[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

indifferent.gif
@ FIRE WILLIE

What a beautiful catch, Church has done it all this year (never knew he was this god defensively).

Delgado just said "#%%! you" to the fans by not taking that curtain call....and I LOVE IT!

He is def finished and I hope he can prove me wrong, but his bat speed is just not there anymore. Damn fans and their booing makes me sick.

i honestly have no problem with carlos not coming out for a curtain call there because his homerun was basically a meaningless insurance run

it wasn't game changing or anything it was a basically an rbi single

if we were down 3-2 and he hit a 2 run bomb to give us the lead and then didn't give a curtain call i may be a bit pertubed

i think delgado probably just took the humble route as perhaps he doesn't feel deserving of a curtain call since sucking so bad for the last two years

i really do think that's the type of guy he is or at least has been forced to become since his many no-shows at the plate

glad they won today

I didn't get to see them game, but I don't blame Delgado. I don't boo players like that, just don't agree with it. It'd be nice to thinkthat the curtain call was just encouragement and to let him know that we're behind him (No Shinjo) but I don't even think that's the case.

It was surprising to see that Hudson AND Smoltz off their games like that. What's the word on Alou though, I swear I heard on the radio that the MRI saidhis ankle is fractured. Not like I'd be shocked or anything.

i didn't watch the game today either but it's good to see delgado get some love !... even though i believe he is done and his days as a Met are doneafter the year. i onder how we are gonna approach the hole at 1st. would we fix from within the organization , or go sign someone as a short term solutionagain?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Delgado just said "#%%! you" to the fans by not taking that curtain call....and I LOVE IT!

Damn fans and their booing makes me sick.

I am a Met fan myself and I will be perfectly honest...I cannot stand other Met fans....How are you gunna boo Johan Santana in his first start at Shea?People here will say they disagree with it and whatever but they were probably the ones who were booing too....It's ridiculous. Thats why I've beenstaying away from Shea Stadium even though its one of my favorite places to be in the world.

Good win by the Mets but No Chipper = Braves lose and also Yunel Escobar was out of this series because a mishandled bunt that broke his nail. Today Smoltz wasticked off because of the cold rainy weather and all his past wins he played in hot humid weather, Hudson was off saturday he got rocked.

A lot of Mets fans boo their own players like Sosa, Heilman, Delgado, Schoeneweis, Castillo all night these players were booed i don't blame the Mets fansbecause they aren't really good players, but to boo Santana in his first start was just dumb.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

A lot of Mets fans boo their own players like Sosa, Heilman, Delgado, Schoeneweis, Castillo all night these players were booed i don't blame the Mets fans because they aren't really good players

I still blame them....you dont boo your own players....end of story

I don't boo any of Braves players there are players i dislike but i don't boo them but its different, the New York media (yankees and mets) both tendto start this negative thing and the fans follow along.

Well, the booing has come very very early this year, but its all mainly because of how last season ended, so there is def. very little patience with the fansthis season (which is terrible b/c you need A LOT of patience in baseball period).

Some positives are Castillo, Beltrans clutch hit yesterday, Gado today, Sanchez/Wagner/Smith in the pen. Even Scho has been great this year b/c he's beenused correctly. Props to Figgy though, he's been a pleasant surprise this year.

I'm surprised Mets took 2 out of 3 with a slumping Reyes and Wright, so hopefully they can get back to their normal ways asap.Mets MUST win the series vs.the Pirates at home, no excuse (or sweep).

They play @ ARI for 3 games and then @ Dodgers. The Diamondbacks are off to a very fast start, but they should take 2 out of 3 @ LA and try to steal one @ ARIto finish with a 3-3 road trip. One positive is that the Mets have simply DOMINATED @ ARIZONA the past few years, they seem to click on all cylinders at thatpark.

One series at a time.

I am not fond of Gotay lots of Mets fans miss him but he doesn't bring much for the Braves he is usually last to be chosen as a backup others play ratherthan Gotay he is the last resort of utility players.

Citi Field looking great hope to watch some games there next year but i hope the prices are fair but not Yankee (OD prices)
sick.gif

noim8n.jpg

2hn0qe0.jpg

33cy7fs.jpg

Citi Field looking great hope to watch some games there next year but i hope the prices are fair but not Yankee (OD prices)

Fewer seats by the thousands = price increase.

One positive is that the Mets have simply DOMINATED @ ARIZONA the past few years

I still vividly remember Easley's 3-run bomb in the 8th during a game in that series. Then we got rocked in LA and Detroit.

Why the hell is Delgado turnin down the curtain call such a big deal..?

It disgusts me how much baseball takes control of the NY media.

Mike & the Mad Dog were hyping the hell out of that $$@% today, I was in the car for 5 minutes and I had to turn that mess off. New York media market ishuge, the more you have to talk about, the higher your numbers are and money > all. Controversy sells, so if there's opportunity to build something offthat, they will absolutely run with it.

I'm kinda happy tonight's game is postponed...I get to see Johan tomorrow night.

i had tickets to the game tonight so does that mean that i just go to shea and exchange/ get a refund or are the tickets useful

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

i had tickets to the game tonight so does that mean that i just go to shea and exchange/ get a refund or are the tickets useful
yea just go to the box office and they'll give u similar tickets to a different game.

I think the tickets from tonight's game are good towards the rescheduled game on August 11th. Don't quote me on that though.

The only thing that infuriates me is that this UMP has called the borderline strikes to Santana balls ALL DAY!!!!

...and yet with the bases loaded on a 3-2 count, Church gets a pitch that is at LEAST 6-7 inches off the plate and gets called for a strikeout.

Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom