[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Oh yea.....Sosa is coming in, Cubs are going to show the Mets how to hit a grand salami.

You called it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ronny Cedeno
sick.gif

Man here I was ready to flip out on Ronny for already leaving 7 men on base, I was honestly thinking he was gonna put up a 10 spot. But wow, Cubs arerollin' man. This is crazy.

eek.gif
GRAND SLAM CEDENO!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WOW! HOLY @#$#!
roll.gif
Good two game series Metropolitans. We'll see you in Shea the last week ofthe season.
happy.gif
pimp.gif
grin.gif

Oh yea.....Sosa is coming in, Cubs are going to show the Mets how to hit a grand salami.

roll.gif
No way you called that. Nice prediction.

Why we get just two with you at home, and ya'll get 4 at home over us? That bites.

There is a reason I stopped watching, I know my team too well.
laugh.gif

I do not understand the point of a 2 game series, but thank god the Nats are next with Santana pitching tomm.

This B-lineup that Willie puts together is pathetic (cost us about 10 games alone last season), and it also doesn't help that Beltran is in his stretchwhere he's the easiest out in the lineup. Mets had the bases loaded 3 times today and it cam down to the "3rd stringers" to drive them in....goodjob.

This specific prediction pertained to a different bases loaded situation in which the Cubs managed to only score 1 run in the 7th inning.
Who knew Mezswords would ring true......in the 8th.

2v1rzhy.jpg

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season. Thanks for letting us take over your thread.
tongue.gif

What the hell is Sosa's era. i know he inherits runners but God Damn it man, can't he ever get us out of jam or a tight situation. Is that the 3rdGranny hes given up already. Mets are pathetic and 2 runs in 2 games is not going to cut it. Come on Castro and get healthy quick I just can't standwatching this fat out of shape Casanova cat come to the plate. This will be a very long season......

I do not understand the point of a 2 game series, but thank god the Nats are next with Santana pitching tomm.
we beat santana last yr, we'll do it again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that's about as far as my cockiness is gonna go. y'all humbled me last week with that sweep.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

we beat santana last yr, we'll do it again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that's about as far as my cockiness is gonna go. y'all humbled me last week with that sweep.
laugh.gif

yea say no more or we just might sweep ya'll again
roll.gif
pimp.gif

after tonights 6 run offensive outburst vs the braves, y'all don't want it. you're catching the nats at the WRONGGGG time.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

bring on johan
eyes.gif

This is without a doubt the best lineup Willie can put out there right now until Alou comes back next week...Gado can be dropped as far down as 7th by thattime (can Barroids or Frank Thomas play 1st base? lol).

I would even throw Pagan # 2 and Castillo #8, but this will do.

Reyes, ss
Castillo, 2b
Wright, 3b
Beltran, cf
Church, rf
Delgado, 1b
Pagan, lf
Schneider, c
Santana, lhp

This is without a doubt the best lineup Willie can put out there right now until Alou comes back next week...Gado can be dropped as far down as 7th by that time (can Barroids or Frank Thomas play 1st base? lol).

I would even throw Pagan # 2 and Castillo #8, but this will do.

Reyes, ss
Castillo, 2b
Wright, 3b
Beltran, cf
Church, rf
Delgado, 1b
Pagan, lf
Schneider, c
Santana, lhp

I don't know man. Until Castillo shows me something this year, I don't want to see him in the 2 slot. Maybe it's early and I'moverreacting, but he just doesn't seem to have any desire this year now that he (somehow) got a 4 year contract.
Delgado's definitely batting 6th tonight, dude needs a seat on the bench though.
I'd much rather see Church in the 2 spot, for now. Like you said though, Pagan at the very least. We need production and it's gonna have tocome from the top half of the lineup until Gado and/or Beltran can do something. I'm not worried about Beltran though. We NEED some damn runs tonight toget this W for Santana. If we can't win games with him on the mound and the other starters keep going only 5 or 6 innings, !*!% won't be pretty.

On the bright side, the Mets won 5 out of 8.
laugh.gif

But the next few gams are:

@ Washington (2 games)
HOME vs. ATL (3 games)
HOME vs. Pirates (3 games)

They SHOULD go 5 out of 8 here, but I'm hoping for 6 out of 8 (sweep at DC, 2 out of 3 for the other 2 series).

i ain't gonna front, y'all are dominating us.

that 6th inning was aggravating as hell with all of those infield hits and then zimmerman's evil twin with the throwing error.
mad.gif
smh.gif

i'm GUARANTEEING victory tomorrow with our ace shawn hill on the mound.

SMH @Zimmerman's error, completely unexpected but he looked unbalanced the entire way.

Nice solid win, Santana made one bad pitch to the pitcher, but really settled down after that.

Must win tomm heading into the tough weekend.

SMH @Zimmerman's error, completely unexpected but he looked unbalanced the entire way.

Nice solid win, Santana made one bad pitch to the pitcher, but really settled down after that.

Must win tomm heading into the tough weekend.

ya, our only offense came from the pitcher. smfh. the offense is so
tired.gif
, the bats just can't break out.
smh.gif

i like our chances tomorrow night to get our first win vs the mets. hill is LEGIT.

Solid. Crazy that Redding drove in their only runs. I missed it so IDK if Santana let up or if it was just good hitting by Redding. Johan with the 2 doublesthough, too bad we couldn't get him in after all that effort.

I was glad to see Castillo step up after my #!%$ talking, haha. Wright went from being lights out in Philly to not looking good at all at the plate. We'vegot a ton of streaky players so far, it's wild. A win is a win though and we need to keep taking advantage of when Johan's on the hill.

Low 90's, and all 4 of his pitches looked effective......its as if he never left.

So excited to have him back, 8th and 9th innings were automatic with Sanchez and Wagner...and hopefully that returns to form this season (so far so good).

In 2006 it would be an automatic win for the Mets when it reached the 6th inning, with Darren Oliver and Chad Bradford, etc. Heilman should resort to his oldrole of 7th inning (sharing with Feliciano) and occasional 8th if Duaner pitched back-to-back.

i went to the game last night with some friends. obviously, i didnt really care who won. i was sitting near mets fans so i rooted with them though. santanalooked decent, but damn those two doubles he hit were nice. i had my beckett shirt on and a sox hat, all the mets fans were like, "yo we'll see you inoctober"
laugh.gif

the mets fans were chill tho. nats fans were aite, mostly families though.

Back
Top Bottom