Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by hellomarco

don't you think it's a lil bit quick that evans will get a title shot if he defeats rampage? that will be after 2 wins only since losing the belt and he didn't even win over thiago decisively.
To be honest, if he KOs Rampage or vice versa, he gets the title shot. If Rampage and Sugar fight is a borefest with no clear winner, Dana will probably look at Liddell/Franklin, Couture, or even Forrest.

There are no real contenders right now at 205, everyone is just in the mix.

Shogun might be the champ, but can he headline a PPV?? Pretty much any of the six listed has to be matched with him for drawing reasons.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

I think Rashad will beat Rampage if they're standing up.  He's striking just seems more loose while Rampage is kinda tense.. though Rampage probably got more power. 
indifferent.gif
are you new to MMA? Rampage EASILY has more power (just watch the slam he does against Arona) and rampages boxing is so much better. IMO the only way rampage loses is if he comes out of shape/ring rust or Rashad just wrestles for a decision because i don't see rampage getting knocked out by rashad

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

I think Rashad will beat Rampage if they're standing up.  He's striking just seems more loose while Rampage is kinda tense.. though Rampage probably got more power. 
indifferent.gif
are you new to MMA? Rampage EASILY has more power (just watch the slam he does against Arona) and rampages boxing is so much better. IMO the only way rampage loses is if he comes out of shape/ring rust or Rashad just wrestles for a decision because i don't see rampage getting knocked out by rashad

i dont see rampage losing but rashad has a chance through controlling the fight with his movement and a punchers chance

I'm not going to count Rashad out by any means but if he decides to stand with Rampage, it's over for him. Even though he is quicker than Rampage, it only takes 1 punch to put him out. As for Page, he has a good chin and I think he can take Rashad's best shot. Even in his last fight against Thiago Silva, he got rocked towards the end of the fight but he survived because Silva gassed up.

Regardless, should be a good fight but if Rampage comes in focused and in good shape, I see Rashad being put to sleep. They did a lot of trash talking on TUF, let's see if the bad blood is still there even though this fight was postponed for a long time.

laugh.gif
at Rampage's tweets. 

i hate it when fighters wrestle for a decision win. it can be considered as "domination" but it's boring unless they can finish it on the ground. GSP, Rashad, Couture, Koscheck etc. *YAAAAWN*

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

don't you think it's a lil bit quick that evans will get a title shot if he defeats rampage? that will be after 2 wins only since losing the belt and he didn't even win over thiago decisively.
To be honest, if he KOs Rampage or vice versa, he gets the title shot. If Rampage and Sugar fight is a borefest with no clear winner, Dana will probably look at Liddell/Franklin, Couture, or even Forrest.

Shogun might be the champ, but can he headline a PPV?? Pretty much any of the six listed has to be matched with him for drawing reasons.

WHAT!?!?!?!?! Why leave out Minotoro??????? Granted he isn't fighting Forrest so his win won't be that huge but leaving him of the list and putting Couture on is TERRIBLE. 
Liddell vs Shogun again, really? 

Franklin has no shot, just no. He had a tought time beating a gassed out Wand, NO WAY he takes out Shogun. Shogun always avenges Wanderlei's losses, just look at Arona, Liddell. 

The biggest contenders for his belt IMO would be Quinton and diet Nog just because they are able to take such punishment.

Lastly Rashad does have a chance also, the 205 division is stacked but if Rua is able to defend at least twice I don't see anyone except for Jon Jones in at least 1.5 years.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

I'm not going to count Rashad out by any means but if he decides to stand with Rampage, it's over for him. Even though he is quicker than Rampage, it only takes 1 punch to put him out. As for Page, he has a good chin and I think he can take Rashad's best shot. Even in his last fight against Thiago Silva, he got rocked towards the end of the fight but he survived because Silva gassed up.

Regardless, should be a good fight but if Rampage comes in focused and in good shape, I see Rashad being put to sleep. They did a lot of trash talking on TUF, let's see if the bad blood is still there even though this fight was postponed for a long time.

laugh.gif
at Rampage's tweets. 
All of that is true but,  Rampage couldn't knock out Forrest or Jardine and those two are known for having glass jaws.  I don't know why, maybe he couldn't land a solid shot.  He did knockdown Jardine in the last few seconds.  

indifferent.gif
actually, yeah i'm a casual MMA fan. Can't i not comment?  I did say Rampage got more power.  

Roy Nelson vs. Junior Dos Santos in the works for UFC 117 main card
Roy Nelson (15-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) won't be tussling with Cheick Kongo after all.

Kongo (15-6-1 MMA, 8-4 UFC) has withdrawn from a rumored meeting with Nelson at UFC 116 due to a back injury, according to multiple reports. In his place, the UFC has slotted a surprising replacement: Junior Dos Santos (11-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC).

According to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) sources close to the event, at least one fighter has agreed to the contest, now targeted for the main card of UFC 117, with the intention to sign a bout agreement.

smokin.gif
 I'm sure this will be GREAT fight. Both fighters with great stand up and awesome ground game. I can honestly say this will be Nelson's defining victory. Roy is too smart of a fighter to lose to a young gun like JDS. The Heavyweight division is so exciting right now, it's insane
pimp.gif

Roy Nelson's stand up is pretty good but not nearly as good as JDS. I don't think he's dumb to keep the fight on the feet. His best chance of winning is to take it to the ground and use his weight to keep JDS down. But JDS is a damn beast with his striking, this should be a good fight.

indifferent.gif
actually, yeah i'm a casual MMA fan. Can't i not comment?  I did say Rampage got more power.  
It's cool man, people love to huff and puff too much in this thread. You have to watch more Rampage fights since he's been in the UFC. No wasted movement, good head movement, pretty good footwork, great left hand, etc. He trained with Juanito Ibarra who worked with De La Hoya and is working with Toney in MMA right now. Rashard's boxing relies on his athletic ability too much.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

indifferent.gif
It's cool man, people love to huff and puff too much in this thread. You have to watch more Rampage fights since he's been in the UFC. No wasted movement, good head movement, pretty good footwork, great left hand, etc. He trained with Juanito Ibarra who worked with De La Hoya and is working with Toney in MMA right now. Rashard's boxing relies on his athletic ability too much.

Yeah, but I wouldn't be suprised if it turns into Rashad shooting for the clinch and takedowns to get that top position... actually I fully expect that if Rashad wants to sure himself a victory. I'm pretty sure Rashad just needs a W to get that titleshot so I expect him and Greg Jackson to implement that plan. And although Rampage's Jiu Jitsu has improved... I'm not sure it's enough to handle Rashad on the ground. 

^ that's probably rashad's gameplan. he will try to stay on top for 3 rounds. he wouldn't want to stand with rampage.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

WHAT!?!?!?!?! Why leave out Minotoro??????? Granted he isn't fighting Forrest so his win won't be that huge but leaving him of the list and putting Couture on is TERRIBLE. 
Liddell vs Shogun again, really? 

Franklin has no shot, just no. He had a tought time beating a gassed out Wand, NO WAY he takes out Shogun. Shogun always avenges Wanderlei's losses, just look at Arona, Liddell. 

The biggest contenders for his belt IMO would be Quinton and diet Nog just because they are able to take such punishment.

Lastly Rashad does have a chance also, the 205 division is stacked but if Rua is able to defend at least twice I don't see anyone except for Jon Jones in at least 1.5 years.
I like Lil Nog. I stated earlier that they need to fight again. His boxing is probably the best in MMA and the only 205er who can beat Shogun standing up. The only problem is he doesn't speak clear english and the America audience don't know who he is, or will confuse him with Big Nog. Real fans know who is, but casual fans don't.

They need to build him up like they did Machida and have him destroy everyone in his path.  It sucks that Forrest pulled out, he would of been on the short track to a title shot. Now, he  probably will face the winner of Liddell/Franklin, Shad/Page, or wait for Forrest again.
eyes.gif

For Shogun,  I don't think the UFC believes he can headline a PPV yet, giving him a big name (Liddell, Franklin, Couture, Forrest) where he can destroy them like Silva did with Franklin or GSP did with Hughes will give him that rub he needs.

Plus, it would beneficial for the 205 division to have someone defend and retain the belt. We had too many title changes, it makes everyone look average. The champion needs to be clear cut and defined.

There ain't nothing "
pimp.gif
" or "
smokin.gif
" about Koschek.  Dude is a certified lame for his acting in the cage.  This is the second time he's pulled some wack @*!+.  They should start deducting points for his failed attempts.  First the fake eye poke and now the knee to the head. 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JUS3

There ain't nothing "
pimp.gif
" or "
smokin.gif
" about Koschek.  Dude is a certified lame for his acting in the cage.  This is the second time he's pulled some wack @*!+.  They should start deducting points for his failed attempts.  First the fake eye poke and now the knee to the head. 
smh.gif
I agree and the fact that he just lays on his opponents for three rounds is lame. Silva gets crap for dancing around, but Kos gets nothing for dry humping a guy for 15 minutes.

indifferent.gif
we're picking on you because on how you speak of "casual boxing fans" on the boxing thread. you're Clutchshooter's version there.

fair enough?

I had a GREAT weekend in Vegas, 3 for 3 on the fights I put $$ down on!

Granted it was only $60 total, but still gave me a little pocket change for the night.

Strikeforce card on Saturday has some decent match ups, gonna be interesting to see how Arlovski comes into this one after 2 straight KO losses. Bigfoot is no joke, hopefully AA comes ready.

Overeems first title defense LOL!! Rogers doesn't stand too much of a chance IMO, hope he proves me wrong like Shogun did Saturday night!!!

Rua vs. Evans/Rampage winner, then the winner there will probably get Couture SMH.

GSP/Koscheck on TUF 12 should be intriguing as well, you already know Kos is gonn aplay the heel role to the max in order to build up drama to his title shot. GSP won't have much to say in return, he'll let his fist/feet/elbows/TD's do the talking for him.

Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery

MAIN CARD

Champ Alistair Overeem
vs. Brett Rogers (for heavyweight title)
Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Joey Villasenor
Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman
Antwain Britt vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Roy Nelson vs. Junior Dos Santos in the works for UFC 117 main card
Roy Nelson (15-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) won't be tussling with Cheick Kongo after all.

Kongo (15-6-1 MMA, 8-4 UFC) has withdrawn from a rumored meeting with Nelson at UFC 116 due to a back injury, according to multiple reports. In his place, the UFC has slotted a surprising replacement: Junior Dos Santos (11-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC).

According to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) sources close to the event, at least one fighter has agreed to the contest, now targeted for the main card of UFC 117, with the intention to sign a bout agreement.

smokin.gif
 I'm sure this will be GREAT fight. Both fighters with great stand up and awesome ground game. I can honestly say this will be Nelson's defining victory. Roy is too smart of a fighter to lose to a young gun like JDS. The Heavyweight division is so exciting right now, it's insane
pimp.gif
I was hoping for a JDS - Cain fight but this one should be good too

Originally Posted by JUS3

There ain't nothing "
pimp.gif
" or "
smokin.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

I definitely see Rashad trying to clinch and work some takedowns in hopes of tiring Rampage out, and then open up with some big combos in the 3rd round.

I may be one of the few who thinks Rashad will pull it off, but im a pretty big Evans fan so im backing him 100%

Back
Top Bottom