Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Battousai701

anderson silva wants to fight gsp?
laugh.gif

thats just lame.

silva needs to fight in his weight class, which is light heavyweight. dude regularly weighs @ 220 and he fights in the middlewight division. fight someone ur own size man.

i mean we all know hes crazy good but he really hasnt fought any great fighters in his true weight class. until he fights someone like chuck liddell, wanderlei silva, lyoto, shogun, and rampage... then fedor still takes the title of the best p4p

His true weight class is NOT light heavy. Outside of the Irvin fight he's fought from 175-185. And most people are in the 215-220 weight range when they're not training in the middleweight division. He said his intention is to not win the title at 205 but to take attractive fights when it presents itself. And again, he will never, ever fight Machida. He's said it himself and so has Machida. Andy wants Machida to have the belt.

we all know that already.

i just think its better for fighters like him(anderson silva) especially to fight in his TRUE weight class, instead of cutting tremendous water weight. itsessentially cheating without breaking the rules. hopefully the sports itself modifies the rules where fighters belong in their TRUE weight class.none of thisbs dehydrating yourself crap.

fedor naturally weighs 230 and hes a heavyweight powerhouse. thats a 10 pound difference between the two fighters.

i just think its better for fighters like him(anderson silva) especially to fight in his TRUE weight class, instead of cutting tremendous water weight. its essentially cheating without breaking the rules. hopefully the sports itself modifies the rules where fighters belong in their TRUE weight class.none of this bs dehydrating yourself crap.

what makes you think 205 is his 'true' weight class.

he still has to lose 15 lbs to make lhw. so his 'true' weight class is heavyweight according to your thought process.

cutting weight is a part of the sport.

just how the hell is that cheating?

essentially all fighters cut weight.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

i just think its better for fighters like him(anderson silva) especially to fight in his TRUE weight class, instead of cutting tremendous water weight. its essentially cheating without breaking the rules. hopefully the sports itself modifies the rules where fighters belong in their TRUE weight class.none of this bs dehydrating yourself crap.

he still has to lose 15 lbs to make lhw. so his 'true' weight class is heavyweight according to your thought process.

Exactly, cutting has been part of every combat sport for who knows how long. Boxing, wrestling, judo, etc. It's not "crap". It'simplemented into a bunch of sports. By your definition 95% of fighters don't fight at their natural weight. Fitch and GSP would be fighting at LHW if thatwas the case. Both walk around 190-195 before extreme dieting and cutting.

u totally missed the point.

ideally a REAL fighter dont need to cut weight. it would be better and more fair if a person fights in his natural weight. thats just more realistic.

if the whole sport... (watever it may be mma, boxing, wrestling, etc.), doesnt have whole process of "cutting weight", then thats a REAL fight.

imagine if the weigh-ins were an 1 hr, maybe even 6 hrs, b4 the fight... no one can cut weight. getting rid of that whole process would make for a realisticfight.

if ur naturally 220 then fight at 220. if ur 230 then fight at 230. this goes for all fighters and competitive athletes that go through weightdivisions.

but hey im just an idealist right?

thats why i like the OG UFC and the open weight class tournaments of Pride... its more REALISTIC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gsp isnt a 'real' fighter? anderson silva isnt a 'real' fighter? bj penn isnt a 'real' fighter?

go ask jon fitch if he felt like he was in a 'real fight' last night. actually no, ask his face.

so according to your thought process no fighters cut weight.

therefore theorectically, essentially all welterweights would still be fightng each other but in the lhw division

all fighters who curently reside in the middleweight division and up would be heavyweights.

and half of the heavyweight division in all of mma would not be allowed to fight at all because they would not be allowed to cut below 265.

anderson silva is not fighting people 'who arent his own size' franklin, hendo? they walk around at the same weight that anderson does.

anderson needs to fight guys his own size? if cutting weight illegal he'd still be fighting the same people.

if cutting weight were illegal in mma then all the same fighters would still be facing off against each other, just at heavier weight classes.

if an individual's personal ability to cut weight is considered too much of an advantage then each fighter having a diffrent training regime is too much ofan advantage as well because fighter a's training camp might be superior to fighter b's training camp.

it's clear that you are the one who has entirely missed the point.

Brock Lesnar is inhuman. Even as a pro wrestling fan watching his matches, he's just too different than the average muscled up guy. To me he's one ofthe most genetically gifted athletes in the world. Dude's got a long career in this if he wants it.

ideally a REAL fighter dont need to cut weight. it would be better and more fair if a person fights in his natural weight. thats just more realistic.

if the whole sport... (watever it may be mma, boxing, wrestling, etc.), doesnt have whole process of "cutting weight", then thats a REAL fight.

imagine if the weigh-ins were an 1 hr, maybe even 6 hrs, b4 the fight... no one can cut weight. getting rid of that whole process would make for a realistic fight.

if ur naturally 220 then fight at 220. if ur 230 then fight at 230. this goes for all fighters and competitive athletes that go through weight divisions.

thats why i like the OG UFC and the open weight class tournaments of Pride... its more REALISTIC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pff idiotic analysis. The OG UFC pushed away a lot of people because it was barbaric. Fortunately it's evolved into a much more sophisticatedsport. Also they have weight classes for a reason. What if a guy was 195 pounds? Should he go down and let people call him a coward like you? or move up and beat a severe 10 pound disadvantage? Also those tournaments weren't accurate. They didn't allow fighters to be at the top of their game. Anderson Silvais as good as he is because he's the best, not because he "walks around" at 210... We didn't hear this stupid crap when Tito was cuttin'from 240 or when Randy dropped from HW to fight Chucky at 205. Educate yourself.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I dont see how anyone is going to be able to handle Brock when he actuallys learns some real fighting styles. Dude is a genetic freak. He ran through that bum.
Brock Lesnar wouldn't stand a chance against Fedor, ever.

Got all main 3 fights correct,

In my book Huerta is still overrated dude has tons of fans and has had tough fights but he wasn't on Florians level.

Say what you want about Brock but for 2 fights into his MMA Career and them all being agaisn't UFC talent he has grown.

And GSP is GSP good fight

I'm disappointed Huerta didn't win. I like Huerta because of the Leonard garcia fight. Both dudes were giving all they had. I don't like him thatmuch anymore though cause my girl was watching the Countdown to UFC 87 with me and was like,"Who is that?"
eek.gif
. I had to change the channel. Florianhas improved so much since the Sherk fight, but I still think he's got quite a way to go if he were to fight BJ Penn.

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Got all main 3 fights correct,

In my book Huerta is still overrated dude has tons of fans and has had tough fights but he wasn't on Florians level.

Say what you want about Brock but for 2 fights into his MMA Career and them all being agaisn't UFC talent he has grown.

And GSP is GSP good fight

Who has he fought lately? He hasn't even fought anybody of note unless you count The Carpenter. But even then, you're barely even scratching top 5in the weight class.
This fight was way more hyped up than it really should have been (kudos, UFC marketing team). Huerta was outclassed.

I really enjoyed Brock. Say what you want, but he has just enough actual talent and athletic ability to deserve being in that cage. People are killin'him on the 'net and equating him to Kimbo. It's not even close. Heath Herring is a straight G and Brock controlled him for 15 minutes.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

imagine if the weigh-ins were an 1 hr, maybe even 6 hrs, b4 the fight... no one can cut weight. getting rid of that whole process would make for a realistic fight.

if ur naturally 220 then fight at 220. if ur 230 then fight at 230. this goes for all fighters and competitive athletes that go through weight divisions.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Pff idiotic analysis. The OG UFC pushed away a lot of people because it was barbaric. Fortunately it's evolved into a much more sophisticated sport. Also they have weight classes for a reason. What if a guy was 195 pounds? Should he go down and let people call him a coward like you? or move up and be at a severe 10 pound disadvantage? Also those tournaments weren't accurate. They didn't allow fighters to be at the top of their game. Anderson Silva is as good as he is because he's the best, not because he "walks around" at 210... We didn't hear this stupid crap when Tito was cuttin' from 240 or when Randy dropped from HW to fight Chucky at 205. Educate yourself.

jeez people are getting way too serious about this.

i just stated a hypothetical scenario of a sport where theres no huge dramatic weight cuts,where fighters have to cut 30 - 40 pounds then get it all back in a matters of hrs.

i agree with wat u guys are saying. having weight classes does make it more of a sport thats more regulated.

not once did i say gsp isnt a real fighter or bj penn isnt a real fighter or watever... so calm down

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I dont see how anyone is going to be able to handle Brock when he actuallys learns some real fighting styles. Dude is a genetic freak. He ran through that bum.
Brock Lesnar wouldn't stand a chance against Fedor, ever.

Most MMA head knew that already. Fedor is a Russian robot sents from the future.

Thoughts on last nights show:

My boy Huerta was simply overmatched. If only he fought the way he did in the 3rd the first 2 rounds, it might have been more interesting. He would probablystill lose though.

Lesnar was a beast. He really does have a bright future in the UFC's weak heavyweight division. Some people were compaining he was Ln'P the whole time.Give him a chance to win a few more fights, develop his skills and he will get better. I'd like to see him fight Kongo next.

GSP is the best welterweight right now. No one is touching him. Although I'm kinda disappointed he didn't finish the fight. Gutsy effort by Fitch buthe really didn't stand a chance.

I think my first UFC event might be in December if GSP fights. That will be a great fight. Right now, I'm slightly leaning toward Penn, IF he can keep hisconditioning up.

My thoughts on last night:

Me and my buddy were sayin Lesnar will be an amazing fighter if he hones all his skills and keeps the speed and power he has now. I see him getting his titleshot within the year

No welterweight can touch GSP right now and im pretty sure he'll beat Penn again

The UFC is at a catch with GSP and Silva, there is no one in their divisions that can come close to them, so Joe silva better be making some interestingmatches to keep us watching

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

My thoughts on last night:

Me and my buddy were sayin Lesnar will be an amazing fighter if he hones all his skills and keeps the speed and power he has now. I see him getting his title shot within the year

No welterweight can touch GSP right now and im pretty sure he'll beat Penn again

The UFC is at a catch with GSP and Silva, there is no one in their divisions that can come close to them, so Joe silva better be making some interesting matches to keep us watching

Right, the only interesting match I see left for GSP is Thiago. It would the first dangerous striker GSP will have fought in a long time. Unfortunately, Isee GSP using his wrestling skills for a decsion to win. Too risky to stand with Thiago. After that, who else is there? Diego and Karo? Nope.

Spider still has Cote and Yushin to beat, which I have no doubt he will.

Well it's been confirmed on a few MMA sites that Penn will face GSP on NYE sooo that's that
laugh.gif
I would like to see Anderson have another fight at205... Anytime he fights it's just amazing.. and i'd like to see more of his skills and not just 1.5 rounds of destruction
laugh.gif

Battousai701 wrote:
bj penn is really hungry for that rematch. i would be too if i was him, cuz he won their first match. i dont care wat nobody says. looks like he put on a couple of pounds too getting ready for a potential rematch.

this man speaks the Truth.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Thoughts on last nights show:

My boy Huerta was simply overmatched. If only he fought the way he did in the 3rd the first 2 rounds, it might have been more interesting. He would probably still lose though.

Lesnar was a beast. He really does have a bright future in the UFC's weak heavyweight division. Some people were compaining he was Ln'P the whole time. Give him a chance to win a few more fights, develop his skills and he will get better. I'd like to see him fight Kongo next.

GSP is the best welterweight right now. No one is touching him. Although I'm kinda disappointed he didn't finish the fight. Gutsy effort by Fitch but he really didn't stand a chance.

I think my first UFC event might be in December if GSP fights. That will be a great fight. Right now, I'm slightly leaning toward Penn, IF he can keep his conditioning up.
how you going to spoil yourself like that man? Your first live event is going to be (god willing) BJ v. GSP? Very few fights that I could think ofthat would rival that one. Live events are the truth. So much excitement in the arena.

I dunno why some of you like to hate on karo and manny so much....especially manny (i don't remember him having done anything really annoying). I wonderif these same people complained at all about lesnar's piss poor sportsmanship and taunting of herring or nate and nick's antics. Poor hateful souls. Some people seem inclined to have the diaz bros nuts on their chins tho.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by BallRN23

I dunno why some of you like to hate on karo and manny so much....especially manny (i don't remember him having done anything really annoying). I wonder if these same people complained at all about lesnar's piss poor sportsmanship and taunting of herring or nate and nick's antics. Poor hateful souls. Some people seem inclined to have the diaz bros nuts on their chins tho.
eyes.gif

Ehhh... you can dead that talk on my part. Met Manny many times before and he's been nothing but an +%!. Not to mention the stunt he pulled the fightbefore this. I used to like those dudes because they were judo guys... Not so much anymore.

jeez people are getting way too serious about this.
i just stated a hypothetical scenario of a sport where theres no huge dramatic weight cuts, where fighters have to cut 30 - 40 pounds then get it all back in a matters of hrs.

i agree with wat u guys are saying. having weight classes does make it more of a sport thats more regulated.

not once did i say gsp isnt a real fighter or bj penn isnt a real fighter or watever... so calm down

I know what you're getting at.. but realistically, no one is cutting 30-40 lbs and gaining that back 1 day later.. I think you're looking at 15 lbsof water weight at most.. Walking weight, well that's the weight when these fighters aren't even near close to fighting shape..

In all honesty, I think it's fair game.. If you've got the ability to cut that much weight, all power to you.. Cutting so much weight can zap yourenergy too.. It's not all beneficial..

Back
Top Bottom