Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Fedor VS Werdum

sick.gif
smh.gif

and it looks like Karo is signing with Strikeforce

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Primetime: Rashad vs Rampage on now

I didn't even know they were having a Primetime show about them.  Surprised me when it came up.
The UFC hypemachine in full effect, hyping up their non-existant feud.  I don't even know why they're angry at each other.  They sound like 2 high school kids just talking smack to each other about nothing.  

^ weren't they having feud even before their TUF season? i remember rashad going to the octagon after rampage won against jardine. jackson said something like a black on black crime.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hellomarco

^ weren't they having feud even before their TUF season? i remember rashad going to the octagon after rampage won against jardine. jackson said something like a black on black crime.
laugh.gif

Yeah, they met in the octagon and just started to instantly hate each other.  It gives Rampage the opportunity to act like a fool.  I think he wants to be the top black guy in the UFC so he wants to take Rashad out.  Next would be Jon Jones and Anderson (black brasilian).

Rampage has said he wants Evans, then Shogun, then Forrest. So this whole top black guy thing should be out the window. I doubt he cares about the color of their skin...

feud started after rampage beat jardine then it just kept rollin with tuf
primetime was good, def stepping up the quality.

i have heard rampage does act different when the cameras are on
i like both fighters so i cant really choose

Their "feud" seems so contrived, I think it almost takes away from the bout with all these fake disses back and forth. You can tell their hearts aren't really into it and that it's not really personal.

Primetime was cool, not quite 24/7 [obviously] but had nice production.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Their "feud" seems so contrived, I think it almost takes away from the bout with all these fake disses back and forth. You can tell their hearts aren't really into it and that it's not really personal.

Wow.

I think it's the exact opposite. I feel like they don't even respect each other.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Wow.

I think it's the exact opposite. I feel like they don't even respect each other.

No way, they definitely both have a mutual respect for one another. The feud seems to forced, Evans is just to humble of a dude and Rampage is to comedic. Both have their own following thats why its been so easy to sell it as a feud.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Wow.

No way, they definitely both have a mutual respect for one another. The feud seems to forced, Evans is just to humble of a dude and Rampage is to comedic. Both have their own following thats why its been so easy to sell it as a feud.
Evans is far from humble. He's danced around in the ring a couple times before, and that's just how Rampage is. I think every fighter has a mutual respect for each other, but I really don't think they like each other. And with the way Rampage has been talking all he wants is to avenge some fights (Evans, Shogun, Forrest).

Was I the only one that noticed how Joe Rogan was basically suckin Shogun's **%# after the fight? He was all like "Shogun is the uncrowned champ and just took what shouldve been his.". Lol, calm down Joe.

Joe Rogan has always been on Shoguns nuts just watch the first fight and listen to him commentating.. And the feud with Rampage and Rashad seems pretty real after Rampage beat Rashads good friend Jardine they been beefing and on TUF that was the greatest season ever
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Rampage has said he wants Evans, then Shogun, then Forrest. So this whole top black guy thing should be out the window. I doubt he cares about the color of their skin...

"Black on black crime."  
laugh.gif

I was obviously joking about the top black guy ufc thing.  
eyes.gif
  Reading sherdog put the black on black violence into my mind.

To me Joe Rogan, just is a huge Pride fan, he praises the Nog Bros, Shogun, Rampage, Wand, Cro-Crop, and don't get me started on the slurping he does with Fedor. He has his favorites just like you and I.

The dude is seriously just one of us, but he gets to do color for fights and gets paid $$$$.

Originally Posted by AMafia

Was I the only one that noticed how Joe Rogan was basically suckin Shogun's **%# after the fight? He was all like "Shogun is the uncrowned champ and just took what shouldve been his.". Lol, calm down Joe.

Well if anything, he's just stating what a lot of people thought since a lot thought Shogun won the first fight also.

I think the Rampage / Evans feud is legit as well.  I'm sure they have some mutual respect but I really think they genuinely don't like each other very much.  Rampage usually jokes around a lot but he seemed serious and focus on the episode of primetime last night.

yeah, rashad is far from respectful. he gave a "flying kiss" to forrest in the middle of their fight.
laugh.gif

doesn't rashad beat anyone who beats his teammate jardine?

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

"Black on black crime."  
laugh.gif

I was obviously joking about the top black guy ufc thing.  
eyes.gif
  Reading sherdog put the black on black violence into my mind.

My bad man my sarcasm detector is off right now
ohwell.gif

And I have no problem with Rogan. It's his job to give his opinion and hype a fight up. He has a ton of knowledge when it comes to fighting, I don't think I would have anyone else on there. Now Goldy... He seems to be there just because of his voice.

LOL, how can anyone really believe that Evans and Rampage DON'T hate each other?!

Aside from Tito/Ken and Tito/Chuck, I don't think there's really been a feud or beef between fighters that's as legit as this one.

I'm sure they'll shake hands and make amends after the fight is over, but for now the hatred is still brewing.

But yes, it all started after 'Page beat Jardine and Evans got in his face afterwards and told him he wanted him next. That lead to opposing coaching duties on TUF which caused even more of a build-up between the two. Rampage has been known to 'play it up' for the camera, and that's something Evans took exception to on multiple occasions during filming.

Hate to sound like a hype machine, but this fight definately won't disappoint.

^I'll add more fuel to hypetrain to Rampage/Rashad beef. They were originally suppose to fight at UFC 96, but Rashad wanted to hold (enjoy) his belt a little longer. So they were penciled in for the big UFC 100 show.

However, the UFC were desperate for a headline fight for UFC 96. I don't know if you guys remember, but they ran 9 shows in almost 3 1/2 months, everyone was either booked or hurt. Rampage with a broken jaw took the 96 fight because he owed Dana the debt for the getting him out of his hit and run incident. Greg Jackson's camp suggested Jardine for the fight, which pissed off Rampage. Rampage's camp believed they wanted to use Jardine as a scout and headhunter. If Jardine won, Rampage would be eliminated from title contention. It was assumed by people that Rashad was scared of Rampage Jackson.

Following UFC 96 in ring "black on black crime incident." Dana wanted them to fight at 98 instead of 100, since Mir/Lesnar had to be pulled from the card. Rampage opted for rest and surgery, and Rashad started talking smack about Rampage pulling out.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

LOL, how can anyone really believe that Evans and Rampage DON'T hate each other?!

Aside from Tito/Ken and Tito/Chuck, I don't think there's really been a feud or beef between fighters that's as legit as this one.

I'm sure they'll shake hands and make amends after the fight is over, but for now the hatred is still brewing.

But yes, it all started after 'Page beat Jardine and Evans got in his face afterwards and told him he wanted him next. That lead to opposing coaching duties on TUF which caused even more of a build-up between the two. Rampage has been known to 'play it up' for the camera, and that's something Evans took exception to on multiple occasions during filming.

Hate to sound like a hype machine, but this fight definately won't disappoint.
Agreed.

this rivalry started wayy before TUF10.

Rashad and Keith Jardine are best friends and when Rampage beat him, Rashad clearly took it in a personal manner.

Ehh, I still don't believe it was genuine at first.  The whole, "you beat my teammate so I want revenge thing" is stupid.  It seems so fabricated like something from pro wrestling.  I wouldn't say they hate each other, but they don't like each other that's for sure.  Rampage seems like a jerkoff when he's trying to play a character and be funny.  Rashad has a big ego and won't back down.  It just got worse during the filming of TUF and they probably annoyed everyone around them.  The feud between Mir and Lesnar seemed way more real and was better.  I feel like Mir is trying to find a legal way to kill Brock or at least make it look like an accident.

Back
Top Bottom