Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Can we get a thread title update Monopoly??

Big weekend coming up, lotta hype being built around this fight.

I'll be in Vegas this weekend as well, thinking of laying down some small bets on a few of the fights, but I have NO CLUE on how or where to do it!

Where's my dude Mojo at, I know he knows his stuff when it comes to MMA wagering...

Forrest is out of the 115 fight with Lil Nog...and is being replaced by ....wait for it...wait for it.....Jason Brilz. What a letdown..was looking forward to this more then the main event.
mad.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif

^
Brilz will probably last longer than Forrest would have.  Lil' Nog would've knocked out Forrest after a few exchanges.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
Brilz will probably last longer than Forrest would have.  Lil' Nog would've knocked out Forrest after a few exchanges.
Maybe, but I enjoy watching Forrest get the life beaten out of him.

^
No he wouldn't have. Forrest actually had a good chance of winning this fight, Brilz gets worked 10 times out of 10.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

^
No he wouldn't have. Forrest actually had a good chance of winning this fight, Brilz gets worked 10 times out of 10.
Disagree. Forrest is Forrest and Lil Nog is Lil Nog.

What is that supposed to mean? Forrest isn't a good fighter? The same Forrest that beat Shogun and Rampage when they were considered the best in their division (and I don't want to hear any damn excuses about Shogun, there is NEVER a fighter that goes into a fight 100%). Forrest is a hard fight for ANYONE (not named Anderson Silva, but who knows who a hard fight would be for Anderson). I didn't say Forrest would be a favorite, but to say that Forrest has no chance is completely idiotic.

And I don't even understand why people don't like Forrest. How can people not like a fighter who lays it out like Forrest has done throughout his whole career. It's not like he's a cocky @!%!!$%. People say it's his lack of skill, but he gets the most of what he's given. He has done A LOT more things in MMA then fighters with four times the talent.

I haven't seen Brilz fight, I just read in an article he's a pretty good wrestler.  I'll just guess that he will try to get the fight to the ground and not stand too long.
Forrest is a tough fight for most people, but he has no power in his hands and his chin is average.  He's tough, has great heart, follows the gameplan and will outwork you.  He always wants the fight to stay on the feet, Lil' Nog is a way better striker and would've cracked his skull.

I don't know why you're saying people don't like him.  He's one of the most popular fighters in the sport.  It's just that people make fun of him for crying after getting KO'ed by Jardine and running to the locker room after Silva gave him the worst raping in a match in recent memory.

That last part was meant for post like the one above yours. Forrest is either a love or hate fighter but I just don't understand how anyone can hate a fighter like him. And yes he has no power and yes his chin has been seen to be average, but like you said he follows a gameplan and outworks someone. That can make up for A LOT. Rampage is a very polished striker now and has heavier hands then Lil' Nog and he beat him and lasted 5 rounds. If Forrest just sticks to his gameplan he's not just gonna get blasted by Lil' Nog and a good gameplan (like he did against Rampage and Shogun) he will stay in that fight. There hasn't been one fight (except Anderson, and to a lesser extent Jardine, even though from what I remember he was beating up Jardine before he got rocked) that Forrest wasn't competitive in. And if he does the same thing to Lil' Nog that he did to Page and destroy his legs he can take Lil' Nog's boxing out of the equation and while Lil' Nog is a whiz on the ground both Nog Bros have shown average take downs and wrestling. It's not that easy getting into range with Forrest and it's not easy taking him down.

And I've seen Brillz fight against Marshall. He's nothing special IMO. Taking Lil' Nog to the ground and saving him the trouble of taking him down would probably put a huge smile on his face and Brillz's striking isn't on par with Forrest's.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

I can't wait for the Machida-Rua 2 rematch. This time it won't go to distance.

I am too. But Kos-Daley is going to be something else. How much talk that has come out between the two somebody better go to sleep by force or by choice.

Saturday will be an interesting night. I'll be in Vegas, hopefully I can find a spot to catch em at.

I would LIKE to see Shogun take it this time, but I really don't think he will. I think Machida has more to improve on and change than Shogun does. Shogun pretty much fought a PERFECT fight, yet the judges still gave it to Machida. If Machida can make just a few minor adjust adjustments, he'll take another UD. I don't see either fighter being able to finish the other. They're that equally matched.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong though and Shogun takes the title, imagine a Shogun vs. Spider fight for the LHW title?!?! WOW!!!

As for the Daley/Koscheck match, I see it going the same way as the Rumble/Kos fight. If Josh can survive on his feet long enough to get it to the ground, it'll be over pretty quickly. I'm not a Koscheck fan in any sense, but the UK fanboys on the UG have made me resent ALL fighters from that damn country, Rampage included.

Kimbo better enjoy this PPV match, I don't think he'll be able to pull too much more PPV money after this fight is over. I <3 Kimbo, I really do, but I don't see him having too much success in the UFC even if it is against a fighter of Mitrione's caliber. He'll never be more than a C-Level fighter IMO.

MAIN CARD

Champ Lyoto Machida
vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (for light heavyweight title)
Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck
Jeremy Stephens
vs. Sam Stout
Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Matt Mitrione
Alan Belcher vs. Patrick Cote

PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor
Marcus Davis
vs. Jonathan Goulet
T.J. Grant vs. Johny Hendricks
Joey Beltran
vs. Tim Hague
Mike Guymon
vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Jason MacDonald
vs. John Salter

So forrests' crucification is put on hold ? :/ damn i was looking forward to that fight. As for tomorrow my picks will be Belcher, Slice, Stout, Kos and Machida. I just cannot imagine or see Machida losing. He is too damn elusive. When the opponent pushes forward he backs away and dodges what the guy throws. As for Kos he has good striking and excellent wrestling. I dont think he's Crazy enough to stand with semtex. i see a submission victory for Kos. I can't imagine semtex as coach as well. Enjoy the fights tomorrow NT.

rua and daley for me. i wanna see them knockout their opponents. but i don't know if semtex can fight on the ground. you can't discredit koscheck's wrestling.

MAIN CARD

Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (for light heavyweight title)
Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck
Jeremy Stephens
vs. Sam Stout
Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Matt Mitrione
Alan Belcher vs. Patrick Cote

PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor
Marcus Davis
vs. Jonathan Goulet
T.J. Grant vs. Johny Hendricks
Joey Beltran
vs. Tim Hague
Mike Guymon
vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Jason MacDonald
vs. John Salter

Anyone wanna sig bet for Shogun/Machida or Matt/Kimbo?
happy.gif

Yes, can't wait for tonight.  
pimp.gif

Machida's movement will probably be better than last time.  It'll be difficult for Shogun to win again.  He'll probably mix up striking from a distance and being super aggressive.  I think he gets the fight to the ground and pulls off a sub.  

Koscheck is dumb enough to stand with Semtex for a few minutes.  After he gets rocked a few times he'll take him down and beat him.

I hope Mitrione knocks out Kimbo.

Did anyone watch the weigh-ins?  Dana's Korean Zombie shirt.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  I must find it.

Back
Top Bottom