meaningful September games......but you can't throw problems under a rug andexpect things to change on their own.

1. Delgado 4 out of his last 45.
2. Beltran 4 out of his last 43.
3. Wright 0 for last 18.
4. Reyes 1 for last 21.
That's 5 out of the last 127 AB which equals .039 B.A.

5. last in NL in Homeruns
6. 14th out of 16 in hits in the NL.

Funks happen....but it was sickening to hear David Wright speak in the same manner/tone Willie does, Willie should have been given the pink slip lastseason. This team just looks absolutely lifeless since JUNE 1ST OF 2008. They do not look prepared, and that all falls on the manager.

Nobody watching? Gearing up for the draft or something?

We actually had a productive inning...and off Hudson. He looks very ordinary so far today, now we just can't let up.

After my vent last night, I hope you guys follow my lead and start wearing Fire Willy t-shirts.

Maine has a very high pitch count, that means the pen will come out early and you will see Heilman or Sosa....which means the Mets will lose.

They will most likely stop scoring as well.

i totally forgot the game was on i just tuned in but i'll be either switching over or doing picture in picture when the draft starts

lol it's Mike Carp Mez...but yeah he is beasting. I REALLY hope he continues this so we dont overpay for Tex.

And Willie should have been gone last year.

nothing i dislike more than watching the mets lose to the braves.

i really hope they build on this lead, because the relieving pitchers have proven that they can't hold on to it.

nice triple by pagan. need to bring him home!

i feel bad for heilman, but he's not playing well. it was kind of bizarro to see delgado offering heilman moral support

damn, pagan is out! damn.

I really wanna see Carp get a shot at this point, Delgado is useless. If he wasn't Carlos Delgado and Willie wasn't a stubborn !%%**@*%@*@@, he wouldnot be on this team right now.

Carp is still in AA, he def should get promoted to AAA, but last thing we need is to rush yet another kid. Let him get his work, along with Fernando.

'bout time....the odd couple came on

(that "win" was too close for comfort, but at least they held onto the lead)

Back
Top Bottom