Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I'm a huge GSP fan but I still think he lacks that knock out power. To this date he hasn't had a win via KO in his MMA career (not saying he doesnt have the KO power because of this). I'm thinking because he just has way too many weapons and as we saw tonight he fights people who have tough chins (Fitch took a lot of punches to the jaw which wouldve knocked out some fighters).

None-the-less, dude's on another level . I wont be a fool to say he's an incomplete champ coz he hasnt KO anyone in the octagon.

yeah he could have a little more power in his hands but it's not really ahuge part of his game to be just ko ing people left and right.

i suppose gsp/hughes 2 was the closest thing he's had to a flat out ko.

but he just such a vesatile striker i dont think it matters as much. i mean, who throws a superman jab? nevermind that he was packing that movesuccessfully into combos consistently.

i attribute this fight more to fitch than gsp's lack ko power tho.

but he just such a vesatile striker i dont think it matters as much. i mean, who throws a superman jab? nevermind that he was packing that move successfully into combos consistently.

laugh.gif
Seriously. A superman punch mixed in with a kick to the midsection.I'd hate to fight this man, dude has too much going in his mind and he's able to do them too

...not to mention that SNAPPY spinning back fist a while ago
eek.gif
laugh.gif
would've been a nice avy.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

really surpised he didnt get finished. he got rocked at least 4 times.
I'm a huge GSP fan but I still think he lacks that knock out power. To this date he hasn't had a win via KO in his MMA career (not saying he doesnt have the KO power because of this). I'm thinking because he just has way too many weapons and as we saw tonight he fights people who have tough chins (Fitch took a lot of punches to the jaw which wouldve knocked out some fighters).

None-the-less, dude's on another level . I wont be a fool to say he's an incomplete champ coz he hasnt KO anyone in the octagon.

i think gsp definitely has knock out power but i also think that greg jackson has put in gsp's head never to get too confident when striking causehe's susceptible to being left open

imo his superman punch is probably capable of knocking out anyone in 170 if he let it fly full power

there were like 3-4 times where gsp wobbled him and once or twice where he dropped him, thats definitely knock out power
Originally Posted by jbone2308

I'm I the only one who thinks GSP either got paid or just let Fitch go further than the 1st round? GSP needs to get BJ then the winner faces Spider. If Spider wins, set up Fedor.

�same as above, i think its all a part of the stay smart and fight smart mentality of never getting too comfident that greg jackson has instilled in him

- imo the only difference between that punch and a flash knockout (which would have been stopped) is that fitch didnt fall forward, otherwise it would havebeen a wrap

Take into account the ref as well. Name slips my mind but he's been known to let fights keep going. Now if it was Herb Dean... The fight would've beena wrap once GSP hit that right hand.

GSP was just dominate tonight. Would love to see him fight Penn who is my fav fighter since he's hawaiian. I think Silva would be too strong for GSP and itmight be too much for Penn to move up and take out GSP. That would be a hecka of a fight though.

Got to give props to Fitch I don't know how he took all those punches I thought he was done after a couple of those shots

i think gsp definitely has knock out power

Yup, I do agree, never said he didn't and you raised some good points on the over-confidence thing.

Take into account the ref as well. Name slips my mind but he's been known to let fights keep going. Now if it was Herb Dean... The fight would've been a wrap once GSP hit that right hand.
My internet connection messed up for a good 20 minutes...if i'm not mistaken, Steve Mazzagatti and Herb didn't officiate any fightstonight? Both had questionable calls before and so the other Ref tonight (Dan M.) who officiated the Lesnar fight. I'm glad those two didn't show uptonight.

just watched the fight again without the occasional lag and gsp straight up fustigated fitch.

that first round was a definite 10-8 for gsp.

im not a fan myself but huerta is a guy who's had a some really tough grind it out fights.

his comeback against guida was inspired.

and a guy who uses the bigscreen to find his opponent and elbow him is gonna garner some fans
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i'm just wondering why Huerta has so many fans (especially here on NT)... doesn't really strike me as an exciting fighter

All of his fights (outside of this fight) had me on the edge of my seat. Watch Huerta/Garcia or Huerta/Guida. Both fights are
eek.gif
and
pimp.gif

And I just noticed Emerson came out to Paper Planes
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

huerta showed tonight that his skills arent up to par yet but he's definitely a gamer, i cant remember if it was a punch or a kick but when florian landedit, huerta just stood there and was like "alright lets do it"
pimp.gif

even though i dont think either of these guys stand a chance against penn, i was rooting for florian because i still dont think huerta's on the same levelof some of these other guys, after this loss its clear that he still needs to fight more top fighters such as stevenson or sherk, my pick would be tysongriffin cause for some reason i love watching this guy fight

good ppv overall

huerta coulndt do anything. disappointed. florian just played around with him near the end. he shoulda just went for the ko/tko

brock lesnar is a scary dude. that punch was amazing. then he tried to do a goldberg spear

gsp just toyed with finch. he had him wobbly and battered on at least 2 occassion standing up. wished gsp just let it go standing up.

bj penn is really hungry for that rematch. i would be too if i was him, cuz he won their first match. i dont care wat nobody says. looks like he put on acouple of pounds too getting ready for a potential rematch.

anderson silva wants to fight gsp?
laugh.gif

thats just lame.

silva needs to fight in his weight class, which is light heavyweight. dude regularly weighs @ 220 and he fights in the middlewight division. fight someone urown size man.

i mean we all know hes crazy good but he really hasnt fought any great fighters in his true weight class. until he fights someone like chuck liddell, wanderleisilva, lyoto, shogun, and rampage... then fedor still takes the title of the best p4p

ref was yvves levegne or somethin like that
gsp made me a fan with that fight, its too bad cuz ive always heard about how good he is, but the only other fight i saw of him was when he got upset by serra,not a good first impression
but he was mad crisp with everything last nite
lesnar fight was dope too, i hope brock keeps learning cuz he definetly has some dominating physical talent, it could be passed off as him taking his time lastnite, bu honestly he prolly just needs to learn more ground technique, and when he does i cant wait to see
cheick kongo flattened that one dude too

Originally Posted by Battousai701

anderson silva wants to fight gsp?
laugh.gif

thats just lame.

silva needs to fight in his weight class, which is light heavyweight. dude regularly weighs @ 220 and he fights in the middlewight division. fight someone ur own size man.

i mean we all know hes crazy good but he really hasnt fought any great fighters in his true weight class. until he fights someone like chuck liddell, wanderlei silva, lyoto, shogun, and rampage... then fedor still takes the title of the best p4p

His true weight class is NOT light heavy. Outside of the Irvin fight he's fought from 175-185. And most people are in the 215-220 weight range whenthey're not training in the middleweight division. He said his intention is to not win the title at 205 but to take attractive fights when it presentsitself. And again, he will never, ever fight Machida. He's said it himself and so has Machida. Andy wants Machida to have the belt.

anybody see the post fight press conference?

fitch's eye was closed. his face was a lot more messed up than i initially thought.

GSP gave Jon Fitch a beating, but I give him props for surviving for the whole fight. GSP VS BJ Penn. Now that is a fight.
pimp.gif

I dont see how anyone is going to be able to handle Brock when he actuallys learns some real fighting styles. Dude is a genetic freak. He ran through that bum.

Back
Top Bottom