Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Impressive fight by Aldo.
I liked him a lot before the fight but wow he really impressed me this time. Probably my favorite fighter right now. Love his attitude.

This dude came in with "Run this Town" in Faber's 'hometown'

Too much swag
pimp.gif
roll.gif

P4P make room on the list

Props to Aldo.  I'm glad Urijah toughed it out, but he was outclassed tonight.  I'd like to see Jose move up
laugh.gif

That Garcia vs Jung fight 
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Jung got robbed, though.

Great experience tonight...more later/tomorrow 

Had a fun *$! night..place was rockin...Faber was in some crazy pain after the fight, he couldn't keep his eyes open..Aldo said he loves Sac like a second home and hopes we can adopt him as one of our own -
pimp.gif

Garcia and Jung definitely fight of the night,

would like to see Aldo in the Lightweights.

would Aldo vs. Penn be a reach??

Aldo is a effin stud. Also Faber has some serious heart and toughness. 
MANNY
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 That was big for us Armenians, specially on that particular day
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Garcia and Jung definitely fight of the night,

would like to see Aldo in the Lightweights.

would Aldo vs. Penn be a reach??
Aldo is only 23 and he's already stated that he's open to moving up in weight. It's only a matter of time, I'd say give it a year or two.

Anywhere I can watch the Aldo Faber fight?  I could only find one copy of this fight and it won't even load up
mad.gif
mad.gif

The videos finally loaded and I got to watch that domination by Aldo.  I was surprised that 2 judges gave Faber a round.  I guess Faber has no choice but to move down to 135.

People need to stop this moving up in weight talk.  Aldo's only defended his belt once and people already want him to move up to lightweight.  He'd be facing huge wrestlers.  Edgar, Griffin, Florian and Penn would also match up with his striking.  Fans now think that every champion needs to move up in weight to prove something. 

said it before, saying it now, and said it from the ***% ing start, urijah faber was the product of a shallow 145 lbs division.

jose wasnt even nearly as aggressive as he usually is, in fact he spent the whole damn fight in cruise control and he still annihilated faber.
laugh.gif

now that the featherweight division is in a state of rapid growth, faber has become irrelevant.

he's 2-3 in his last 5.

and the phd calibre minds of NT's mma crowd argued that faber was to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of anderson silva and gsp.  
roll.gif

and yet it turned out that i was correct. again. surprise surprise  
eyes.gif

there's never been any point to intelligent mma analysis in this thread because there hasn't been any sign of intelligence in this thread. ever. and this just reinforces that fact.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

said it before, saying it now, and said it from the ***% ing start, urijah faber was the product of a shallow 145 lbs division.

jose wasnt even nearly as aggressive as he usually is, in fact he spent the whole damn fight in cruise control and he still annihilated faber.
laugh.gif

now that the featherweight division is in a state of rapid growth, faber has become irrelevant.

he's 2-3 in his last 5.

and the phd calibre minds of NT's mma crowd argued that faber was to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of anderson silva and gsp.  
roll.gif

eyes.gif

there's never been any point to intelligent mma analysis in this thread because there hasn't been any sign of intelligence in this thread. ever. and this just reinforces that fact.

Are you done jacking yourself off in front of us, or should I wait for your brilliant money shot onto one of our faces?

Your Cut n' Paste "insight" is nothing different than the stuff you'll see on the sherdog or MMAJunkie forums/comment threads.  So please, spare us the dramatics.

But anyway, as for last night...

It was a crazy night of fights at Arco.  Sacramento always comes out to represent, and this was my 3rd live card I've watched in Sac.  I've seen Faber/Brown II and Varner/Henderson previous to last night.

Lots of fighters were accesible throughout the night, even if we were just lower bowl instead of on the floor.  My wife was able to get pictures with Chuck, Charlie Valencia, Josh Rosenthal, Skyscrape, and Punkass. And a friend of mine stopped  Anthony Johnson for a picture.  For anybody who doesn't believe that guy cuts a ton of weight, I wouldn't be surprised if that guy is walking around at 220 right about now.  He looks huge.

Shout out to my boy Ryan Loco for taking time to come by and say "what's up", even after technical difficulties (f AT&T). Loco was decked out in a shirt n' tie for his birthday.  Happy 29th, man.

Many thanks to my long time friend Mark Munoz for taking the time to take pictures with my son after getting harassed by my wife via text all afternoon.  I can't stress to you guys how genuinely good a guy that man is.  He's definitely someone you can pull for, win or lose. 

laugh.gif

he's 2-3 in his last 5.

roll.gif

eyes.gif

I think everyone was hoping you would never show up in this thread again.  This thread was great for the many months you didn't post.  You brag about the dumbest things.  It was only a few members who ranked Faber that highly while you make it seem like everyone did.  It's not like you provide any top notch analysis yourself.

laugh.gif

he's 2-3 in his last 5.

roll.gif

eyes.gif

People like you make this world an awful place

finally found a link to the aldo/faber fight. but does anyone have a link to the ben henderson fight that they can PM me? still can't find it. thanks in advance.

and if anyone wants the link to the aldo/faber fight, pm me and ill provide the link.

I wouldn't call Urijah irrelevant at all...Urijah is still a problem for pretty much anybody else at 145, even Mike Brown despite those losses...but at this point, 145 is looking a lot like 170...Tons of talent, but nobody is taking the belt.  I don't see anybody beating Aldo at 145 right now.   

No excuses for the loss.  Jose had his way.  Huge props for the way he and Soares handled post-fight PR.  A lot of the meatheads boo'd him relentlessly, but you have to show respect.

A few things I observed:

- Shields and Nate Diaz (I think it was Nate at least, I could barely see him with the people gathering around), got a great response from the crowd.  Both went in the stands and signed autographs for like 10 minutes straight during one of the breaks.

- This guy Chuck was out at the after party until the last call.  I couldn't tell if he was drunk, since he walks so funny to begin with
laugh.gif
 Good thing Tito didn't see it.

- Hopefully Pettis and Pickett got some sort of undisclosed bonuses.  Those guys put in great fights.  Pickett might have broken his collarbone in round two!

- Mike Brown got a big pop from the crowd...great to see that kind of respect for a dude like that.  I'm glad Manny won though, especially on such a symbolic day for him.

- Arco was especially loud...did you guys hear everyone in the upperdeck stomping the wood foundations during the Jung/Garcia fight?  Thankfully this POS arena is still good for something.  I think that fight easily had the biggest response other than Urijah's entrance.  Speaking of which, Tyreke walking out with Urijah was 
pimp.gif
 the crowd lost their minds. 

The event itself was amazing, and I will definitely be going to more live shows.  I got free tickets from some friends that fight in the WEC, but I would definitely recommend to anybody that just being in the building is well worth the ticket price.   Next time I might have to go all out with the JUST BLEED look, though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Burn916

I wouldn't call Urijah irrelevant at all...Urijah is still a problem for pretty much anybody else at 145, even Mike Brown despite those losses...but at this point, 145 is looking a lot like 170...Tons of talent, but nobody is taking the belt.  I don't see anybody beating Aldo at 145 right now.   

No excuses for the loss.  Jose had his way.  Huge props for the way he and Soares handled post-fight PR.  A lot of the meatheads boo'd him relentlessly, but you have to show respect.

A few things I observed:

- Shields and Nate Diaz (I think it was Nate at least, I could barely see him with the people gathering around), got a great response from the crowd.  Both went in the stands and signed autographs for like 10 minutes straight during one of the breaks.

- This guy Chuck was out at the after party until the last call.  I couldn't tell if he was drunk, since he walks so funny to begin with
laugh.gif
 Good thing Tito didn't see it.

- Hopefully Pettis and Pickett got some sort of undisclosed bonuses.  Those guys put in great fights.  Pickett might have broken his collarbone in round two!

- Mike Brown got a big pop from the crowd...great to see that kind of respect for a dude like that.  I'm glad Manny won though, especially on such a symbolic day for him.

- Arco was especially loud...did you guys hear everyone in the upperdeck stomping the wood foundations during the Jung/Garcia fight?  Thankfully this POS arena is still good for something.  I think that fight easily had the biggest response other than Urijah's entrance.  Speaking of which, Tyreke walking out with Urijah was 
pimp.gif
 the crowd lost their minds. 

The event itself was amazing, and I will definitely be going to more live shows.  I got free tickets from some friends that fight in the WEC, but I would definitely recommend to anybody that just being in the building is well worth the ticket price.   Next time I might have to go all out with the JUST BLEED look, though
laugh.gif
Dude it was crazy fun..Our seats in the second level were cool and worth the 40 dollars..The atmosphere was crazy and we did partake in the foot stomping throughout the night..I'm definitely going again..I thought I would see a lot of meatheads but overall the crowd was cool and not what I expected...Overall a great time..

Originally Posted by shogun

The videos finally loaded and I got to watch that domination by Aldo.  I was surprised that 2 judges gave Faber a round.  I guess Faber has no choice but to move down to 135.

People need to stop this moving up in weight talk.  Aldo's only defended his belt once and people already want him to move up to lightweight.  He'd be facing huge wrestlers.  Edgar, Griffin, Florian and Penn would also match up with his striking.  Fans now think that every champion needs to move up in weight to prove something. 
It's only a natural progression. Of course he shouldn't move up yet, but he's so young, eventually if he continues at this pace, moving up isn't that much out of the question.

I'm sure he can put on weight easy.

In the same interview where he said he'd be open to moving up he also insisted that his place is at 145 for a while.

Back
Top Bottom