Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Oh, and anyone that seriously thinks Machida is "done" is an MMA n00b or really hates Lyoto Machida

He's still in contention even after this loss.  Lyoto doesn't just all of a sudden suck, Shogun is just that much better.

It also was a styles thing.
Machida was always gonna look bad against Shogun, but he still beats 95% of fighters at LH.

since silva isn't friends with the current light heavyweight champion, is he planning to move up to challenge rua?

gsp's coaching on TUF will be long enough to cancel a possible gsp-silva or at least not in the near future
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AMafia

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Shogun already fought Rampage.....

Dana already said whoever wins in the upcoming Rashad-Rampage fight most likely fights Shogun next.
So it could be a rematch......
I was just telling him that they fought once...

That is the exact reason I made that statement.  Rampage lost the fight against Shogun in Pride.  That's why I want Rampage to fight Shogun again to redeem his loss.  The same way he fought Wanderlei Silva and got the KO.

^ but rampage needs to beat evans first then move upwards again in the division. i just don't know about how will his long layoff affect his conditioning. BA BARACUS FTMFL.

Originally Posted by hellomarco

^ but rampage needs to beat evans first then move upwards again in the division. i just don't know about how will his long layoff affect his conditioning. BA BARACUS FTMFL.

laugh.gif
that got me.

I think the way Dana backs up his words and backs out when it comes to the Rashad/Rampage contention status comes down to this...if Rashad wins either by decision or stoppage he'll get the title shot...but Rampage needs to win very decisively or by KO to get that title shot. With Shogun having a win over Rampage, and Rampage having a long lay off with the whole acting gig fiasco, it will take a very good win for Rampage to win. For Rashad all he needs is a win... the two have never fought before... beating Thiago Silva (although not decisively). That's just my opinion... that being said does anyone see Rashad vs. Rampage going the distance?

And second thing... what Daley did was wrong and all no matter what Kos said to him... but I'm very curious to what Kos was telling him in his ear when they were in the ground. It seemed like the last 2 minutes Kos had a half guard and was just saying some filthy things. Not trying to justify what Daley did... cuz you cannot do that no matter what he said... but I'm curious on what Kos exactly said. If it was about Daley... then it's fine... I just hope it didn't cross the line and he was talking about other things. Because even after that whole Fiasco Kos kept saying he hopes Daley gets another chance in the UFC... maybe feeling a little guilty.

I rarely watch this sport.

But all i have to say is kimbo slice is the biggest gimmick and is a joke to your organization (sport)

Whatever.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

I think the way Dana backs up his words and backs out when it comes to the Rashad/Rampage contention status comes down to this...if Rashad wins either by decision or stoppage he'll get the title shot...but Rampage needs to win very decisively or by KO to get that title shot. With Shogun having a win over Rampage, and Rampage having a long lay off with the whole acting gig fiasco, it will take a very good win for Rampage to win. For Rashad all he needs is a win... the two have never fought before... beating Thiago Silva (although not decisively). That's just my opinion... that being said does anyone see Rashad vs. Rampage going the distance?

that makes sense in the fight world, but a rampage vs shogun rematch would sell more ppv plus they could cross promote with the a-team movie

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

But all i have to say is kimbo slice is the biggest gimmick and is a joke to your organization (sport)

Whatever.
Let me introduce you to Jose Canseco and Bob Sapp.

Thank you, and good night.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Whatever.
Let me introduce you to Jose Canseco and Bob Sapp.

Thank you, and good night.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RunningoftheCarmines

Dana already said whoever wins in the upcoming Rashad-Rampage fight most likely fights Shogun next.

That is the exact reason I made that statement.  Rampage lost the fight against Shogun in Pride.  That's why I want Rampage to fight Shogun again to redeem his loss.  The same way he fought Wanderlei Silva and got the KO.
I doubt Quinton wins. Putting my Chute Boxe bias aside, if Quinton can't check kicks against Griffin and Jardine what makes you think he'll do it against Shogun?

Shogun is a smarter fighter than Wanderlei is, basically a refined Chute Boxe fighter. Wand was always a brawler but at the point he faced Quinton he had already been KO'd by Cro Cop and Hendo.

Rua has beaten some of the biggest names in MMA: Machida, Liddell, Arona, Overeem 2x, Rogerio

However I would still be very interested in a rematch where Shogun couldn't soccer kick Quinton into oblivion

Kimbo Slice is garbage. They shouldn't have even put him on UFC Undisputed 2010.
And I had Paul Daley winning the fight but why'd he have to pull that foolishness after the fight?
smh.gif

dana was back-tracking about the winner of rashad/rampage getting a title shot after last night
Rashad asked dana if he ko'ed rampage will he get the shot and dana said yeah prob. So we can only wait and see.

Even if kos was talking trash, daley shouldnt have sucker punched him.
He should have worked up to his feet, instead of talking trash on his back

I'm happy that the title fight was exciting.  The last few championship bouts were lackluster.
Shogun with the KO.  
pimp.gif

Machida was aggressive and that's probably why he lost.  You could hear the crowd cringe when they showed his closed up eye on the screen.  
laugh.gif

Last nights card lacked fireworks but the last 2 fights were very good IMO.

Kos/Daley was just what I thought it would be. Kos owning Daley on the ground. Daley is another UK fighter lacking the wrestling skills. I thought KOS held his composure very well after Daley swinged on him after the fight.

Shogun was great last night. I dont know if anyone else feels Lyoto looked diffrent in that round yesterday. Like being super (more) defensive.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by RunningoftheCarmines

I doubt Quinton wins. Putting my Chute Boxe bias aside, if Quinton can't check kicks against Griffin and Jardine what makes you think he'll do it against Shogun?

Shogun is a smarter fighter than Wanderlei is, basically a refined Chute Boxe fighter. Wand was always a brawler but at the point he faced Quinton he had already been KO'd by Cro Cop and Hendo.

Rua has beaten some of the biggest names in MMA: Machida, Liddell, Arona, Overeem 2x, Rogerio

However I would still be very interested in a rematch where Shogun couldn't soccer kick Quinton into oblivion

Hey, I hear ya.  The fight against Griffin was supposed to be his wake up call but apparently he still doesn't seems to be checking kicks even after that fight
tired.gif
 . But I guess we will see what's gonna happen when they both fight again.  Rampage has to be 110% ready for Shogun
pimp.gif

If Rampage beats Evans, I'm almost positive he'll get the title shot. I know he hasn't fought in a while but we'll all see how hard he's been training and how he looks against Evans. Before the whole movie thing, Rampage was the #1 contender but passed up the shot so he can coach TUF and fight Rashad. If he's impressive against Rashad, then I don't see why he's not the #1 contender again.

Shogun took the opportunity and ran with it! He should have won the 1st fight with Machida so it was nice to see him not leave it to the judges again. What a vicious KO! The light-heavy division is as stacked as ever, there will be some great match-ups in the future.

As much as I don't like Koscheck, props to him but I can't wait to see GSP give him the business again.

I knew Dana wasn't going to take Paul Daley's foolishness lightly. It would have been nice to see a Daly vs. Thiago Alves fight, I think that would be a sick match-up.

I don't think Rampage will run through Rashad as easily as everyone thinks.  I remember most of NT saying Evans has no chance.  I don't know how good his coaches and training partners are at Wolfslair.  Plus, it always seems like he doesn't have a gameplan.  He just goes in to brawl.  He's an up and down fighter.  He ko'ed Eastman, Liddell, and Wand without much effort.  But, he looked bad against Forrest and was losing to Jardine until the last 10-15 seconds of the fight.
I just watched Tom Lawlor's Apollo Creed entrance.  Awesome.  
laugh.gif

Yeah, this point I'm pretty sure the winner of Rampage/Evans will get a shot at Shogun for UFC 120 or 121 w/e. It's only a matter of time before Dana announces it whether its before or after the fight. The schedules work out well the two events being just a few weeks within, and to be honest...who else is there in the light heavyweight division to put up against Shogun right now. If Forrest/Little Nog was still a go, that could have been an arguement especially if Forrest would have won since he has a win over Shogun but even if that fight were to go I doubt Forrest would have won against Little Nog and I'm a Griffin fan... but he would def be the underdog.

By the way... Am I the only one looking forward to Chuck vs Franklin for UFC 115? I know it has no title implications, and Chuck being at the end of his career, and Rich (one of my favs) getting older... but I think it's going to be a great stand up fight. I got Franklin taking it by decision.

Also what are your predictions for Rampage/Evans? Betting odds are pretty close... and it is a very even match in my opinion. I can see Evans getting the slight edge if he sticks to the Greg Jackson plan if you know what I mean.

I think Rashad will beat Rampage if they're standing up.  He's striking just seems more loose while Rampage is kinda tense.. though Rampage probably got more power. 

don't you think it's a lil bit quick that evans will get a title shot if he defeats rampage? that will be after 2 wins only since losing the belt and he didn't even win over thiago decisively.

Back
Top Bottom